Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

On 3/5/2024 at 4:26 AM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

We're hoping to conduct our own forum's annual Gavin's Mock Draft for the year 2024 in April.

It will be a 5-round mock draft this year that we all could participate typically around 3 hours every day in the evening for a week and few more days. 

Anyone who has not participated in last year's mock draft or earlier is very welcome to join on the fun.

Participants can state the NFL team that they'd like to represent this year as their GM.

Colts GM will be selected by a Lucky Draw using random generator as we did last year, among all the GMs who join one will get to represent Colts. 

Last year's participants listed below, can you please confirm if you'd like to be part of the Mock Draft this year? 

@ColtsGermany

@Yoshinator (formerly Jared Cisneros - Damn, my phone still remembers) 

@coltsfanej

@danlhart87

@Mike06181 (Lions fan presumably wishing to select for Lions) 

@CR91 

@El Potro 

@crazycolt1 

@runthepost 

@RNGDShobby 

@Archer 

@John Hammonds 

@TomDiggs

@NFLfan 

@Defjamz26 

@PureLuck 

@chad72 

@RollerColt 

@SaturdayAllDay

If you know any one else would be willing to join this year mock draft, please let them know and ask them to inform their interest here. 

@tweezy32 are you willing to join this year? 

Dang i missed the mention! Love to do lions but if they are already gone i will take whoever is left.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Sorry guys, it got busy for me and was out of station for a bit.

Is April 2nd evening 6 PM ET okay for everyone? Should it start a little later if most of you're in Central time zone or in West? I don't want it to drag on to late night as well. 

Put me down for the rams since my boy stafford is there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

@ColtsGermany

@Yoshinator

@coltsfanej

@danlhart87

@CR91 

@El Potro 

@crazycolt1 

@runthepost 

@RNGDShobby 

@TomDiggs

@NFLfan 

@Defjamz26 

@PureLuck 

@RollerColt 

@SaturdayAllDay

Can you all chime in if April 2nd works for you all for starting the Gavin mock draft?

Yep. I try to make it work. Which time do we start?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

@ColtsGermany

@Yoshinator

@coltsfanej

@danlhart87

@CR91 

@El Potro 

@crazycolt1 

@runthepost 

@RNGDShobby 

@TomDiggs

@NFLfan 

@Defjamz26 

@PureLuck 

@RollerColt 

@SaturdayAllDay

Can you all chime in if April 2nd works for you all for starting the Gavin mock draft?

Yeah I’m off work all next week so that would be perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsGermany said:

Yep. I try to make it work. Which time do we start?

6 hours ago, Archer said:

Beginning April 2 works fine for me.  We were starting later last year - was it 7 or 8pm EDT?

Last year, we had 7 pm to 10 pm EDT schedule, but guys got busy after 9 pm, so we might have started at 6 PM on later days.

Does 6 PM EDT work fine for the start for everyone, or is that too early? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Last year, we had 7 pm to 10 pm EDT schedule, but guys got busy after 9 pm, so we might have started at 6 PM on later days.

We can keep it at 7 pm to 10 pm ET, just have to let folks know to PM their picks, that is what it is for. Since slots are scheduled (say my Detroit Lions pick at No.29 pick at the 29 * 5 minutes (145th minute with 5 minutes between picks for each Round).

Say folks are quick and my time comes up after 120 minutes (2 hours), I still get till the 145th minute, IMO. Is that how you were planning? That way, you have 1 Round and only 1 Round done during an evening. Everyone gets to evaluate trades, players available etc. before they show up the next day for Round 2. 

We can do Rounds 1 to 4 on April 2nd to April 5th, and then re-evaluate from there about weekend availability.

32 picks each evening with 5 minutes between picks, so 160 minutes tops i.e. 2 hours and 40 minutes done by 9:40 pm ET. PM if you know you are going to be busy when your time comes.

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Is April 2nd evening 6 PM ET okay for everyone? Should it start a little later if most of you're in Central time zone or in West? I don't want it to drag on to late night as well. 

Im good with the 2nd. 6p is better for me but it’ll work with whatever y’all wanna do.  Did we do the Colts draw yet? 

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We can keep it at 7 pm to 10 pm ET, just have to let folks know to PM their picks, that is what it is for. Since slots are scheduled (say my Detroit Lions pick at No.29 pick at the 29 * 5 minutes (145th minute with 5 minutes between picks for each Round).

Say folks are quick and my time comes up after 120 minutes (2 hours), I still get till the 145th minute, IMO. Is that how you were planning? That way, you have 1 Round and only 1 Round done during an evening. Everyone gets to evaluate trades, players available etc. before they show up the next day for Round 2. 

We can do Rounds 1 to 4 on April 2nd to April 5th, and then re-evaluate from there about weekend availability.

32 picks each evening with 5 minutes between picks, so 160 minutes tops i.e. 2 hours and 40 minutes done by 9:40 pm ET. PM if you know you are going to be busy when your time comes.

Yes, we'll keep the 5-minute time slot for each pick, and it will keep me busy with updating picks and trades and slot changes, so even if guys draft fast one after another, we could only go only so much faster. It'll be okay to have 5 minute slot for everyone, and if someone is not available until their slot, we can wait and after that assign BPA, if they'd not sent in their choices via PM. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

Im good with the 2nd. 6p is better for me but it’ll work with whatever y’all wanna do.  Did we do the Colts draw yet? 

I'm busy today and tomorrow I'll reassess the GMs who would like second team, and assign all the remaining teams. Once that's done, next step will be the drawing of Colts GM. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I'm busy today and tomorrow I'll reassess the GMs who would like second team, and assign all the remaining teams. Once that's done, next step will be the drawing of Colts GM. 

Sounds good. I’ll take a second team if you need me. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

April 2nd 6 PM ET is fine with me. I’d prefer it not be any later. If we’re thinking about 3 hours we’d be done at 2 AM here in Denmark. I can do that a few days. 

• Like 1

Sure

as gm of the colts, I’ve agreed to send Sam E to the bears for the 1, number 33 and next years 1. Then I took Marvin jr and traded back 15 to the cardinals for their entire draft

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

2nd works

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Works for me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yes, April 2 is fine with me.

Do we have managers for all the teams?  I'm willing to take on a second team, if we don't.

10 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah, I was trying to remember how Raiders got the Levis pick, I think you were not available at the slot and for another 20 minutes, and people wanted to move on assigning BPA. 

I got the time wrong. I wanted Gonzalez the corner 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

For the record after considering trading up from 9, the Bears are now open to trading down from 9 too... 

If Nabers or MHJ is there at No.9, hands down, as a GM of a non-playoff team (till No.18), I would be trading up to No.9

On 3/26/2024 at 1:51 PM, chad72 said:

I'll be good w whatever we decide as a start as long as i know the date and thew rough time of when i need to be online to make a selection. if i wont be around (example if it falls when i have to put my little ones to bed), then just let me know who to message my preferred list of picks in order to. thanks all and excited to have some fun w this again!