Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Patriots post game reaction

GoColts8818

Just now, SR711 said:

Gotta wonder if that’s Belichick’s way of tanking?

He knows he has no quarterback, and the only way to get one is to secure one of those top picks

I don't see why he would do that willingly, it damages his reputation as a genius coach and he wouldn't be coaching the quarterback who the Pats select with a top 5 pick, his replacement would.

Was not the best game we played but we won and that’s the only result that matters.

Hats off to Pierce on the one really good catch he had (all season) this game lol..

Josh downs is a player and I am really happy he is a part of the team.

Lots to look forward to with this team despite losing our QB so early in the season.

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Was not the best game we played but we won and that’s the only result that matters.

Hats off to Pierce on the one really good catch he had (all season) this game lol..

Josh downs is a player and I am really happy he is a part of the team.

Lots to look forward to with this team despite losing our QB so early in the season.

At least we are playing meaningful football heading down the stretch. With way Texans aee playing I don’t see colts cracking the top 7. I think the top 6 are locks.  Bills and bengals are 8th and 9th seed too. The important thing is just trying  to finish the season strong. Huge game for jets and raiders tonight too. 

20 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Funny how the talking heads talked about Mac Jones success versus Cover 3 defenses but when the Colts D shut him down it was just because he had a bad game……they don’t mention that the Colts played well! 

The Colts defense did exactly what I thought they'd struggle with -- they got consistent pressure with the front four, and kept Mac Jones uncomfortable. That's what the defense is meant to do. Buckner and Dayo were really good in the first half.

Still, the defensive front couldn't stop the run. And I think a better QB probably makes the secondary pay more than Mac did. He's not very good, their OL isn't very good, their receivers aren't very good. Nice game by the defense overall, but I'm not exactly encouraged by this output. I still think there are big problems. Maybe the run defense gets better when Grover comes back.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Somebody posted in one of the pregame threads that most of the German fans were pats fans. Looks like they were right.

BTW I watched the game and they won so I guess I'm not the cursehaha

I believe there's a TV station that used to play one NFL game a week, during the time when the Pats were at the top of the league, so it was often the Pats on TV in Germany. And now there are a lot of Pats fans in Germany. It was technically a Pats home game, so good for them.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

At least we are playing meaningful football heading down the stretch. With way Texans aee playing I don’t see colts cracking the top 7. I think the top 6 are locks.  Bills and bengals are 8th and 9th seed too. The important thing is just trying  to finish the season strong. Huge game for jets and raiders tonight too. 

Going 0-2 against the Browns-Sanits games were brutal. Still not over that Browns game. 6-4 going into the bye would've been great.

• Like 1

Just now, JediXMan said:

Going 0-2 against the Browns-Sanits games were brutal. Still not over that Browns game. 6-4 going into the bye would've been great.

that one was highway robbery too.  Painful.  Rams game was also very winnable…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Especially when both should of been wins. The browns game ten times worse since they had the game won.

When you tally these should-have-been-wins at the end of the season do you also take into account the Baltimore game that was a loss if Speed was correctly called for PI. 

The Colts got one they probably should have lost and then lost the Browns game they should have won. It evens out. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

Well,that is a long story I will tell you.

Once upon a time in a land far away.......

No,for real. I can't tell you why exactly.

My heart decided to be blue and white with a horseshoe on it. 

It was no decision by my head. Just grew into it while watching NFL.

That is a perfectly good reason!!  I’m the same way with Duke and the Lakers in basketball. It was probably Coach K and Magic that drew me in but I’ve been following both teams since elementary school 30 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Every week is a bye week for me until Richardson comes back. It's great that we're fighting but we look and play like a team that will go 8-9 and be forgotten. Hopefully can use some momentum going into next year when our Franchise player comes back.

This is the important thing. Just need to go into next season on a good note.

Ghosts. Would love to see the average time Minshew had before he threw the ball, I was above 5 seconds on at least 7 drop backs. Mobile and elusive in the pocket, Yep, sailing the ball on several throws, Yep. We beat the dreaded Pats! Matt Gay is money even on the one that fell a yard short. How many of the next 7 will we be favored in?

40 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Gotta wonder if that’s Belichick’s way of tanking?

He knows he has no quarterback, and the only way to get one is to secure one of those top picks

I wouldn’t think so. The result was going to be the same either way. But the timing was just not beneficial in any way. 

In their defense, they were hot at him. I’ve seen the video of O’Brien ripping into him, and whatever it was about had to be something they’ve been drilling him with all week not to do or to look for because that was much more than O’Brien explaining what the coverage was. Mac was in hot water, and deep. 

But I don’t see BB getting another season. I’ve never actually believed that today would be the day he got fired for, but Kraft is going to give him the option to go out on his own on the off-season. There will be some kind of parting of the ways in January. 

27 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

maybe he does not trust him to make the catch.

or it could be he isn’t anticipating a receiver coming open and throwing before they break open. In college you can wait for the receiver to get open and throw it, that rarely works in the nfl. Backup qb’s are backups because they don’t have those skills, that’s what the colts have right now.

8 hours ago, jskinnz said:

When you tally these should-have-been-wins at the end of the season do you also take into account the Baltimore game that was a loss if Speed was correctly called for PI. 

The Colts got one they probably should have lost and then lost the Browns game they should have won. It evens out. 

While we did get some bad calls going towards us in the Baltimore game, so did they. The reason why people don't complain about the Baltimore refs is because they were consistently bad with both teams throughout the whole game. Don't forget that Pittman got his helmet completely torn off in OT and it wasn't called. Made the catch like a boss too.

The Browns game on the other hand, they waited until the end and just made sure that we wernt going to win. Is what it is in the end, but I imagine the 1 win will be mentioned for about another 9 weeks, then it'll fade into obscurity.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KB said:

While we did get some bad calls going towards us in the Baltimore game, so did they. The reason why people don't complain about the Baltimore refs is because they were consistently bad with both teams throughout the whole game. Don't forget that Pittman got his helmet completely torn off in OT and it wasn't called. Made the catch like a boss too.

The Browns game on the other hand, they waited until the end and just made sure that we wernt going to win. Is what it is in the end, but I imagine the 1 win will be mentioned for about another 9 weeks, then it'll fade into obscurity.

100% wrong. The reason no one is saying anything about the Ravens game is because the Colts were on the favorable end of the bad call. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

100% wrong. The reason no one is saying anything about the Ravens game is because the Colts were on the favorable end of the bad call. 

Yeah because Pittman having his helmet getting ripped off and us not getting the extra yards we were supposed to get was favorable to us. The 50+ yard FG, that was so.far away because of the missed call, to win the game was them practically handing it to us. 

Those refs missed egregious calls on both teams. They were consistent and fair so its not blown out of proportion. If the refs were crap the whole Browns game nobody would be talking about how we should be 1 more game up. Those bad calls were only on the Colts and they were made just to change the outcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is the important thing. Just need to go into next season on a good note.

We have a number of players that won't be back or that are showing they are not good enough.

And we have a LT, TE and slot that are showing higher caliber traits. Buckner, Moore and Pittman stand out. Not much else.

1 minute ago, KB said:

Yeah because Pittman having his helmet getting ripped off and us not getting the extra yards we were supposed to get was favorable to us. The 50+ yard FG, that was so.far away because of the missed call, to win the game was them practically handing it to us. 

Those refs missed egregious calls on both teams. They were consistent and fair so its not blown out of proportion. If the refs were crap the whole Browns game nobody would be talking about how we should be 1 more game up. Those bad calls were only on the Colts and they were made just to change the outcome.

I agree 100%, we got 1 call = the non-hold. They got away with a lot all game as a well. The Ravens also had a chance to win it in regulation with arguably the best K of all-time and missed. That game and the Browns game is not close. Browns were given the game, if anyone can't see that, I don't know what to tell them. We got a break but nothing like the Browns got.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Superman said:

I believe there's a TV station that used to play one NFL game a week, during the time when the Pats were at the top of the league, so it was often the Pats on TV in Germany. And now there are a lot of Pats fans in Germany. It was technically a Pats home game, so good for them.

Oh ok. I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info👍

12 hours ago, Superman said:

Yeah, I thought for sure we were playing in Germany, Massachusetts yesterday. They even played that annoying Tugboat sound!chuckling homer simpson GIF

22 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

they have the best qb in our division

I wouldn't say that until Stroud wins the division & a playoff game like Lawrence did last season, and when he's on the field and able to play, AR is special - a linebacker's size with a rocket arm and sprinter's speed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Does anyone think Minshew seeing ghosts and scrambling when there is no pressure is because of all the fumbles he has had in the previous games.

I think Bill's defense just happens to do that to guys from time to time.

• Like 2