Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Patriots post game reaction

GoColts8818

Ugly game.  They sure miss Grover. Tackling was terrible. Minshew gets happy feet when he has perfect protection.  My biggest knock on him is a lack of pocket awareness.  He kept NE in the game. Hate to say it but the running game looked better with Moss. I don’t think running from shotgun fits Taylor’s style the best. I don’t care how many assists Leonard had he looked terrible. 

I wonder if I’m the only one who noticed the NFL Network playing the German heavy metal band, Helloween, on the way out to a commercial. 🤘😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The Good

• Dayo and Buck made some plays in the first half.
  • Lewis and Paye both had sacks.
  • Blackmon and Thomas with a pick each.
  • Pittman did well today I think.
  • Downs had a huge grab on limited snaps.
  • Pierce also had a good catch.
  • Granson had a good block on JT's TD.
  • I think the Oline did well overall. Minshew's jitteriness make them look bad when they aren't.

The Bad

• MinPoo. Just yuk.
  • We have no offense when the opponents shut down our run game.
    • I know we're paying JT, but I'd like to see more Moss. He just does some things JT doesn't, like bounce around the tackles when there's no gap.
  • Run defense. What run defense...
  • Leonard got juked on a few plays. Bad game from him no doubt. He'll likely get jabbed at the rest of the season lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Had to watch the NFL Network broadcast and it was so sickening to have to listen to pro pats announcing

I think the former Pat, McCourty was less pro pats than Eisen was.  For the most part McCourty called it down the middle and had good analysis I thought.  Eisen was openly cheering for the Pats when he wasn’t trying to be funny.

• Like 2

Defense won the day. Huge interceptions and pressure from Lewis and Dayo. Congrats to those guys on playing their * off. 

Downs made heroic plays and Pittman showed up as well. 

Another learning experience for coach but he won while learning so cheers to that! In honor of Germany I’m toasting the Colts with a Dunkel!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Had to watch the NFL Network broadcast and it was so sickening to have to listen to pro pats announcing

13 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Watching the postgame.  I’m not sure they knew the Colts were in that game. 

only talking about the Pats.  

We need to start winning - only way to shut them up or talk about the Colts!

• Like 1

Good:

Pass defense (an assist needs to go the Pats QBs being just awful)

Buckner feasted

The pass rush

Taylor

the receivers 

Oline

Matt Gay

Bend but don’t break defense

Shane made good decisions

Bad:

The run defense, this team needs Grover back badly

Minshew, he panics way too much in the pocket and scrambles around too much, trust your line.

Not a great day for the linebackers as a whole but that also had to do with Pats oline just owning the Colts d line on run downs.  
They have to figure out a way to get this offense jump started when teams sit on the run.  
Tackling was again sub par.

• Like 1

While it's nice to beat the Pats, this was a terrible game by both teams. Minshew has officially been exposed to be a backup QB. As good as the rest of the team looks, he's going to be what ultimately holds us back Vs good teams. Dayo looked amazing. 3 sacks in a fantastic game for him. Proud of him. Defense played well again. We need to use Moss as well. 1 carry was criminal for him. 

We can't get AR back quick enough. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Any day you beat the Pats is a good day even if it was ugly as sin.  This is how you have to win with backup.  I’ll Say I’d rather be the Colts with Gardner starting as a backup than the Pats with Mac Jones as their starter.

I wonder if Mac Jones hasn’t just played his final game as the Pats’ QB1.

• Like 1

My notes:

Thumbs up - Gay, Buckner, Dayo, Pierce, Downs, Pittman, McKenzie, Taylor

Thumbs down - Minshew, Leonard

#53 looks old and slow.  Sorry to say.

Minshew seems scared.  Throws bad passes when easy yards are there with his legs.

Not sure what happened with the DL in the second half.

Pay Pittman

Downs is money

Pierce was open a good bit

Taylor was just a workhorse

A win on the road (Germany) after the travel they had to do, and with a NE crowd is nothing to take for granted.

Interesting rest of the season coming up.  

• Like 1

Good:

-Lots of QB pressure from just about everyone lol. Lewis, Dayo, etc… all got some

-It will stick out because it was for a 1st down, but Jones was excellent again. The eye test says that was the only catch he surrendered in single coverage

Bad:

-Minshew was awful. This game is almost as bad as the Jags game from him

-Run defense was atrocious

-This is the worst tackling performance I’ve seen from this team. They have zero clue on how to square up and tackle in space

-Bradley should be fired now. wth was that  play late in the 4th where he had no defensive lineman lined up in the middle of the line??
-Granson was not good today

-Pittman continues to rack up yards buts it’s all underneath routes and screens

-Run game was abysmal

-Pierce with his usual 2 catch and then disappears

I could go on but this may be the worst game the Colts played this year. 10 points is pathetic. But once again, the biggest takeaway for me is how badly this team needs a vertical threat. The passing offense is awful.

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Although we suck lol only then Bengals is a sure loss.. levis and Stroud will join us back on earth. Bucs ain't nothing scary. Vegas sucks. Atlanta sucks

Oh Steelers.. it's destiny for the Steelers to beat us .. I've been a fan of Indy since 2004 I've seen us beat Steelers.. twice.. twice in 20 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Although we suck lol only then Bengals is a sure loss.. levis and Stroud will join us back on earth. Bucs ain't nothing scary. Vegas sucks. Atlanta sucks

Vegas getting some mojo back with their sideline changes. Bucs can go either way at any game, they show flashes of chemistry. Atlanta is pretty shaky but remember we have a way of making shaky teams look good lol. 

I put all remaining hype for the season into this game today and they won. Now any win after this for me would be a bonus but I’m definitely not expecting it lol