Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Patriots: end of the rivalry?

John Waylon

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would almost take Penix if he's there just for insurance. Take a Corner in round 2, an edge in round 3. I do believe in AR but having someone like Penix there or even Nix would ease my mind if AR got injured again. I think both those QB's will be better than Mustache. 

To follow this up, remember when the Redskins took RG3 at #2, they also took Cousins in that same draft for insurance. You can never go wrong with 2 good QB's. 

@craigerb, why is that confusing? RG3 ended up getting injured 2 or 3 different times. Cousins ended up taking over and led them to playoffs and has had a long good career. Not much to be confused about. You clearly need a QB to win in this league. What if AR does get injured again next year, then we will suck. As a fan who wants to go through that?? Mustache is just good enough to win us some games but is an average starter.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@craigerb, why is that confusing? RG3 ended up getting injured 2 or 3 different times. Cousins ended up taking over and led them to playoffs and has had a long good career. Not much to be confused about. You clearly need a QB to win in this league. What if AR does get injured again next year, then we will suck. As a fan who wants to go through that?? Mustache is just good enough to win us some games but is an average starter.

I have no doubt that the very same discussion is happening in the Colts front office right now.  

I believe in AR and want him to succeed.   But this is a QB rich draft, maybe one of the best ever.  And we really don’t know if AR can stay healthy.  

Of course, the down side is there will be a QB controversy.   But that also means great competition.  

The bigger issue is that we have so many other spots that need addressed, we can’t afford a luxury pick.  

• Like 2

Just now, Smonroe said:

I have no doubt that the very same discussion is happening in the Colts front office right now.  

I believe in AR and want him to succeed.   But this is a QB rich draft, maybe one of the best ever.  And we really don’t know if AR can stay healthy.  

Of course, the down side is there will be a QB controversy.   But that also means great competition.  

The bigger issue is that we have so many other spots that need addressed, we can’t afford a luxury pick.  

I think this upcoming QB draft is no better than last year's and is a bit over hyped. A healthy AR , Stroud and it look old like Levis are all going to be very good. Bryce will eventually be decent too.

10 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Rivalry was only legit with Brady (mainly v Manning, then a bit with Luck though barely enough). Clearly nothing burger since he left. 

Luck was 0-6 vs Brady, no rivalry there. :)  I was hoping for the turnaround because Peyton was 0-5 or something before his first win and then it ended 11-5 in Brady's favor vs Peyton as a Colt, if I remember right, evening out once Peyton started winning vs Belichick's D.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It is definitely a discussion that needs to be happening. I am huge supporter of AR but nothing wrong with having insurance at the position. 

• Like 1

Most Patriots' fans will say it isn't rivalry, but they are lying just to be arrogant. I will tell you why, they are still sour about Deflategate because that questions a SB win they had in 2014. The Ravens said they deflated balls and they barely beat the Ravens that year. They actually may have lost to the Ravens had they not deflated balls. Brady got suspended for 4 games because of what happened. If the deflate accusation would have been nothing, the NFL would have never suspended him. Them beating us 45-7 has nothing to do with the situation. 

Also anyone that is older than 50 will tell you this is a rivalry. People younger than 50 must not know 80's football. Learn your history youngins' chuckling homer simpson GIF

Personally - I will ALWAYS hate the Patriots - as long as Bill Belichick is the head coach.

I hate them because of the rivalry between Peyton Manning and Tom Brady - and - I hate them because I am also a Miami Dolphins fan.

However - since both Peyton and Brady have retired - the "rivalry" aspect between the Colts & Patriots is far removed from what it once was.

That being said:  POUND THE PATRIOTS!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KB said:

Rumors are swirling around saying Kraft is ready for the full reset. Now these are just rumors, but with the downward trend the Patriots have has since Bradys departure its not that unbelievable. Firing him after a Colts loss would be poetic justice.

Unless BB turns video and pictures of Kraft going in and out of another "massage parlor" to the authorities, Kraft won't fire him in season .

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I think this upcoming QB draft is no better than last year's and is a bit over hyped. A healthy AR , Stroud and it look old like Levis are all going to be very good. Bryce will eventually be decent too.

I have to disagree.  If you look at the top 10 QBs projected to be drafted this year, I'm not sure the four last year would be at the top half of that list.  Pretty sure that Williams would have been the first pick this year.  Daniels is amazing and moving up the boards.  

Of course, by Combine time the pundits will have had time to look at every frame of footage, measure their hands, time their releases, etc., and perceptions could change.  I think the eye test is more important that physical measurables and stats.  Not just for QBs, but for all players.  It seems that "Are they good at football" is becoming less and less important when evaluating these guys.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2023 at 4:53 PM, John Waylon said:

I wish deflategate had meant more, but they could have played that game with bowling balls and the result would have been the same. But still, it was yet another example of some of the shenanigans going on with that team.

The reason deflategate was important, was it happened between NE and Baltimore, not the Colts.   NE used easier to catch “softer” balls in the Ravens game. The Ravens couldn’t catch balls in that weather, but somehow NE could? So the Ravens warned the Colts to watch for it.

Here’s the important part- had Baltimore hung on and beaten NE- (the Ravens were ahead until some ‘miracle catches’) the Championship game would have been the Ravens coming to Indy!   The Colts would have been the Home Team.

8 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Belichek will win this one, appears to have our number.  Besides, unless our defense step up again, b/c I just don't have the confidence in Minshew to pull this one out.

Patriots are #2 Defense against the run- our only strength. Weather supposed to be a high of 45 and showers.  And Colts Passing Game is lacking…..

I Hate NE!  But I don’t exactly have high hopes for my Colts this weekend….

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 8:59 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@craigerb, why is that confusing? RG3 ended up getting injured 2 or 3 different times. Cousins ended up taking over and led them to playoffs and has had a long good career. Not much to be confused about.

Oh, but there is. This is a thread about Colts / Pats rivalry.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Read the whole thread. Someone brought up that the Pats might be tanking for a QB. That is why the QB talk started. 

What other QBs other than Caleb Willams are going to be in the draft. With the Panthers and Bears being miserable at least they won’t get him lol.

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

What other QBs other than Caleb Willams are going to be in the draft. With the Panthers and Bears being miserable at least they won’t get him lol.

Maye, Nix, Penix just off the top of my head. I think we will see a lot of QBs go in the top 10/15. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

One is in Ky the other in Germany.  LOL  

One is in Indiana, as well. 15 miles SE of Lafayette.

The joke is- how do you pronounce the Capitol of Ky- Lewisville, Louieville , or Luaville?

Frankfort…..

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

The joke is- how do you pronounce the Capitol of Ky- Lewisville, Louieville , or Luaville?

Frankfort…..

Down here in Inditucky, we pronounce it Loo-wah-vull... 

And Versailles is Ver-sails... 

And Milan is Migh-lan...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Frankfort…..

Sadly, as a southern Indiana guy from a small town with German roots all of them are pronounced furt, even though they were probably named after a fort that was built there.

• Like 1