Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Browns post game reactions

GoColts8818

Positives:   

Offense put up 38 points in the number one defense in the NFL.

Taylor looks to be regaining his form.

Kenny Moore played a great game.

the return of down the field passes in the Colts offense.

Negatives:

you can’t turn the ball over four times and have a blocked field goal and win.

Questionable calls aside the Colts remain way too undisciplined and commit way too many penalties

The play calling at the end of the half that gave the ball back to the Browns that let them get a cheap three that ended up being the difference in the game.

Way too much cushion on the WRs in crunch time, stop me if you’ve heard that one before.

Missed Grover on that TD play at the end.

• Like 6

I just can’t get over that illegal contact call. Because the receiver cuts which baker pretty much just falls down and the WR was wide open. Baker didn’t affect his route at all. If there wasn’t pressure that would of been an easy td pass. 

otherwise no blame on the team for this loss the offense put up 38 points. Which is more than you can expect with a backup QB. The defense played very well but our CB group is bad with Flowers and Brents hurt which looked like he may go to IR. I thought Jaylon Jones did well but we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. 

• Like 3

We will get the standard

Just now, tweezy32 said:

Besides the refs being terrible.. why in the world did we call timeout and not save our timeouts? Terrible decisions to call timeouts. We would have been able to throw it multiplie times better play calls if we saved them

We were leading at that point. Wanted to get into the correct formation and prevent the TD vs a back-up QB rather than needing to kick a long FG. Gamble didn't pay off unfortunately. 

• Like 2

Officiating was bad BUT that defense gave up a 30 and 17 yd pass play plus a couple of more WIDE open middle of the field pass plays on that game winning drive by the Browns!! Gus's defense STINKS!!!!! Made Walker look like Montana on that last drive BEFORE the penalties!!!! Why is Baker still on this roster anyway?

• Like 2

Makes me want to puke.  I love the colts, really the whole nfl, but the officials are killing my love for the game.  It's pathetic.  It wasn't just the final drvie, it was the whole game.  nonsense holding calls on our offense.  This one I'm not sure about, but isn't leaping over the center on a field goal illegal?  And it wasn't much but I even think his foot touched the center.  They gave that game to the Browns in every way they could.  When is the billion dollar industry known as the NFL, going to pay for full time refs?  These dudes are a joke and ruining the game

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Besides the refs being terrible.. why in the world did we call timeout and not save our timeouts? Terrible decisions to call timeouts. We would have been able to throw it multiplie times better play calls if we saved them

To give the Defense a breather and see what formation the offense was gonna be in. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kyle said:

Makes me want to puke.  I love the colts, really the whole nfl, but the officials are killing my love for the game.  It's pathetic.  It wasn't just the final drvie, it was the whole game.  nonsense holding calls on our offense.  This one I'm not sure about, but isn't leaping over the center on a field goal illegal?  And it wasn't much but I even think his foot touched the center.  They gave that game to the Browns in every way they could.  When is the billion dollar industry known as the NFL, going to pay for full time refs?  These dudes are a joke and ruining the game

You can leap as long as you don’t touch anyone.  It was in vogue a few years ago and teams just trained their lineman to out a hand up so the guy jumping over touched them and it was flag so teams stopped doing it.  Credit Bubba for drawing that up, man I hate to be the team that let him get away.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You can’t give up 17 points off turnovers and expect to win. Then refs need investigated for that garbage ending. But the pass defense was pathetic.

And score zero on the ones you forced.

• Like 1

The Good

• JT had a great game. Moss had a good one too. 
  • Downs just produces. Pierce had a good game too. Pittman with that big TD!
  • 473 yards and 38 points on the #1 defense. 

The Bad

• Minshew with 4 turnovers. Needs to stop this. Like yesterday. 
  • Baker has no place on any team in football. Get him out. 
  • The refs decided we shouldn’t win this game. 
  • Bradley’s prevent defense SUCKS. 
  • Penalties on the Oline need to be gone. They ended multiple drives. 
  • Like 5

# these refs. I’m so tired of refs * up games and deciding it. 

Jerry * Rice couldn’t have caught that last ball. % was uncatchable and these refs completely #ed us. 

Taunting on Pittman for a peace sign that Hill does all the time? Illegal contact after Cooper PUSHED Baker down? 

I’ll take the slap on the wrist for the language, but I don’t even care. I’m BEYOND sick of this %. 

• Like 9

Just now, Solid84 said:

The Good

• JT had a great game. Moss had a good one too. 
  • Downs just produces. Pierce had a good game too. Pittman with that big TD!
  • 473 yards and 38 points on the #1 defense. 

The Bad

• Minshew with 4 turnovers. Needs to stop this. Like yesterday. 
  • Baker has no place on any team in football. Get him out. 
  • The refs decided we shouldn’t win this game. 
  • Bradley’s prevent defense SUCKS. 
  • Penalties on the Oline need to be gone. They ended multiple drives. 

can almost say 473 yards is bad. we really only had that many yards because we had to march down repeatedly instead of close games out due to turnovers.

thats why stats are so misleading. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

MPJ needs extended now. Yeah he is a low #1 high #2 but he is good. 

I completely disagree.   I think Pittman is lazy and disappears for 3/4 of every game.  We need 2 new WRs to pair with Josh Downs next year

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You can’t give up 17 points off turnovers and expect to win. Then refs need investigated for that garbage ending. But the pass defense was pathetic.

Not only our turnovers but we dropped two of there's.. and then got called on a "flag" for another lol we could've had 3.

But all in all I'm fine. I didn't expect a win. And our season ended in the 2nd quarter against Tennessee IMHO.

• Like 3

Hey ALL - Unfortunately I missed the game today due to a birthday party for my nephew but will watch it later.  After looking at the stats, how the HECK did we lose? We dominated total yards, passing yards, edged them out in rushing yards, had more first downs, dominated 3rd down conversion %, and had more time of possession. Also, looks like in the surface Minshew had a good game, over 300 yards, 2 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and on 1 pick.  What an I missing? How did we lose?? How did the Browns score so many points with so little offense? It may be obvious to those who saw the game, but I missed it unfortunately.  

• Like 1

Just now, kymd82222 said:

Hey ALL - Unfortunately I missed the game today due to a birthday party for my nephew but will watch it later.  After looking at the stats, how the HECK did we lose? We dominated total yards, passing yards, edged them out in rushing yards, had more first downs, dominated 3rd down conversion %, and had more time of possession. Also, looks like in the surface Minshew had a good game, over 300 yards, 2 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and on 1 pick.  What an I missing? How did we lose?? How did the Browns score so many points with so little offense? It may be obvious to those who saw the game, but I missed it unfortunately.  

Turnovers and the refs.

Just now, Kyle said:

I completely disagree.   I think Pittman is lazy and disappears for 3/4 of every game.  We need 2 new WRs to pair with Josh Downs next year

You not watching same game as me. On most of the TDs Pittman was involved some how. Either lead the block or caught one. Pitt is always involved. Watch the Colts play next time.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Not only our turnovers but we dropped two of there's.. and then got called on a "flag" for another lol we could've had 3.

But all in all I'm fine. I didn't expect a win. And our season ended in the 2nd quarter against Tennessee IMHO.

Yep written off early again. I'd love to watch meaningful football in November, December 

• Thanks 1