Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sunday vs Tennessee

indyagent17

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I would not worry about that too much. All fans accuse other fans of cockiness. The folks here are pretty civil.

It's all good.  titans report is a mad house, you will hear all kinds of stuff there and civil is the last word I would use to describe it if any of you visit. Appreciation of dark humor and thick skin is a must, short of racism you almost can't be banned. 

I just thought it was funny that's what he took away considering the meltdown the place has been in. Idk about go titans our other forum. 

A couple of weeks ago some friends of mine played the Ryman Auditorium. Before the show I went over to Broadway to Roberts. I was wearing my Richardson jersey, and suffice to say many of the Titans fans I encountered couldn’t help but say something. They were definitely shook by the 5 in their back yard. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Their DL destroyed Cincy.  Few teams can run on them.  Out OL on their DL is a mismatch.  

JT coming back helps.  

TN is getting their RT and third WR back.  

We lost a starting CB.  

It should be a good measuring stick for this roster.  

Burrow is playing on 1 leg. Let's see how their D.Line does against a healthy QB that can run.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Burrow is playing on 1 leg. Let's see how their D.Line does against a healthy QB that can run.

Agree with you but hopefully Indy will be getting back Raimann and Kelly. Them being out last Sunday made a huge difference. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Callidus said:

It's all good.  titans report is a mad house, you will hear all kinds of stuff there and civil is the last word I would use to describe it if any of you visit. Appreciation of dark humor and thick skin is a must, short of racism you almost can't be banned. 

I just thought it was funny that's what he took away considering the meltdown the place has been in. Idk about go titans our other forum. 

Thanks for letting me know. I won't be checking it out. We don't want that here.

Will Tannehill be the starter this coming week? I wonder when Levis will start. He was popular here before the draft.

Steichen said that there is a chance Taylor could play this week. He will start practice tomorrow but has yet to be activated. The team has 21 days to activate him, so it might not happen right away. Steichen also said that Taylor is excited to be back. 

Does this mean that he wants to stay with the Colts despite asking to be traded? I don't know what is going on and am hoping that the situation can be worked out. 

On 10/2/2023 at 10:47 AM, indyagent17 said:

This is a big game we need to win these home division games. I hope our secondary plays better 

I pick the Colts to win 24-20

Secondary will not need to do much as Tannehill sucks. I expect a low scoring slug  fest and it will come down the the trenchees. Need the Oline to be healthy. I think the Colts should win but could go any way

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks for letting me know. I won't be checking it out. We don't want that here.

Will Tannehill be the starter this coming week? I wonder when Levis will start. He was popular here before the draft.

Tannehill is the starter without question. He has been up and down but he is still miles better than Levis or Willis.

Willis looked better than last year in pre season but better than the worst QB I have ever seen still isnt playable. 

Levis looked meh in his only preseason game, he was hurt for the other two and current vrable has him as the emergency QB which I think has more to do with seniority not actual ability.

Edit: he clearly looked better in camp than Willis after the first week but again that is practice and a bar 3 inches below ground he was toping

Unless we are eliminated from the playoffs or tannehill gets hurt I seriously doubt he benches him. 

On 10/3/2023 at 5:30 AM, BProland85 said:

Agree with you but hopefully Indy will be getting back Raimann and Kelly. Them being out last Sunday made a huge difference. 

Simmons is going to be a huge problem, and you know Autry will be ready to make us pay again.  One thing TN does well is stop the run.  They have had big success with JT, and I don't see Richardson doing much on the ground.  They are going to play a lot of zone and make him beat them from the pocket.  

I just hope their new OL misses this week again.  Another Attack vector for the interior DL to stop Henry.  

32 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

Simmons is going to be a huge problem, and you know Autry will be ready to make us pay again.  One thing TN does well is stop the run.  They have had big success with JT, and I don't see Richardson doing much on the ground.  They are going to play a lot of zone and make him beat them from the pocket.  

I just hope their new OL misses this week again.  Another Attack vector for the interior DL to stop Henry.  

Skronski just came back to practice, I doubt he plays I could be wrong though. Radunz has been solid in his absence though. Our real problem is at left tackle and center. The right side of the line has been fine. Dillard is on pace for 29 sacks surrender this year so attacking our left tackle is your best bet lol

Very concerned about our injuries now with 3 starting OL and 2 starting DL plus a sub on injury report. One starting corner gone for the season. Hard to get cohesion on the OL with 3 guys not practicing. See Leonard is hurt. May be best as Henry may run over him and he could really get hurt. 

Hoping OL and DL are ready for this game. If so Colts 24-17 winners.

I watched the Titans games this year and they did not impress me because of Tannehill. All their home games were wins and all their losses were away.  Gud Bradley does not have a better DL scheme and coverage on D'Andre Hopkins we will have a tough game. As for our offense we will give them fits with a AR and our TE's.  Josh should do well as most their losses came from short intermediate passes. AR RPO will give Autry and Simmons fit and basically neutralize their LBs. This should be a good game for Pittman and Pierce because their safeties will play closer to the line of scrimmage. If JT plays and Steichen uses him for screen plays and Zach between the tackles. Colt wins this Sunday. 24-17

23 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Once again the Vegas line has flipped.

Colts opened as -1 1/2 point favorites.

Now +1 underdogs... at home. 

The point spread keeps dropping like a rock against the Colts.

...as of Thursday morning:  Colts +2 1/2  (home underdogs)

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 3:33 PM, AustexColt said:

I watched the Titans games this year and they did not impress me because of Tannehill. All their home games were wins and all their losses were away.  Gud Bradley does not have a better DL scheme and coverage on D'Andre Hopkins we will have a tough game. As for our offense we will give them fits with a AR and our TE's.  Josh should do well as most their losses came from short intermediate passes. AR RPO will give Autry and Simmons fit and basically neutralize their LBs. This should be a good game for Pittman and Pierce because their safeties will play closer to the line of scrimmage. If JT plays and Steichen uses him for screen plays and Zach between the tackles. Colt wins this Sunday. 24-17

Tell me about their DL if you watched.  Because I have and they have been dominant.  Tannehill has played bad in two games and well in two others.  

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

To me it depends on what the team does with it.  If they were to win a Super Bowl or two I doubt anyone care what QB you compared Richardson’s career too. 

well its a good comparison i think, maybe the best one of recent memory. 

Cam ended with about 30k passing yards, almost 200 passing tds, and like 5k rushing yards

just wondering if you guys think that would be a good "acceptable" career for AR

• Like 1

FWIW: My Uncle called me earlier this morning, he lives in Kentucky and is a huge Titans fan. He has been a Titans fan since 1999 so he remembers their SB run (watched it) and losing to the Rams when they had McNair and George. This is the 1st time since we had Rivers that he is scared of our team going back to 2020. He thinks AR will eat them alive by throwing short, especially using the TE's. He also says it will be setup to do so easily because all AR has to do is bust off a couple of big runs and it will open everything up for us. He can't stand Tannehill and wants Levis to play, he told me the Titans are not going anywhere with Tannehill. He gave up on Tannehill after last year. He knows more Titans football than anyone in here including me, he has followed them from the 1999 season to now and has rarely missed watching a game. He thinks we will win, I asked him to give me a score, and he has it at 24-17 by a TD. He told me the only chance the Titans have is, if Henry has a big game and the Titans can get up early to control the clock, otherwise if they are playing from behind, he told me the Titans will be in big trouble and won't score much. He watched the whole Cincy at Titans game last week and was happy with the win but told me that Burrow didn't look right at all, he had 0 mobility and looked like he was playing on 1 leg at times. Only players he really likes on the Titans is Simmons, Autry, and Henry, he also likes Vrabel as his coach. He thinks Levis should be in there and told me Tannehill has ruined this core's chances to win the SB.  He keeps bringing up 2021 when the Titans were a 1 seed and Cincy went into Tennessee and won - he was at that game by the way. 

Thought I would post this since I talked to a diehard Titans fan this morning. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

FWIW: My Uncle called me earlier this morning, he lives in Kentucky and is a huge Titans fan. He has been a Titans fan since 1999 so he remembers their SB run (watched it) and losing to the Rams when they had McNair and George. This is the 1st time since we had Rivers that he is scared of our team going back to 2020. He thinks AR will eat them alive by throwing short, especially using the TE's. He also says it will be setup to do so easily because all AR has to do is bust off a couple of big runs and it will open everything up for us. He can't stand Tannehill and wants Levis to play, he told me the Titans are not going anywhere with Tannehill. He gave up on Tannehill after last year. He knows more Titans football than anyone in here including me, he has followed them from the 1999 season to now and has rarely missed watching a game. He thinks we will win, I asked him to give me a score, and he has it at 24-17 by a TD. He told me the only chance the Titans have is, if Henry has a big game and the Titans can get up early to control the clock, otherwise if they are playing from behind, he told me the Titans will be in big trouble and won't score much. He watched the whole Cincy at Titans game last week and was happy with the win but told me that Burrow didn't look right at all, he had 0 mobility and looked like he was playing on 1 leg at times. Only players he really likes on the Titans is Simmons, Autry, and Henry, he also likes Vrabel as his coach. He thinks Levis should be in there and told me Tannehill has ruined this core's chances to win the SB.  He keeps bringing up 2021 when the Titans were a 1 seed and Cincy went into Tennessee and won - he was at that game by the way. 

Thought I would post this since I talked to a diehard Titans fan this morning. 

when your team is centered around a RB, the window to win is always small now a days. 

and if the QB can't throw people just crowd the box and play man on the outside. 

titans definitely seem like they are on the decline

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKB said:

when your team is centered around a RB, the window to win is always small now a days. 

and if the QB can't throw people just crowd the box and play man on the outside. 

titans definitely seem like they are on the decline

Yeah their window is closed IMO, they got the best years out of Henry and came up short. They are still a team that can't be taken lightly, and they could even win the division because it may only take 9 or 10 wins but as far as winning the SB, their best chance was from 2019-2021. A QB like a Tannehill could win a SB because we have seen it with Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Nick Foles but all those teams had great defenses. Tennessee has a good defense but when it comes to playing teams like the Chiefs and Bills, and Cincy the last 2 years, good doesn't cut it, you have to be great. If AR develops into a good QB, we can win a SB even with Taylor here, but our defense has to be great to do so.

If all of our injured players are able to play - I predict a win.

If not - iffy - but - possible.

I'll take the crowd at LOS plus Gus Bradley "bringing the heat" on Ryan Tannehill to help keep the Titans in check.

Colts win - doesn't matter the score - a win is a win is a wind!!

TAME THE TITANS!!