Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most affordable and LEGAL way to watch Colts games for out of market fans

kymd82222

I recently moved from Indiana to Colorado, and I still want to be able to watch Colts games.  Some other pertinent info is that I have "cut the cord" and do not have cable.  Are there any legal streaming options that are cheaper than NFL Sunday Ticket? I would rather not pay almost $400 if I don't have to. I'll pay it if I have to, but I'm hoping there's something a little cheaper.  Keep in mind that I only care about watching Colts games and I do not need access to every single NFL game that's played each week.  I don't know if that fact will allow me to find cheaper options or not.  Anyway, I appreciate any help.  Please only provide legit and legal options to stream Colts games, as I do not want the thread to get locked.  

Here are four LEGAL items:

Firestick (around $50) with the following apps

Paramount Plus App (between $5-12/ month)

Fox app - free

VPN -  anywhere from free to $5/month. Make sure it has the right locations.

I’m reiterating, these are all legal.  Do your research.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kymd82222 said:

I recently moved from Indiana to Colorado, and I still want to be able to watch Colts games.  Some other pertinent info is that I have "cut the cord" and do not have cable.  Are there any legal streaming options that are cheaper than NFL Sunday Ticket? I would rather not pay almost $400 if I don't have to. I'll pay it if I have to, but I'm hoping there's something a little cheaper.  Keep in mind that I only care about watching Colts games and I do not need access to every single NFL game that's played each week.  I don't know if that fact will allow me to find cheaper options or not.  Anyway, I appreciate any help.  Please only provide legit and legal options to stream Colts games, as I do not want the thread to get locked.  

Depends do you have a kid in school or something? If so, Sunday Ticket does have a discount, https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/13770167 for them that knocks it to 100 or so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Depends do you have a kid in school or something? If so, Sunday Ticket does have a discount, https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/13770167 for them that knocks it to 100 or so

That appears to be for kids 18+ taking colled courses, FYI.  I got excited for a moment because i have three kids....but they ain't in college!!

I cut the cord as well. Honestly, I'll probably just watch highlights on the YouTube channel the next day. It's probably a good thing I won't be able to watch the games, I can spend more time with my little ones while they're little. Everything is just too expensive these days. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m a sports bar guy too,  and I don’t even drink!

Here on the west coast, most Colts games start at 10a.   So I try to have breakfast around halftime.   Roughly 11:15.   And I get steak and eggs.   That always gets a great reaction from others at the bar! 

The game ends at roughly 1p and I’m home by 1:30.    Life is good, especially if the Colts win!   Or, this year, if AR looks improved!    

Had a buddy living in Hawaii for years. He'd get up at 7 to watch the games, and then have the rest of the day to do anything else he wanted. Not gonna lie, I was jealous in more ways than one of him!

• Like 2

We’re getting our live TV streamed through YouTube TV so we can have the NFL Sunday Ticket.  However, one caveat is that they black out live games that are on the local networks (the in-market games) on both the Sunday ticket and the live TV feed.  So, I think I will be able to stream those games as soon as they’re over.  That’s how it worked for in-market games during the pre-season, anyway.

Its probably go to a bar.  Places that are open sunday and showing games usually have some kind of drink special

I used to do this in indy when i lived in a place with a couple room mates who didnt watch tv and the only one in the house was small and got bad reception.  

15 hours ago, kymd82222 said:

go to buffalo wild wings

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

Thanks for the ideas guys.  I already have a VPN, so I'm probably going to set that to the Indianapolis market, pay for NFL+, and then I'll be able to stream live Colts games from NFL plus using the VPN.  Thanks for the ideas and all of the help!

I have NFL+ subscription.

Be advised, it does not work the way you mention above.

NFL+ gives you access to every game and every team on replay. regardless of "market"

the only "live" games it allows one to watch are "primetime". So Thursday Night / Sunday Night / Monday Night are available live on phone or tablet only (cannot watch live primetime games on smart tvs or Roku etc)

Since this year, the Colts do not play any games in primetime, NFL plus will not work, if you want to watch live.

However, as soon as the Sunday afternoon games are finished, NFL+ subscription allows one to watch complete games on replay. (these replays are able to be watched on tv, Roku etc)

So, for example, if this week you want to watch Jags at Colts (1:00 pm EDT). NFL+ subscribers will have the entire game available to watch around 4:00 pm EDT and any time thereafter

On 9/4/2023 at 8:25 PM, esmort said:

Sports bar, sip one drink per half 😉

On 9/4/2023 at 9:08 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I’m a sports bar guy too,  and I don’t even drink!

Here on the west coast, most Colts games start at 10a.   So I try to have breakfast around halftime.   Roughly 11:15.   And I get steak and eggs.   That always gets a great reaction from others at the bar! 

The game ends at roughly 1p and I’m home by 1:30.    Life is good, especially if the Colts win!   Or, this year, if AR looks improved!    

Usually if I go out to watch, I go to local restaurant that has pretty good fried catfish. I try to time for them to serve my lunch around 1:30....and my granddaughter and I eat slowly with refills of coke and diet coke. Lol

Sometimes if we want something different we'll go to a chain like Duffys for juicy burgers and fries or chicken wings/tenders. 

But to those that want to stay home Red Zone is good.....especially if your team is playing the 4:00 window because usually there are a lot less late games than early games and you'll see your team more. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 5:14 PM, Smonroe said:

Here are four LEGAL items:

Firestick (around $50) with the following apps

Paramount Plus App (between $5-12/ month)

Fox app - free

VPN -  anywhere from free to $5/month. Make sure it has the right locations.

I’m reiterating, these are all legal.  Do your research.  

This is the optimal way in terms of cost and if  you aren't a college/university student (or if you have a kid that is one).

On 9/5/2023 at 5:04 AM, Zoltan said:

I wish I knew about this student plan before I paid full price

I think if you contact YT support, they can help change you to the Student Plan.

• Thanks 1

I have Uverse and they can't come to agreement with Nexstar. Fox and CBS are currently not available. That is what most the games are on. They are about to lose half their customers, tons of people are mad about it. A bunch of greedy millionaires fighting over 2 channels. Angry Homer Simpson GIF by FOX TV. If they don't come to an agreement by Friday, I am canceling Uverse and going to Xfinity. I guess they have received 1000's of calls regarding this. Homie isn't playing that game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have Uverse and they can't come to agreement with Nexstar. Fox and CBS are currently not available. That is what most the games are on. They are about to lose half their customers, tons of people are mad about it. A bunch of greedy millionaires fighting over 2 channels. Angry Homer Simpson GIF by FOX TV. If they don't come to an agreement by Friday, I am canceling Uverse and going to Xfinity. I guess they have received 1000's of calls regarding this. Homie isn't playing that game.

bored television GIF

1 hour ago, SurfinKal said:

IMO Sunday Ticket is the way to go. After dividing the total cost by the number of games it was an easy decision for me. If I went to a bar, I spend the same or more on food and drinks. Much better to watch at home.

That's how I see it too.  If I go to a sports bar, I'm not just paying for myself either so its double the costs. Mojitos are expensive until the bar runs out of mint.  lol.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 7:35 PM, kymd82222 said:

YouTube is running a 50 dollar off nfl Sunday ticket special 

On 9/5/2023 at 11:16 AM, 1959Colts said:

NFL+ gives you access to every game and every team on replay. regardless of "market"

the only "live" games it allows one to watch are "primetime". So Thursday Night / Sunday Night / Monday Night are available live on phone or tablet only (cannot watch live primetime games on smart tvs or Roku etc)

Since this year, the Colts do not play any games in primetime, NFL plus will not work, if you want to watch live.

However, as soon as the Sunday afternoon games are finished, NFL+ subscription allows one to watch complete games on replay. (these replays are able to be watched on tv, Roku etc)

So, for example, if this week you want to watch Jags at Colts (1:00 pm EDT). NFL+ subscribers will have the entire game available to watch around 4:00 pm EDT and any time thereafter

This year NFL+ will give access to Red Zone and NFL Network. I have until Saturday to decide if I want to pay for it. They will bill me $99 on Aug 10th. I think I might keep NFL+. I don't have Red Zone on my cable package anymore but I can watch it on my mobile or other device.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 9:16 AM, 1959Colts said:

Oh crap, I got it wrong.  Thanks for replying.  Question about the replays - let's say the Colts game is over, and you click on the game to watch the replay.  Is there a way to hide the score when you click on the game so you don't know what's going to happen?

8 hours ago, SurfinKal said:

IMO Sunday Ticket is the way to go. After dividing the total cost by the number of games it was an easy decision for me. If I went to a bar, I spend the same or more on food and drinks. Much better to watch at home.

I'm at the point where I may do this.  My spouse isn't a football fan at all, so she thinks it's a total waste of money.  Usually we don't argue about stuff like this, but she's of the mindset that almost $400 is a waste of money to watch one football game a week.  So I told her I would check out cheaper options.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kymd82222 said:

I'm at the point where I may do this.  My spouse isn't a football fan at all, so she thinks it's a total waste of money.  Usually we don't argue about stuff like this, but she's of the mindset that almost $400 is a waste of money to watch one football game a week.  So I told her I would check out cheaper options.  

Even if you consider for watching 1 game a week.

It would be $23.50 a week.

It's much more than 1 game a week though and actually 18 weeks.

Also I think there is discounts for nex tweek or so to save $50-$100.

Around $20 a week with the discount for the 1 game.

But really it's like 8-10 games a week, more than normal TV coverage.

18x9 = 162

$350(after discount)/ 162=

$2.16 a game.

Clearly won't watch them all, but it is an option. Can watch unlimited streams though.

1 hour ago, kymd82222 said:

I was in a similar situation with my wife, but the math doesn’t lie. $40 for food and drink, then add another $40 for Uber/Lyft to and from the bar. $80 a week for at least 12 weeks is already double the cost for Sunday Ticket.