Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson named starter for the season

Indyfan4life

Took Richardson in a lot of bestball leagues. Wasn't 100% sure he'd start, so this is going to be a lot of fun. I get to watch him play for the Colts, and he can make me money. Lot invested in this kid. Going to be the best year since 2018 IMO when there was still hope with Luck.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

He's still sushi-raw.  He's still a young QB with a lot to learn.  He's still gonna make rookie mistakes.  But he showed he's not shell-shocked by the NFL.  He's not overwhelmed.  Give him as much work as he can handle.

His first game is going to be a true adventure.  Jags will throw things at him he's never seen before.  How he reacts and adjusts will be very telling, but he has to go through this evolution.  Judging by his first pre-season game he may be just fine.  We shall see.  Buckle ups, kids this could be fun!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

I really don’t want to after the Taylor fiasco, but damnit, I’m buying this man’s jersey. 

Have a luck, brissett and Pittman  jersey. Debating  between  Richardson  and downs to add to collection 

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

His first game is going to be a true adventure.  Jags will throw things at him he's never seen before.  How he reacts and adjusts will be very telling, but he has to go through this evolution.  Judging by his first pre-season game he may be just fine.  We shall see.  Buckle ups, kids this could be fun!

I bet the jags forum  is celebrating atleast until they see how good he  will turn out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Took Richardson in a lot of bestball leagues. Wasn't 100% sure he'd start, so this is going to be a lot of fun. I get to watch him play for the Colts, and he can make me money. Lot invested in this kid. Going to be the best year since 2018 IMO when there was still hope with Luck.

I got fields and Richardson  in one league. Should be alot of fantasy points

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I got fields and Richardson  in one league. Should be alot of fantasy points

I have $170 worth of bestballs on fanduel and draftkings currently. Doing a $25 ESPN league in less than two weeks.

I'll probably spend $250 on yearly fantasy stuff and set aside another $250 as a bankroll to play daily fantasy for the year.

25 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Probably  should have waited  to name him starter so that the jags had to prepare for both

That's a two sided coin... because you have to prepare for that game too and the best way to prepare is to give uninterrupted time to your starting QB with the first team offense. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, stitches said:

That's a two sided coin... because you have to prepare for that game too and the best way to prepare is to give uninterrupted time to your starting QB with the first team offense. 

Not to mention, this let's the team know who the unquestioned leader is, and he knows it too....  that's important, but often overlooked.  Having unified direction and a focal point is not a small thing.  Just look at last year....

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

He's still sushi-raw.  He's still a young QB with a lot to learn.  He's still gonna make rookie mistakes.  But he showed he's not shell-shocked by the NFL.  He's not overwhelmed.  Give him as much work as he can handle.

Yeah, fans are going to have to be patient.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Minshew is awesome teammate! I wouldn't mind him being our backup for the foreseeable future. If he would want that job.

I wouldn't  mind keeping  minshew around. He can win a game in a pinch and he is better than Sam.

• Like 6