Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Unveiled New Alternate Uni

ProblChld32

The new Alternate Uni is called “Indiana Nights” and will be worn in the week 7 matchup. I like the all black helmet. I know a lot of posters prefer the current uniforms that the players wear, but these are very clean uniforms IMO. Can’t wait to see them on the field.

• Like 7

I need to see them in game action before having a final opinion. I appreciate that they are trying something new and I think there are some really nice aspects of the new alternates.

I really enjoy the white stripes on the pants and up the shoulder blades and the shade of blue they are using. Not a fan of everyone wearing the "C" patch on their chest.

I love the concept of the black helmet as well. I do wish it was matte black and didn't have the colors through the middle. The base of the back of the helmet with "Colts" is pretty sweet but I think the front "Colts" is too much. 

Just now, cjrulli said:

I need to see them in game action before having a final opinion. I appreciate that they are trying something new and I think there are some really nice aspects of the new alternates.

I really enjoy the white stripes on the pants and up the shoulder blades and the shade of blue they are using. Not a fan of everyone wearing the "C" patch on their chest.

I love the concept of the black helmet as well. I do wish it was matte black and didn't have the colors through the middle. The base of the back of the helmet with "Colts" is pretty sweet but I think the front "Colts" is too much. 

It's not the Captain patch. It's the colts alternate logo.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, CR91 said:

How are these that much different than the so-called “color rush” uni’s the teams wear once a year the last few seasons?

Inquiring minds want to know?    :peek:

Edit:  Are the helmets really black?   Or are they just really very dark blue?   Honest question. 

Edit2:   Couldn't tell about the helmets based on the Twitter pick in this thread.  But I’ve now seen the pick on the front of the website.   And they are indeed black.  I’d take them once a year, but that’s all. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

How are these that much different than the so-called “color rush” uni’s the teams wear once a year the last few seasons?

Inquiring minds want to know?    :peek:

Edit:  Are the helmets really black?   Or are they just really very dark blue?   

The pants are the same I believe, but the jerseys are a different fabric and color scheme it seems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I would like the helmet more if they didn't do a white outline of the blue stripe, but overall, I like the uniforms.

I know a lot of folks here are purists and think our uniform is timeless and should never change, but every team has alternates that are different than their standard uniforms and it was about time we followed suit.

Its also not like we'll see these often either.

• Like 1

What people need to realise is that this isnt a "new" uniform... Its just an alternate that they will occasionally roll out.

Personally I think its really clean and it's not over the top. I think its really good for the odd game.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

What people need to realise is that this isnt a "new" uniform... Its just an alternate that they will occasionally roll out.

Personally I think its really clean and it's not over the top. I think its really good for the odd game.

To your first sentence and an ugly one at that Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons