Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

I’d rather have Richardson over Levis. 

The Colts must have had the same concerns I did, because they had their pick. 

Richardson was a good choice. 

That said, we cannot overlook the fact that Steichen is a liar. It’s something we’re going to have to adjust to. We’ve had several years of an honest Ballard. Steichen is not going to be truthful. It’s a trait we should all be concerned about. 

I know the shots are coming my way for saying this, but if you think about it… It’s deserved. 

Steichen is a…..   LIAR?!?!? 

Dear God…      :facepalm:

Because he’s not going to tell you what he’s thinking?    Because he talks in Coach Speak?!?    If that’s what you call being a liar, I’ve got news for you….   Every coach in the NFL is a Liar!! 

What spectacular nonsense….    :facepalm:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

So idk much at all about this kid,  but entered the draft after his sophomore season in which he went 6-7... and we draft him 4th and a lot of people thinks he's going to be great? Based on what, his 24-15 TD/INT? Because he's a skillful runner? 

I don't get it. 

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Maybe Levis gets drafted by the Jets to learn behind Rodgers

Or Commanders who let go of Wentz and Heinecke could get lucky with Levis

@csmopar if Levis reminded you of Wentz, he goes to his former team lol :) 

Levis and his cannon arm looks destined to be a back up

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

So idk much at all about this kid,  but entered the draft after his sophomore season in which he went 6-7... and we draft him 4th and a lot of people thinks he's going to be great? Based on what, his 24-15 TD/INT? Because he's a skillful runner? 

I don't get it. 

you will 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Arch can’t even start at QB… in college. Did it go to his head

Who knows. 

But my point remains the same even if it’s NOT Arch. If Richardson flames out we’re just gonna be in position to draft another one, maybe even higher in a couple years. 

We’re not gonna get stuck in the middle with this guy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I don't get it. 

We finally have a 1st round rookie QB again…that’s enough for me right now lol

• Like 3

This kid is gonna be great. I'd be totally happy with him not playing this year, but chances are we'll see him partially throughout the season in some packages, and he'd probably start the last few games if we are out of playoff contention with Minshew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

I’d rather have Richardson over Levis. 

The Colts must have had the same concerns I did, because they had their pick. 

Richardson was a good choice. 

That said, we cannot overlook the fact that Steichen is a liar. It’s something we’re going to have to adjust to. We’ve had several years of an honest Ballard. Steichen is not going to be truthful. It’s a trait we should all be concerned about. 

I know the shots are coming my way for saying this, but if you think about it… It’s deserved. 

I liked your post for the first half of it. Glad the Colts did not take Levis. Very relieved. Richardson will be a boom or bust project but I have confidence in Steichen’s ability to get the best out of him. We will need patience though. I wouldn’t necessarily call Steichen a liar. They call this the lying season for a reason. Everyone is doing their best to conceal their true intentions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IanColts22 said:

Im seeing Levi isn't picked in the 1st round.  We maybe could've landed AR in the 2nd or 3rd round?  Probably should've drafted a DE or OL and then get AR in the 2nd round 

AR has an elite trait his 4.4 speed. Don’t think he would last to the 2nd. Levis is dropping for a reason. He was overhyped from the jump. 

1 minute ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I think Commanders take Hooker 

Or the Vikings. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I liked your post for the first half of it. Glad the Colts did not take Levis. Very relieved. Richardson will be a boom or bust project but I have confidence in Steichen’s ability to get the best out of him. We will need patience though. I wouldn’t necessarily call Steichen a liar. They call this the lying season for a reason. Everyone is doing their best to conceal their true intentions.  

If Steichen is a liar for what he said leading up to the draft so is everyone in the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

its gonna take a couple of years for AR  to be good its gonna take a lot of patience .    might end up like the bears getting a high pick next year .   his stats scared me thats why i wanted levis 17 touchdowns 9 picks and only 2500 yards passing with one year as a starter .  its very risky but he has mahomes arm talent and lamar speed  so it all depends on his work ethic  and drive to get better .   its gonna be about 3 years before we see what his ceiling is

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

We finally have a 1st round rookie QB again…that’s enough for me for right now lol

Ya, but that doesn't really mean anything. Round doesn't equate to success. 

I'm just concerned we get a guy who's started only one season and had a losing record, and he decides to ever the draft because??? Because the market is good so it's smart for him knowing teams are desperate right now? If it was a stacked draft, I doubt this kid enters.  Good for him timing the market, but I don't think he's experienced enough and ready. 

• Like 1

I wanted Levis but I get the upside and it fits type of player Ballard covers.  We will see how good our coach and his staff are. I will root for the kid bc he is a Colt. If he develops he could be better than Josh Allen…if he doesn’t at least we took our shot at a franchise guy. Going to be a slow process but excited to see how he does over the next few years. Go Colts!!

• Like 4

Just now, Narcosys said:

I'm just concerned we get a guy who's started only one season and had a losing record, and he decides to ever the draft because??? Because the market is good so it's smart for him knowing teams are desperate right now? If it was a stacked draft, I doubt this kid enters.  Good for him timing the market, but I don't think he's experienced enough and ready. 

its un heard of to take a QB with one year experience with a losing record top 5 .  i dont think its ever been done before

• Like 1

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

AR has an elite trait his 4.4 speed. Don’t think he would last to the 2nd. Levis is dropping for a reason. He was overhyped from the jump. 

1 minute ago, ChuggaBeer said:

I think the Colts would have been in on Levis. But I'll say I think him skipping his bowl game and the Senior Bowl didn't do him any favors, especially with a team like that Colts that places a lot of value on football character, competitive spirit, and the Senior Bowl. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Oh I’m aware, was only being half serious. He’s very much a boom or bust prospect.

I didn’t know much about these QB’s even going back to a few weeks ago. And I was immediately very skeptical of Richardson, but I’ve grown to like the idea of what Steichen can do with him. At the very least, it’s not gonna be boring.

3 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I wanted Levis but I get the upside and it fits type of player Ballard covers.  We will see how good our coach and his staff are. I will root for the kid bc he is a Colt. If he develops he could be better than Josh Allen…if he doesn’t at least we took our shot at a franchise guy. Going to be a slow process but excited to see how he does over the next few years. Go Colts!!

what scares me is we see ballard all the time reach for guys who are really talented but raw .   ballard puts a lot of stock in size and measurements .   it backfired before with all the edge rushers that busted out under ballard .