Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

And something else... not really anything to do with Richardson but ... I just want to see who of the big national media reporters and draft analysts will come out and admit they don't know % about what is going in the Colts building. There are some especially smug people in national media that keep pretending like they have it all figured out with the Colts and they have been now horribly wrong on the two most important decisions the Colts have made this off-season. 

I have looked at the Twitter accounts of most of the "the love for Levis in Indy is real" media members, and haven't seen a single one address how wrong they were on that one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

And something else... not really anything to do with Richardson but ... I just want to see who of the big national media reporters and draft analysts will come out and admit they don't know % about what is going in the Colts building. There are some especially smug people in national media that keep pretending like they have it all figured out with the Colts and they have been now horribly wrong on the two most important decisions the Colts have made this off-season. 

They already basically said they got it on wrong on the ABC broadcast.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’d take Richardson over Levis 100 times out of 100. There’s a reason he still hasn’t been drafted yet. Stop trying to act like the smartest guy in the room. It’s not working. 

You seem to have associated my post with intelligence.  Why don't you just admit that it was smart, instead of getting mad that I am the one who thought of it.  BTW Pat, is a one of those fake cool guys and transparent as heck, well, to us smart ones.  OTOH, you seem to have fallen for his fake-schtick.

Nelson had the credentials, even the horrible pick Hooker had credentials to support the pick.  AR has none, its all about ceiling, potential.....and hope.  Its a desperation pick.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tell us…..

How horribly wrong were they?    Did they get Steichen wrong?   

Yes they did! For a month they were telling us how all they are hearing is that we will keep Saturday. I don't think they even considered Steichen as a prime candidate at all. 

Did they get taking a QB at 4 wrong?   

Yes, for the last 2 weeks they've been saying the Colts want Levis, love Levis, Manning gave his blessings for Levis, etc. 

What did the national media get wrong?   

Those two things... yes. HORRIBLY WRONG. 

20 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Levis from hype top 4 to falling to 2nd. Reasons? Arrogant or just not that good?

One of the ESPN guys on ABC said he came across as little cocky but what he was hearing from a couple of QB needy teams was that his tape was just not good.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yes they did! For a month they were telling us how all they are hearing is that we will keep Saturday. I don't think they even considered Steichen as a prime candidate at all. 

Yes, for the last 2 weeks they've been saying the Colts want Levis. 

Those two things... yes. HORRIBLY WRONG. 

Maybe things don’t translate clearly across to Europe.    I think your analysis is ridiculous.   

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

Colts draft Levis in the 2nd round

I know you are joking but it’s looking like there could be a couple of guys thought to go in the middle of round one that would fill a couple of Colts needs sitting there to start the second in Porter and Nolan Smith.  I wonder if Ballard would consider going up to get one of them, especially Porter given their need at corner.

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe things don’t translate clearly across to Europe.    I think your anakysis is ridiculous.   

In what way? What of those is not true? 

Am I the only one who was left with that impression... please, other fans from the US, let me know if I am horribly wrong here or NewColtsFan just doesn't like when people point out the failures of his colleagues... 

• Like 2

Just now, stitches said:

Am I the only one who was left with that impression... please, other fans from the US, let me know if I am horribly wrong here or NewColtsFan just doesn't like when people point out the failures of his colleagues... 

I don’t know if I would call it a failure.  I mean it’s an educated guess.  People get those wrong all the time and it’s not considered a failure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

Levis and his cannon arm looks destined to be a back up

I got a cannon and i wanna show it off!

I got a cannon and i wanna show it off!

Go eat your bananas Will. We dont wanna see it. We have our quarterback already sir!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stitches said:

I did find it amusing that most of the big media guys’ final mocks this morning were completely backwards in terms of the two QB’s…Kiper, Shrags, Lance, and DJ, and McShay I think, all had us taking Levis and AR dropping.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Absolutely agree on most of the national draft media saying that they heard that the Colts loved Levis. Some added the caveat that is what they were hearing from other teams (which rings true) and not directly from a Colts source, but others just flat out said they loved Levis.

It just never made any sense to me, which is why it was frustrating to hear that over and over and over

• Like 1

Just now, stitches said:

There were local guys also saying the same thing.    And simply saying the national media is ridiculous.   There are literally dozens and dozens of NFL analysts at the national level.  

There’s a variety of opinion.   But all you can do is blast NATIONAL MEDIA.   You don’t know who so you blast everyone.   It’s the same nonsense that most media haters here do.   Blast the big group they don’t like.   It’s old and tired and wrong. 

Funny how I don’t see you blasting local media?   They got plenty wrong too.   But nothing from you. 

Funny how I don’t see you blast many posters here who also got it wrong. 

People here don’t know or understand media.    It’s entirely predictable.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Not to brag, but I was right haha

Levis has significant problems with things that screw games up. Sacks, picks, and then the wreckless play style. And people kept acting like it wasnt a big deal. But then losing there mind over Richardsons completion percentage

• Like 1

The local media were waaaaay more on target than the national media in this case. Local media members said that they heard the Colts did not love Levis and a bunch of them were pushing the Richardson to the Colts idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pkbrux said:

The local media were waaaaay more on target than the national media in this case. Local media members said that they heard the Colts did not love Levis and a bunch of them were pushing the Richardson to the Colts idea.

Keefer and Holder kept saying it was AR in one way or another.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There were local guys also saying the same thing.    And simply saying the national media is ridiculous.   There are literally dozens and dozens of NFL analysts at the national level.  

There’s a variety of opinion.   But all you can do is blast NATIONAL MEDIA.   You don’t know who so you blast everyone.   It’s the same nonsense that most media haters here do.   Blast the big group they don’t like.   It’s old and tired and wrong. 

Funny how I don’t see you blasting local media?   They got plenty wrong too.   But nothing from you. 

Funny how I don’t see you blast many posters here who also got it wrong. 

People here don’t know or understand media.    It’s entirely predictable.  

Oh don't get me wrong... I've blasted local media too... in fact I didn't include them because I don't have high expectations for them. JMV has been harping on his Levis info for like ... 5 months. Non stop, every day... every time he talks about the draft it was "I have this info that they love Levis" ... on and on and on... but I've given up on the local Indy media long ago... 

With that said a lot of the other local guys were much closer to the truth in this specific case. Especially Holder... 

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Because they’re NOT failures.   You’re over-thinking this.   No one predicted anything as fact.   They offered opinion.  

I take exception because you’re trying to act as an expert about something you think you know, but you clearly don’t.    

And I rip both local and national media plenty.   But at least I have some idea what I’m talking about. 

Just now, stitches said:

Oh don't get me wrong... I've blasted local media too... in fact I didn't include them because I don't have high expectations for them. JMV has been harping on his Levis info for like ... 5 months. Non stop, every day... every time he talks about the draft it was "I have this info that they love Levis" ... on and on and on... but I've given up on the local Indy media long ago... 

you ever think maybe the Colts leaked the Levis stuff on purpose to throw people off the trail they wanted Richardson so no one came up to get him?  Ballard at least seemed to consider that someone would as he admitted they called Arizona about going to number three.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dobbinblitz said:

There is going to be some excellent talent available at 35

Porter,, Branch, Ringo in the secondary

TE’ Mayer and Laporta

basically the entire Guard class

Colts will have some very good options

Go get Porter tomorrow.  At one point he was thought of as a possible top 10 pick and he could start day one which the Colts need at corner as Moore (who can’t play outside) and Rodgers are the only two starters they have at the moment. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

you ever think maybe the Colts leaked the Levis stuff on purpose to throw people off the trail they wanted Richardson so no one came up to get him?  Ballard at least seemed to consider that someone would as he admitted they called Arizona about going to number three.

Honestly I doubt it... Ballard had a chance to let the Levis thing go and keep the illusion and the first chance he got to refute it, he did it... BEFORE THE DRAFT. If ONLY anyone wanted to listen... I feel like Ballard is incapable of releasing a smokescreen. He seems incredibly honest and forthright with everything he says. He won't tell you the exact pick... but he will give you all the information you need to get really close to it... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Honestly I doubt it... Ballard had a chance to let the Levis thing go and the first chance he got to refute it, he did it... BEFORE THE DRAFT. If ONLY anyone wanted to listen... I feel like Ballard is incapable of releasing a smokescreen. He seems incredibly honest and forthright with everything he says. He won't tell you the exact pick... but he will give you all the information you need to get really close to it... 

Man, I was just about to say the same thing. I thought about that, the Levis stuff possibly being a smoke screen, but Ballard just really seems to not have any interest in deception. Especially with his whole “sidebar” rant in the post-pick presser…really went on about leaks and how tough it was for these prospects/kids….Which definitely seemed related to CJ Stroud, especially considering Stroud said Ballard checked in on him a lot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Go get Porter tomorrow.  At one point he was thought of as a possible top 10 pick and he could start day one which the Colts need at corner as Moore (who can’t play outside) and Rodgers are the only two starters they have at the moment. 

Unfortunately, I think we will watch the Steelers grab him at 32

• Like 2

If you believe in a guy enough to draft him in the second round, you trade up to the end of the first round to get the 5th year option. No one did that for Levis. He could fall to the third round.

I’m so glad we drafted Richardson. I was so scared for a bit.:yahoo:

• Like 2