Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Yannick

Patrick Miller

9 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I wonder why there was no attempt to re-sign him? I thought he played pretty well. I mean 9.5 sacks. Paye had 6 and Dayo had 5. I mean, wouldn’t he at least be worth bringing back in to be a situational pass rusher?

The Colts signed someone to roughly replace Yannick in the guy from SF.   He might not get as many sacks, but he’s better against the run.  And he does this at far less that YN does.  

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts signed someone to roughly replace Yannick in the guy from SF.   He might not get as many sacks, but he’s better against the run.  And he does this at far less that YN does.  

Yep. Samson Ebukam. Much better overall player than Yannick. Can defend the run and play special teams as well as pass rush.

22 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I wonder why there was no attempt to re-sign him? I thought he played pretty well. I mean 9.5 sacks. Paye had 6 and Dayo had 5. I mean, wouldn’t he at least be worth bringing back in to be a situational pass rusher?

Because he is a liability against the run

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep. Samson Ebukam. Much better overall player than Yannick. Can defend the run and play special teams as well as pass rush.

Thanks for the reminder on the name.   I was thinking his last name was Samson. 

Doh!!    :facepalm:

I have those moments….   :peek:

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks for the reminder on the name.   I was thinking his last name was Samson. 

Doh!!    :facepalm:

I have those moments….   :peek:

No prob. I remember last year when the Broncos drafted Nik Bonitto, and he couldn't defend the run at all (one of the worst kept secrets of the draft), he reminded me of Yannick as a one-dimensional pass rusher. That's why I love this signing of Ebukam as he can do everything, and it didn't cost us a draft pick.

Love when Ballard is creative in FA. This has been a better FA class under him than most as we started signing players early in FA.

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Money he probably wants to be paid as a 3 down starter DE but at this point of his career he’s a situational pass rusher who is a complete liability in the run game. 

56 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

For the 100th time he is too Easy to run on, and sacks alone don't mean you are an effective pass rusher. 

He made $13M last year. What do you think he would accept today to come off our bench as a situational pass rusher? And what should we offer?

You know we already chose someone over him already.

8 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Well they wasn’t impactful sacks and he didn’t get consistent pressure at all

1 hour ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

seemed to me he got mostly assists but I may be off. 

I would agree , Yea watching the games he never just beat a guy , once they got their hands on him he was out the play and was horrible in run defense. A lot of his sacks was second effort or another player chasing them to him. 

15 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

How do you know there was no attempt? 

I'm not sure there's ever been a poorer pass rusher to consistently get 8+ sacks a year. He's an enigma who somehow finds a handful of useless/coverage sacks every year but is invisible on nearly every other play. And as everyone knows, he is downright bad vs the run.

I think the secrets out on Yannick. I'm guessing he signs late in the process to a one year middling deal, somewhere else.

21 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

He had one of the lowest pressure rates in the league from his position. He got four sacks off his wins. He was brutal against the run.  Dayo looked significantly better with far less snaps. Yannick is a one trick pony who should play about 30% of the snaps not 70%. 

16 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

I would agree , Yea watching the games he never just beat a guy , once they got their hands on him he was out the play and was horrible in run defense. A lot of his sacks was second effort or another player chasing them to him. 

that was my impression as well. A good example of stats not telling the story. 

9 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Most overrated player in the league.

There's a reason why a 8-10 sacks a year player has had 5 teams in 7 years.

Yep. But that's not what most Colts fans thought when Ballard traded for him last season. I remember the term "elite pass rusher" being thrown around a lot and there being little regard for his overall game being a major weakness.

Sometimes you just have to see it to believe it.

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Yep. But that's not what most Colts fans thought when Ballard traded for him last season. I remember the term "elite pass rusher" being thrown around a lot and there being little regard for his overall game being a major weakness.

Sometimes you just have to see it to believe it.

Anyone that called him Elite was someone worth ignoring.

On 4/1/2023 at 9:04 AM, jbaron04 said:

another ballard mistake

TBH he's not worth the price he's probably looking for as a free agent. He's one-dimensional and has a tendency to disappear for weeks at a time during the season. I wouldn't mind him back at the right price, but he's not worth anywhere near the $13 million the Colts were paying him in 2022.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:48 PM, Patrick Miller said:

He was invisible in crunch time, he did log 9.5 sacks, I dont know that its an indication of how good he is or how bad the rest of the D-line is.........I grew up on the Colts when they were baaaaaad, like real bad........so when Freeney and Mathis came along I learned what "meaningful" sacks and pressures looked like.....I didn't see a one from Yannick, or any other Colt to be fair, but since we are talking Yannick.......its akin to a QB finishing with 300 passing yards and 200 of them in garbage time when it didnt matter......... great status, net result "meaningless"

Archived