Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated: Colts hire Shane Steichen as their new HC (Merged)

CR91

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Every  credible GM I have listened to  said the flying  up  the  boards after the combine narrative is garbage.  The only thing of  value at the combines is the  medical and   interviews. The fourty times and all the athletic stuff is for the media to hype   up.

Yep. You can on tape how good of a athlete he is. Don’t need testing for that. His interviews will make or break where he lands.

1 hour ago, ad24rouse said:

So Richardson suddenly turned into a Mahomes/Hurts/Wilson overnight? Wow, that escalated quickly.

Overnight has nothing to do with the question.

Who thought giving up 2 first rd picks to take Mahomes at pick #10 was smart?

How many teams wish now they had made Hurts a top ten pick? And Wilson?

Most assuredly at least one of the top 3 will prove highly over drafted. Stroud is my pick to become a top 7 QB someday.

If Richardson has a good mind, how about swinging for the fence!

54 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I expect Steichen will fly back to Indy with Irsay and Ballard. Hopefully we hear something official by tomorrow or Tuesday.

Maybe.   That’s possible.  

It’s also possible Steichen flies to Philly with the team, and then flies to Indy Tuesday morning to sign the new deal.   That’s possible too. 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe.   That’s possible.  

It’s also possible Steichen flies to Philly with the team, and then flies to Indy Tuesday morning to sign the new deal.   That’s possible too. 

As long as Irsay doesn't visit the Steichen residence and use the bathroom, we're good.

5 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I expect Steichen will fly back to Indy with Irsay and Ballard. Hopefully we hear something official by tomorrow or Tuesday.

I doubt that. He should fly back with the Eagles. Spend today with his current team. Then whatever happens happens. But he deserves a day with his team before rushing off to us 

5 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Overnight has nothing to do with the question.

Who thought giving up 2 first rd picks to take Mahomes at pick #10 was smart?

How many teams wish now they had made Hurts a top ten pick? And Wilson?

Most assuredly at least one of the top 3 will prove highly over drafted. Stroud is my pick to become a top 7 QB someday.

If Richardson has a good mind, how about swinging for the fence!

There’s swinging for the fence and there’s swinging when the ball doesn’t even exist and you don’t have a bat to begin with…. The latter is Richardson, the worse 1st round prospect of a bad QB class

59 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I doubt that. He should fly back with the Eagles. Spend today with his current team. Then whatever happens happens. But he deserves a day with his team before rushing off to us 

Shefter is reporting that Steichen is flying to Indy later this afternoon to finalize deal.

12 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Whoever gets the HC job he should rent a home and not consider buying. Just saying.

That makes zero sense.  Name the last HC that was hired in Indy full time and fired in less than four years?

Also, I expect the guy who is flying to Indy to sign the contract today to be "whoever" gets the job.....

30 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

That makes zero sense.  Name the last HC that was hired in Indy full time and fired in less than four years?

Also, I expect the guy who is flying to Indy to sign the contract today to be "whoever" gets the job.....

So you are saying those terms were good? How many SBs did they orchestrate? It's all about winning. Rent baby, rent!

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Since Ballard said it could take until mid February guess he was the target all along.

Great observation.  Everybody knew the Eagles would be in the playoffs and probably get a bye.  That extends the timeline right there.

Figured they give him today to get the super bowl closed out at least and say good bye to his players. Super bowl was over about 11pm EST. It’s at least a 9-10 hour flight from Arizona to Philly, so even if he boarded by midnight, he wouldn’t be in Philly until about now. That gives him what, a couple hours to clean out his office and say good bye before jetting 2-3 hours back to Indy? 

9 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Richardson is by far more talented than Hurts and it isn't even close. Richardson elite in terms  of athleticism but man he needs time.  We are talking 4.4 , a cannon over  over 6 feet and 220. He is in the  Micheal  Vick  league but man  he just needed more time and he is not accurate. It will take a GM and coach who see super star  but he could also b e the guy the  Titans drafted who has no business being in   the NFL.

Are you his cousin? He's "by far more talented than Hurts and it isn't even close"? Yet, Richardson never came close to Hurts' production at Alabama or Oklahoma. He'll probably produce good metrics at the combine but expecting him to put it altogether at the NFL level when he hasn't in college is a massive gamble. 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Figured they give him today to get the super bowl closed out at least and say good bye to his players. Super bowl was over about 11pm EST. It’s at least a 9-10 hour flight from Arizona to Philly, so even if he boarded by midnight, he wouldn’t be in Philly until about now. That gives him what, a couple hours to clean out his office and say good bye before jetting 2-3 hours back to Indy? 

How many stops in a 9-10 hour flight from Arizona to Philly?

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

9-10 hours? My guess is he is flying from AZ with Irsay and Ballard on irsays jet.

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Are they flying on a blimp?   9 or 10 hours?

Archived