Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Power rankings Colts # 31

bluephantom87

2 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

31 eh? That’s uh… I feel like 26-29 would be a more accurate level, but it’s whatever. We know this team is capable of winning every game when we don’t blow our own feet off with 800 turnovers. I mean bullets. Or maybe turnovers. Idk anymore. 

I honestly don’t believe that anymore at all. Even when the Colts are not turning the ball over they aren’t scoring points or moving the ball.

The team (mainly offense) is awful and there is no way around it. The biggest question is how to fix it. I’m not sure anyone knows what really went wrong or where the blame goes.

Ballard, Ryan, Reich, Irsay?

50 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I honestly don’t believe that anymore at all. Even when the Colts are not turning the ball over they aren’t scoring points or moving the ball.

The team (mainly offense) is awful and there is no way around it. The biggest question is how to fix it. I’m not sure anyone knows what really went wrong or where the blame goes.

I agree. The offense is unbearable to watch at times. The Bronco game was bad but that Pats game was plain AWFUL!!! Moving forward in the offseason I would like to see someone tied to an explosive offense as hc or oc, a dual threat qb and an EXPERIENCED gm. 

I'd def say bottom quartile of the bottom quartile.

The offense is incapable of scoring more than one TD per game.  You can't win against many teams that way.  There are prob some college defenses that  could hold us to under 25 points in a game.

4 hours ago, Bravo said:

I’m just saying that when the team isn’t turning the ball over on their own side of the field and letting opposing offenses only need 15-25 yards for a TD, the scores aren’t as skewed. Any offense is going to score on you with that happening. Dallas proved it Sunday. At least when they are punting the defense has a chance. 

11 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I’m just saying that when the team isn’t turning the ball over on their own side of the field and letting opposing offenses only need 15-25 yards for a TD, the scores aren’t as skewed. Any offense is going to score on you with that happening. Dallas proved it Sunday. At least when they are punting the defense has a chance. 

Any offense BUT ours...we MIGHT get a fg! :facepalm: I agree though most teams will make you pay if given short fields off turnovers but the good ones will embarrass you for those GIFTED mistakes.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, cdgacoltsfan said:

I wish the draft order was based on power rankings.

I kinda feel like it is, albeit not according to this particular power ranking. Tankathon has them picking at the 9th spot. That would put them at a power ranking of 23, which to me, sounds about right, considering they have the 9th ranked defense and the 25th ranked offense. For the most part, defensively, they can hang with just about anyone. But offensively...dear god. 

It’s amazing that we’re ranked 31st considering that there are several teams that are lower in record. However, if you watch this team, you can see why they’re ranked 31st completely disorganized, poorly coached, and a handful of lazy players. No quarterback to speak of and we can’t seem to get, Taylor moving 

9 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

It’s amazing that we’re ranked 31st considering that there are several teams that are lower in record. However, if you watch this team, you can see why they’re ranked 31st completely disorganized, poorly coached, and a handful of lazy players. No quarterback to speak of and we can’t seem to get, Taylor moving 

We are bad right now but what is funny is we are better than 2 teams in our own division so I don't get the ranking. IMO the Raiders and Broncos are worse than us as well and they both have supposed franchise QB's.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are bad right now but what is funny is we are better than 2 teams in our own division so I don't get the ranking. IMO the Raiders and Broncos are worse than us as well and they both have supposed franchise QB's.

Rankings are not solely based off the record.  

i would say Arizona is better than the Colts despite a 4-8 record.  The same with Jax, Carolina, New Orleans and maybe Denver.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Rankings are not solely based off the record.  

i would say Arizona is better than the Colts despite a 4-8 record.  The same with Jax, Carolina, New Orleans and maybe Denver.  

Yeah it just depends on how one looks at things, I agree record isn't everything. Denver is a dump though and we even beat them. Everyone thinks Matt Ryan is a disappointment, Russ makes him look good. That is how bad Russ has been.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it just depends on how one looks at things, I agree record isn't everything. Denver is a dump though and we even beat them. Everyone thinks Matt Ryan is a disappointment, Russ makes him look good. That is how bad Russ has been.

I just looked and you are right.   I knew Russ was having a down year, but I didn't realize how bad.  My guess is the blowout losses the Colts have had played a factor:

Blowout (shut out) to the Jags - 0-24

Blowout loss to the Pats - 3-26

Blowout loss to the Cowboys - 54-19

Also a tie with the worst team in the league.  

51 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Gee, with our shaky Don Knotts like QB, we have recently stuck in there with Philly and Dallas right up to the 4th quarter, so some folks need to put down the crack pipe and get out of grandmas basement and go smell some fresh air.

Ryan Iceman  Cougar needs grounded and to start some therapy.

11 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gee, with our shaky Don Knotts like QB, we have recently stuck in there with Philly and Dallas right up to the 4th quarter, so some folks need to put down the crack pipe and get out of grandmas basement and go smell some fresh air.

Ryan Iceman  Cougar needs grounded and to start some therapy.

No Idea Reaction GIF by Laff

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How can we be #31 when we have the 9th worse record. Someone that does these rankings doesn't know math. 

It changes week to week.   over the entire season we are 9th.   

The defense is above average, but the offense is so bad I'm not sure the ranking is unreasonable. 

On 12/8/2022 at 4:41 PM, masterlock said:

I kinda feel like it is, albeit not according to this particular power ranking. Tankathon has them picking at the 9th spot. That would put them at a power ranking of 23, which to me, sounds about right, considering they have the 9th ranked defense and the 25th ranked offense. For the most part, defensively, they can hang with just about anyone. But offensively...dear god. 

Colts have a top 10 defense?  I believe they did last year.  If they are repeating it with out Kwitty and Leonard that is awesome.  Imagine what they would be if the offense could control the ball. Possibly top 5?  Oh well, these kinds of seasons happen when you follow a team long enough. They will eventually right the ship. 

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Colts have a top 10 defense?  I believe they did last year.  If they are repeating it with out Kwitty and Leonard that is awesome.  Imagine what they would be if the offense could control the ball. Possibly top 5?  Oh well, these kinds of seasons happen when you follow a team long enough. They will eventually right the ship. 

Yeah, they have a top-10 defense. Look it up. Prior to the Cowboys game they were top-4.

3 hours ago, masterlock said:

Yeah, they have a top-10 defense. Look it up. Prior to the Cowboys game they were top-4.

Right on.  Thank you for filling me in.  I’m sorta checked out on the Colts. I’ve watched all but one game but not looking into any stats. Despite them losing I enjoy the entertainment of watching the games but digging into film or stats will only frustrate me so I’m avoiding it. I’m enjoying being a casual fan this year. 

On 12/10/2022 at 2:49 PM, NFLfan said:

What is the significance of these power rankings? In college football, it could help determine teams that go to the playoffs. In the NFL, that have no value. 

Power rankings give food for thought and debate. Nothing more. 

That was the purpose of this thread food for thought and maybe debate. Nothing more... :D

Archived