Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 10: Colts @ Raiders, Sun, 11/13/22, 4:05 PM ET

NFLfan

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

I saw that. Was just asking in general how the O has looked so far. Haven’t been able to watch close

run has been good, consistent and productive.  

pass at times has looked bad.  Dropped balls, missed throws, bad decisions.  But playing smart football so far which is why we’re winning

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

i honestly wanted to see Reich coach without him calling plays.  Thought he was a good head coach but a bad playcaller

True, but he was too stubborn for that and when Ballard wouldn't make him and it all went south, Irsay stepped in and did what he needed to do to give this team a spark.

Just now, chickenMan said:

Coming down to the wire here. I think win or lose, Saturday and Frazier have proven themselves capable

i am gonna take a wait and see approach  because i the raiders are the raiders .   now next week if the line holds up and colts can at least keep it close i am on board with saturday

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• I can’t remember what thread it was, but I posted some stats regarding our defensive line and Supes had actually came to the conclusion that Lewis should get more pass rush snaps (based on data).     And to be honest, I’m not sure how effective Paye is at stopping the run because he doesn’t show up in a positive way on a lot of these metrics.  Now I’m not saying he sucks, but he’s solid enough to where I think other ends on our team should get some snaps and see what we have.  Is it that Paye is the best run defending end we have and that’s why he gets majority of those snaps over others or are they trying to allow him to develop?   Idk, but I was ecstatic that we grabbed Latu because it meant Paye will fall back to a rotational player.  People disagreed with me, which is fine, but I’m sorry, Paye just doesn’t pop off the screen.  It’s the same with Pierce.  Some players just don’t pop and the metrics show that.     We’ll see.  I know Paye has improved every year he’s played.  But in this scheme, we need more.  Hoping that Paye indeeds prove me wrong because then it would mean we have more talent on the line.
    • 100% agree.  To add, for those out there worried about the youth of our corners and FS and if they will perform…here are some vets still unsigned out there:   Justin Simmons  Xavien Howard  Patrick Peterson  Stephon Gilmore  Quandre Diggs Micah Hyde  Adoree’ Jackson  Eddie Jackson  J.C. Jackson  Tracy Walker   So no need to worry right now.  We have options to fill holes.  And I don’t think other teams are rushing to sign these guys.  Simmons is the only one I’d want us to sign now.  Also, plenty of vet CBs who could fill in and play immediately if needed.   i will say, I agree with those who’d want to sign people now.  But it’s not my money and not my team.  Nor are we in those rooms with the coaches.  So all we can do is hope for the best.  At this point, if Shane wanted someone, I doubt Ballard wouldn’t go get them or try to.  So maybe Shane is in on this “let’s see what we have” train also.
    • It’s not just AR’s size, but his athleticism at that size, that makes him such a freak.  And the same was true of Newton.   AR ran the 40 in 4.43s.  Newton was 4.59s.   AR’s vertical was 40.5”.  Newton was 35”.   They were 2 of only 3 QBs to have perfect RAS scores (Culpepper was the 3rd).  
    • I think Ballard  will make a move either a FS or or CB or both but I believe it will be once training camp starts and they get a better look at the guys they have. If they really feel they can improve I could see then signing one or the other and holding some money back in case on an injury during training camp. CB doesn't make these decisions in a vacuum and listens to the HC, DC and the position coaches before personnel decisions are made. Should know more soon!                            
    • Agreed. My mindset is it can’t hurt to add a veteran presence back there at FS in case of injury or just bad play from other guys. And if it’s only a 1 year 5 mil deal, there’s really no risk. 
  • Members

• compuls1v3

compuls1v3 1,999

• smittywerb

smittywerb 1,521

• lester

lester 304

• John Hammonds

John Hammonds 5,071

• Solid84

Solid84 6,925

• Samu-Rye