Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 10: Colts @ Raiders, Sun, 11/13/22, 4:05 PM ET

NFLfan

Your Indianapolis Colts travel to Vegas to play the Raiders who have struggled in their first year under John McDaniels (2-6). The Colts will be led by their interim head coach and Colts great Jeff Saturday who was hired this week to replace Frank Reich after a 3-5-1 season this year. 

Colts Injury Report:

Unlike last week, it seems that Jonathan Taylor will be playing in this game. This is good news for fans and for the coaching staff, especially the Colts' new playcaller, Parks Frazier.  Defensively, MVP Shaq Leoonard will not play in this one; he is on IR and will miss several games. Kwity Paye may play. 

Good luck!  :colts:

Enjoy the game and your football Sunday which starts at 9:30AM ET in Germany -- Seahawks will play the Bucs.

• Thanks 5

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Your Indianapolis Colts travel to Vegas to play the Raiders who have struggled in their first year under John McDaniels (2-6). The Colts will be led by their interim head coach and Colts great Jeff Saturday who was hired this week to replace Frank Reich after a 3-5-1 season this year. 

Colts Injury Report:

Unlike last week, it seems that Jonathan Taylor will be playing in this game. This is good news for fans and for the coaching staff, especially the Colts' new playcaller, Parks Frazier.  Defensively, MVP Shaq Leoonard will not play in this one; he is on IR and will miss several games. Kwity Paye may play. 

Good luck!  :colts:

Enjoy the game and your football Sunday which starts at 9:30AM ET in Germany -- Seahawks will play the Bucs.

Thanks for the game thread once again. I hope we make John McDonalds look bad :thmup:. I have no idea how this is going to go. I picked the Raiders in the pick thread but we could win this game.

I want to see the changes in the offensive philosophy. I want to see what kind of effort the players show. 

Obviously it is too late in the season to change the entire playbook. But I want to see what portions of the playbook we lean on the most. On offense, I would like to see heavier personnel and an emphasis on running the football. I need to see great execution in the blocking and running from the backs. 

We could lose this game by three scores, and still come away with some positives. The effort guys are going to stand out today. The players who are going to be with us for the long haul... we will know who wants to be a Colt, and who is mailing it in. Jeff Saturday has not had a chance to grade these players yet. Jeff is an effort guy... And he will pinpoint who the effort guys are on this team, today. That all leads to step 1... If we can win and go through these steps... Well that is icing on the cake. 

1 hour ago, TheShadow said:

This is what Jeff said about Ehlinger in his presser when asked.  "Sam, for a young guy, is an energetic guy," Saturday said. "He brings a lot of pop." Not a great endorsement for a QB. I think he knows who the offense wants back in at QB.

I think Sam gets one game... If Sam does not impress today, then I believe Saturday will make to move to Matt Ryan. 

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I think Sam gets one game... If Sam does not impress today, then I believe Saturday will make to move to Matt Ryan. 

I think Sam has 2 possessions, if we go 3 and out on both. I can see Matt back in. He deserves at least 2 chances to get it going. Taylor is back so maybe we might be able to get something going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheShadow said:

This is what Jeff said about Ehlinger in his presser when asked.  "Sam, for a young guy, is an energetic guy," Saturday said. "He brings a lot of pop." Not a great endorsement for a QB. I think he knows who the offense wants back in at QB.

I dont think that is a bad endorsement at all honestly,think it says Sam is a vocal leader which some young guys are hesitant to take on and pop because he will run and attack. Now not saying Jeff is sold on Sam being the future or even the direct present but dont feel the endorsement was meant as a backhanded compliment. Reports Jeff will be putting in Ryan if Sam struggles so that removes any preconceived tank job once and for all,so that can be put to bed.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

I dont think that is a bad endorsement at all honestly,think it says Sam is a vocal leader which some young guys are hesitant to take on and pop because he will run and attack. Now not saying Jeff is sold on Sam being the future or even the direct present but dont feel the endorsement was meant as a backhanded compliment. Reports Jeff will be putting in Ryan if Sam struggles so that removes any preconceived tank job once and for all,so that can be put to bed.

I didnt say, nor mean, it was a backhanded compliment, I said it was not a great endorsement for our 1st team QB. He could have said alot more about his talents.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Sam has 2 possessions, if we go 3 and out on both. I can see Matt back in. He deserves at least 2 chances to get it going. Taylor is back so maybe we might be able to get something going.

I think it all depends on the offensive line.  If they are giving the QB ample time we might see Ryan. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, w87r said:

4:00 games suck.

Even more today. Like what the hell.

London game

Only 1:00 game on is Lions and Bears. Smh.

Where can I buy Sunday ticket real quick?

Yeah you would think they could schedule a game other than the Lion-Bears for the Indy area. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah you would think they could schedule a game other than the Lion-Bears for the Indy area. 

I need the Bills and Vikings. :tvsmash:

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Should be 2 games on at 1pm today.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah I would rather watch the Bills-Vikings game for sure. I do have Fields on my fantasy team so it's not totally uninteresting to me.  Lol 

Good start for him 

There is game day thread for that in NFL General though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think Ryan goes in quickly if Sam Struggles.  A quick hook could really get the team behind Jeff as he shows them he is trying to win.

I do not think that a game or a few series is really saying anything vastly different. Both thought processes point towards a very short leash. 

• Like 1

I don't think Saturday has had a chance to eval and make any changes to the OLine.  Once that happens then a true evaluation on any of the QB's can be made.  Sam gives us a better chance to get more mobile today.  If the OLine doesn't get any better Ryan is going to look like crap again.  At least that's the way I see it.

Unfortunately, possibly being down 2 big TE's today isn't going to help either.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I don't think Saturday has had a chance to eval and make any changes to the OLine.  Once that happens then a true evaluation on any of the QB's can be made.  Sam gives us a better chance to get more mobile today.  If the OLine doesn't get any better Ryan is going to look like crap again.  t least that's the way I see it.

Unfortunately, possibly being down 2 big TE's today isn't going to help either.

If he has really been involved and working with strausser all along we may see changes pretty quick. Some may just end up being scheme  things within the offense.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he has really been involved and working with strausser all along we may see changes pretty quick. Some may just end up being scheme  things within the offense.

There is that chance.  I just wonder how much he has been in the building as a consultant?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Pretty sure all the oline warmup together. So the others would be out there with him.

No matter who starts at quarterback today...

I enjoy watching the entire Colts organization giving the media a huge middle finger right now.  

• Like 3

Just now, BlueShoe said:

I watched the game film from last week. I could not imagine us starting Pryor again. That was as bad as it gets...

He was never meant for RG.  Probably not OT either but he is better there. Still sucks, but better....