Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade targets

Coltivated

This team needs a spark.i personally believe an offensive weapon. Ballard routinely is not afraid to trade away picks. Give me one unrealistic and maybe one realistic trade candidate. 

Unrealistic got : kyle pitts = 1st round pick in 23 and a second in 24

Realistic I got: Dk Metcalf = 1st rd pick in 23

Under no circumstances should the team trade away any '23 picks at this point. If they are 6-1-1 prior to the trade deadline you consider it, but if things go very, very bad you don't want to go Houston Texans watching teams pick players with your top 5 pick. 

56 minutes ago, Coltivated said:

This team needs a spark.i personally believe an offensive weapon. Ballard routinely is not afraid to trade away picks. Give me one unrealistic and maybe one realistic trade candidate. 

Under what circumstance would a Metcalf trade be considered realistic?

1 hour ago, Coltivated said:

Ballard’s trades have routinely been in the off-season.   Off the top of my head, I don’t even recall a trade he made during the season trying to give the team a spark.

I think you started with a flawed premise.  

1 hour ago, Coltivated said:

I would never trade next years picks for a player. The  next GM is going to need them plus I think the Colts are gonna have their shot a low pick and their  Franchise qb.....finally. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard’s trades have routinely been in the off-season.   Off the top of my head, I don’t even recall a trade he made during the season trying to give the team a spark.

It might be a flawed premise but Ballard is no doubt feeling an extraordinary amount of pressure to make the playoffs if not more.  There is always a first time for everything.  He just might feel the heat enough that he will feel the need to do something.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

It might be a flawed premise but Ballard is no doubt feeling an extraordinary amount of pressure to make the playoffs if not more.  There is always a first time for everything.  He just might feel the heat enough that he will feel the need to do something.

Football Smh GIF by Indianapolis Colts

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yep. Checked our transactions page. Doesn’t look like Ballard has ever traded a player mid season.

The only exception was getting Brissett in 2017, but that was between week 1 and 2 I believe. Essentially, Ballard rarely if ever makes trades during the actually season. And if he does, he rarely uses draft capital…

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/ind/season/2022

3 hours ago, Coltivated said:

Well maybe we can swap our 20 million  guard straight for Metcalf? U know our transcdent guard who makes this Oline an elite line just by his mere presence.

31 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. Checked our transactions page. Doesn’t look like Ballard has ever traded a player mid season.

The only exception was getting Brissett in 2017, but that was between week 1 and 2 I believe. Essentially, Ballard rarely if ever makes trades during the actually season. And if he does, he rarely uses draft capital…

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/ind/season/2022

I believe we traded for Brissett right before the start of the season.  But he wasn’t ready to start the first week, so he sat the that week, then started week 2.    I think the trade involving Dorsett was either on or around the cutdown day. 

@Richard Pallo says there’s always a first time.   And technically he’s right.  But I think CB is smart enough to know a trade like this is an act of desperation, and trades like that rarely work out.   

I'd call both the Chiefs and Rams and try to shake a receiver loose from one of them.  Both those teams have guys who should be available.

Chiefs have Smith-Schuster who came in as a vet and missed time in camp with injury and is now behind the eight ball.  The other two depth types have looked good so maybe they're willing to talk moving him.

Rams have a UDFA who caught everything in preseason in McCutcheon who has yet to play.  Also they have a round 2 flyweight/speed type in Atwell who hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup.  Neither of them are going to play much so they'd take a pick just gotta haggle.

Goal would be a player who can insulate us from injury and give Ryan another option to help him get that ball out quick.

Only trade targets we should have are picks. We should be focused on a QB to pair with our new coach.  Not keep throwing good money after bad. Don’t let “all in” statements cause us to double down on a team that’s not where they thought it was. I hope I’m wrong but i see a team that has been assembled backwards with a ceiling of 10 wins and maybe a wild card win and a floor of 4-5 wins.

Right now we have a few guys that could net us some substantial returns that will be out of their prime by the time we will be ready to make a legitimate push with a new young star QB and dynamic weapons. 

but in hopes of me being wrong and that investing further in what we have is the right thing to do I’ll say trade for Elijah Moore from Jets or Toney/Golladay from Giants. 

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Take Kenny Golladay off the Giants’ hands since they don’t use him well. Eat half his contract and we will give you a 3rd rounder, otherwise it’s a 6th rounder.

My guess is as good as yours. :dunno:

Probably the only player I’d want that is realistic. High reward possibly 

10 hours ago, Dark Superman said:

If they were smart they would have signed Cole Beasley  before the season.

OBJ to Indy if they can manage to win a couple more games and go on a month long losing streak.

For the life of me I don’t know why the colts didn’t sign a proven security blanket type player like that 

20 minutes ago, Nickster said:

If we hire Center Groves HC and run the Wing T with SaM Bam maybe we can do something with this offensive assemblage of ahem talent.

Teams will figure CG this year. IMO... 

If Cathedral game was not at CG, I'd take Cathedral. 

I'd also take 4As, either New Pal or Roncalli over CG

13 hours ago, Coltivated said:

Ballard routinely trades away picks?  In what, fantasy football?  He trades picks in the draft for more picks...or to move up... 

He's traded a draft pick for a top 5 DT prior to the draft.... 

When is he routinely reading off picks for players?

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Teams will figure CG this year. IMO... 

If Cathedral game was not at CG, I'd take Cathedral. 

I'd also take 4As, either New Pal or Roncalli over CG

New Pal is nearly always good. In my area East Central is the top dog. Been blowing out teams left and right lately…

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

New Pal is nearly always good. In my area East Central is the top dog. Been blowing out teams left and right lately…

Roncalli and Cathedral too (nearly always good).

New Pal and Roncalli, great pound for pound teams (4As vs 5 and 6As)

I expect 4AC will be between NP and RHS... RHS whipped #5 Brebeuf last night, at Brebeuf. 

a trade wont make a single difference with the worst wr and tight end group in the nfl .   no left tackle no defensive ends and a past his prime QB who cant carry a team .      its better to get that top 5 pick this next draft is starting to look very promising with QB prospects .  i rather trade away all these under performing high paid players for draft picks and rebuild .   ballard failed in building a team

2 hours ago, jbaron04 said:

Lol another guy with inconsistent hands he would fit right in with the current group

Lol he’s better than any other receiver on the team not named Pittman.  He had a great year with Carr two years ago.  Stuck with NE right now.  Give him another veteran quarterback and will pick up right where he left off in Las Vegas.  A nice veteran pickup for the Colts.

Archived