Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags want to interview Eberflus

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Matt, don't go, not to that organization. If the Bears come calling, go right away but not to the Jags, they will always crash and burn eventually. :) 

Truthfully, the Jags would benefit from an offensive minded coach like Doug Pederson, to be honest.

8 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Has a team ever declined such a request?

Surely this is meant for after the season is over.

They just changed the rule to allow teams with a HC vacancy to request interviews in the final two weeks of the season, rather than during the playoffs. It's up to the person being requested to decline the interview.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

There has to be something there that makes football people not like him.  He’s been too good too long to not get a chance.  Maybe it’s his race but I doubt it’s just that.

I don't think it's his race. I think owners/GMs look for certain intangibles when they're hiring, and for whatever reason, Bienemy isn't checking those boxes. I also think some of those intangibles and gut feeling decisions are nonsense, and lead to bad decisions. Like Urban Meyer.

I also think, for some decision makers, Bienemy's past is too big of a red flag. Not for all teams, but some who won't touch him. 

Just now, Superman said:

I don't think it's his race. I think owners/GMs look for certain intangibles when they're hiring, and for whatever reason, Bienemy isn't checking those boxes. I also think some of those intangibles and gut feeling decisions are nonsense, and lead to bad decisions. Like Urban Meyer.

I also think, for some decision makers, Bienemy's past is too big of a red flag. Not for all teams, but some who won't touch him. 

Yeah I am thinking more along your lines.  I don’t really think it’s his race either.  I think it’s something else probably exactly what you laid out.

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

Bieniemy has done some disgusting things in his distant past but when you see that scumbag Urban Meyer getting an NFL HC job and not Bieniemy, it gets a little fishy. The NFL's not a place where morals are taken into consideration, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

Bieniemy has done some disgusting things in his distant past but when you see that scumbag Urban Meyer getting an NFL HC job and not Bieniemy, it gets a little fishy. The NFL's not a place where morals are taken into consideration, unfortunately.

What terrible thing did Urban do?

3 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

Covered up for that piece of filth receiver coach at Ohio St. for one. 

I can’t stand Urban Meyer but I highly doubt he’s the first or even the only coach to cover for star players. Infact, it’s been well known and for some reason I will never understand, the NCAA doesn’t come down on this stuff very hard. 

58 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

There has to be something there that makes football people not like him.  He’s been too good too long to not get a chance.  Maybe it’s his race but I doubt it’s just that.

There are some reports that he didnt interview well for head coaching jobs

Not sure if they actually know something or just speculation, some reporters put that out there though 

49 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yep just like the Colts did with Luck wait I mean Peyton wait dang it.

If they had hired an offensive minded coach in 2012, maybe we don't have 3 different coordinators in Luck's first five years. Maybe he doesn't get pummeled his first four seasons. 

But establishing that continuity -- even if your OC takes another job -- has some value. Ultimately, should probably just focus on hiring the best guy, but if I had to bet I'd put money on it being an offensive minded coach.

I would love it if he said no lol. That being said, is the Jags at all a desirable job right now? Sure you have Trevor Lawrence and a patient owner, but not much else. And at this point you’d be trying to fix Lawrence as much as you’d be trying to develop him. Doesn’t sound like an easy situation to succeed in.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Maybe scares off people that the last OC for the Chiefs was Matt Nagyhaha

2 hours ago, Superman said:

What did Bienemy have?

Archived