Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags want to interview Eberflus

Restinpeacesweetchloe

I think the Jags are likely to go with Leftwich. Best fit to me outside of Caldwell. Hes got history with them as a player. I think hes called some plays, former QB so that bodes well in developing Lawrence. Plus hes an OC. Kind of like a young Frank Reich in some ways.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

As far as I know he hasn't beaten up a woman

You know, I don’t think the subject of his chivalry is the best hill to die on, tbh. 

He’s been a * rotten human being. In multiple stops. Including the most recent one, which has been the mother of all crash and burns. 

Hiring known racist assistants, physically assaulting his own players, lying to his team to abandon them 800 miles from home so he can instead go out and grind on some floozey in a bar while his wife was… wherever it was she was… threatening co-workers jobs for telling the * truth about him…

And these are all just things he’s done this year. 

He’s a rotten human being, and when he doesn’t have a roster full of scared college kids playing for their educations and/or futures that he can bully into compliance and allow him to get away with his nonsense it turns out he’s a pretty * rotten head coach as well. 

“He hasn’t beaten up a woman”

I’m guessing it’s more along the lines of “never been caught” than “hasn’t”. His record reads a lot closer to miscreant than choir boy so saving the benefit of your doubt for someone more deserving is probably a good idea. 

7 hours ago, Les Poulains said:

Bieniemy has done some disgusting things in his distant past but when you see that scumbag Urban Meyer getting an NFL HC job and not Bieniemy, it gets a little fishy. The NFL's not a place where morals are taken into consideration, unfortunately.

A little fishy?

One has been a wildly successful head coach.       The other has never been a head coach.

One has won National Titles as a HC.        The other has been a successful OC,  but under another very successful offensive minded HC, so it's not clear that the OC is the one responsible.   

Fish?     Sorry,   I don't see it, at all

7 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What terrible thing did Urban do?

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic?

For what it's worth....   here's an article with a list.    Not in chronological order....    But for not even one full season,  it's a pretty embarrassing list.

https://news.yahoo.com/urban-meyer-biggest-mistakes-jaguars-070941926.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic?

For what it's worth....   here's an article with a list.    Not in chronological order....    But for not even one full season,  it's a pretty embarrassing list.

https://news.yahoo.com/urban-meyer-biggest-mistakes-jaguars-070941926.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

I was talking about before he took the Jags job.   

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

A little fishy?

One has been a wildly successful head coach.       The other has never been a head coach.

One has won National Titles as a HC.        The other has been a successful OC,  but under another very successful offensive minded HC, so it's not clear that the OC is the one responsible.   

Fish?     Sorry,   I don't see it, at all

Errr, OC's that perform very well get head NFL jobs all the time. Far more often than college coaches do. Nevermind a college coach like Meyer who had done some very questionable things before he got the job. It is fishy. It's almost like one of them has been penalized for his past and the other wasn't.

28 minutes ago, Les Poulains said:

Errr, OC's that perform very well get head NFL jobs all the time. Far more often than college coaches do. Nevermind a college coach like Meyer who had done some very questionable things before he got the job. It is fishy. It's almost like one of them has been penalized for his past and the other wasn't.

To your first sentence…..

Is the Chiefs success due to Bienemy or Reid?   Officially, Reid gave up the play calling a few seasons back, but with his long history of success some people wonder how much input he still has? 

And the difference as to why one gets the benefit of the doubt on being penalized….  One has never been a head coach, no track record.    Meyer has been successful everywhere he’s gone….  Quick turnarounds at Bowling Green and Utah.   National Chamionshios at Florida (Not far from J’Ville) and Ohio State.   All that success can buy you all sorts of opportunity and benefit of any doubt. 

12 hours ago, John Waylon said:

You know, I don’t think the subject of his chivalry is the best hill to die on, tbh. 

He’s been a * rotten human being. In multiple stops. Including the most recent one, which has been the mother of all crash and burns. 

Hiring known racist assistants, physically assaulting his own players, lying to his team to abandon them 800 miles from home so he can instead go out and grind on some floozey in a bar while his wife was… wherever it was she was… threatening co-workers jobs for telling the * truth about him…

And these are all just things he’s done this year. 

He’s a rotten human being, and when he doesn’t have a roster full of scared college kids playing for their educations and/or futures that he can bully into compliance and allow him to get away with his nonsense it turns out he’s a pretty * rotten head coach as well. 

“He hasn’t beaten up a woman”

I’m guessing it’s more along the lines of “never been caught” than “hasn’t”. His record reads a lot closer to miscreant than choir boy so saving the benefit of your doubt for someone more deserving is probably a good idea. 

Yeah, I dunno. I'm of the mindset that we probably shouldn't just go around insinuating that because someone has done lots of questionable and plenty of trashy things, we should just jump to "yeah he's a likely physical abuser of women". Sure, he has the capacity to be.....so do plenty if not most people.  You don't just assume they "more likely are than not". Nothing good comes from jumping on a slippery slide.

3 hours ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Please, he can go anywhere else but a division team

Eh, I'd be ok knowing that we would be able to come back on Jax very quickly no matter how much they may lead by....lol.

21 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Yeah, I dunno. I'm of the mindset that we probably shouldn't just go around insinuating that because someone has done lots of questionable and plenty of trashy things, we should just jump to "yeah he's a likely physical abuser of women". Sure, he has the capacity to be.....so do plenty if not most people.  You don't just assume they "more likely are than not". Nothing good comes from jumping on a slippery slide.

Eh, I'd be ok knowing that we would be able to come back on Jax very quickly no matter how much they may lead by....lol.

If the devil showed up today and made me wager my soul on “hasn’t” or “hasn’t been caught” there’s 0 question in my mind which one I would choose. 

On 12/28/2021 at 7:26 PM, Les Poulains said:

As for Eberflus, I've never been a massive critic of him, but isn't Ballard responsible for our defensive philosophy, anyway? If so, you'd trust Ballard to know what he'd be looking for in a replacement.

I'm not sure it's the worst thing in the world if he gets a big job. 

Sirrianni is doing a pretty nice job in Philly, but our offense doesn't seem to be struggling without him. My guess is, if we lose Flus Ballard will be prepared to replace him without missing a beat.

At some point, Flus is going to take a head coach position. I think he is smart enough to know he has a good thing here and will make sure everything is right if he is going to leave. The Jags have a solid young QB and likely another #1 draft pick, which is probably enticing... but the franchise seems to be a mess. A lot of stuff to weigh there.

6 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Sirrianni is doing a pretty nice job in Philly, but our offense doesn't seem to be struggling without him. My guess is, if we lose Flus Ballard will be prepared to replace him without missing a beat.

At some point, Flus is going to take a head coach position. I think he is smart enough to know he has a good thing here and will make sure everything is right if he is going to leave. The Jags have a solid young QB and likely another #1 draft pick, which is probably enticing... but the franchise seems to be a mess. A lot of stuff to weigh there.

Jags have a lot of nice pieces. Including a young pass rusher.

Caldwell would be a "safe" choice.  But he's not going to get them anywhere meaningful.  Which means he makes a lot of sense for a bad owner and front office.

The Jags owner has hurt his cred around the league.  It will be hard to attract a top name.  Their choices are the hot coordinator types many of which will pick other orgs ahead of Jax, and the safer types who have mediocre track records and would jump at any job like Caldwell.

Given that coordinator hires are very much hit and miss, and that most of them require a strong organization around them like a solid GM to succeed, it seems to me that they're likely to screw this up.

Archived