Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Titans at Colts Postgame Thoughts

EastStreet

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought today was a huge game not only in terms of standings and playoff picture but to gauge where this team is against a playoff quality team. 

Colts were fortunate with some big pass interface penalties and 3rd down penalties on the Titans. Regardless of the outcome/score I think the Colts are truly a tier below the Titans this year.

Kenny Moore was terrific today. He consistently stood out.

The defense was far from perfect but they did their job against Derrick Henry today.

I thought some were unfairly critical of Reich the other week with regards to the lack of rush attempts for Taylor given big passing plays and some penalties that week. The criticism is completely warranted after today’s game though. To say the offense was disappointing in critical moments today is putting it nicely.

Oof. 

This is more of the % I was hopeful we wouldn’t see any more of. Frank let Wentz have free reign today. Taylor became a spectator. 

Wentz was definitely not his best today. Which is all the more reason to utilize that emerging star RB, but Frank is gonna Frank. 

I’m disappointed. We gave this game away much more than we lost it.

We’ve seen what it can be. Makes days like today mega-frustrating. 

I don’t know what in the world Frank was doing today.  Taylor was running well and you are down to three WRs, one of which is a special teams ace more than a WR, and your QB was not making smart decisions yet you are trying to throw the ball like crazy?!

Also, I am not going to sell on Carson Wentz but we saw the reason the Eagles dumped him today.  These I am going to hold it and try to make something happen when it’s not there and then just throw the ball away isn’t poor decision making.  Then on the last INT he had Taylor wide open in space yet he forced it to Pittman in triple coverage.  Take what the defense gives you not what you want.

As for the defense I don’t care if it’s the secondary that’s bad or the inability to get a pass rush or most likely a combination of both something has to change this off-season in a major way because what they are doing now isn’t working.

Also Carl Cheffers and his crew are awful but the Colts made enough mistakes on their own not to complain about them too much.

3 minutes ago, ar7 said:

I thought today was a huge game not only in terms of standings and playoff picture but to gauge where this team is against a playoff quality team. 

Colts were fortunate with some big pass interface penalties and 3rd down penalties on the Titans. Regardless of the outcome/score I think the Colts are truly a tier below the Titans this year.

Kenny Moore was terrific today. He consistently stood out.

The defense was far from perfect but they did their job against Derrick Henry today.

I thought some were unfairly critical of Reich the other week with regards to the lack of rush attempts for Taylor given big passing plays and some penalties that week. The criticism is completely warranted after today’s game though. To say the offense was disappointing in critical moments today is putting it nicely.

Defense was sooo bad against the pass. 

The lack of balance was criminal. Wentz stunk in the 2nd half, but Frank has to recognize that. Titans weren't stacking the box so it was no excuse to continue forcing the ball down field. Frank needs to officially give up playcalling responsibility. It's time.

This and the Ravens loss are as bad as you'll get in a 5 year period, never mind a season. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

-Once again, we can't beat a good team.

-The secondary is dusted. You do the hard part and limit Henry, only to let Tannehill mostly kill you.

-Reich, usually I don't comment on the minutiea of coaching, but the gameplan was pure nonsense. And it was even bad on our first drive and when we were 14 up. Then it became worse as the game went on. Wentz; throws it 50 times when he could barely complete a pass. Also, you ditch Taylor when he's averaging like 4.5 ypc. Completely contradictory and lacking in awareness to what is working and what isn't.

-And finally Wentz: he's still Carson Wentz. He has talent, yes. He can make throws, yes. He also is one of the dumber QB's in the history of the league, sorry. 

Too many penalties against us.  Missed PI when Pascal was hit early. Wentz  was not sharp. Defense did good job stopping Henry but we let Brown make plays.Without Campbell and Hilton our receiving is short a playmaker. Cannot put all the receiving burden on Pittman's shoulders. He need some health.  No TE game today.  We need a playmaker on offense, a pass rush and help in the secondary.

We stop Henry all day. So advantage Colts. But Reich thinks:"Well, this is unfair. A good old wild west shootout will be much cooler than just running it down their throat and win it easily."

It's just exhausting to watch a good team playing under their possibilities because of bad play calling. Sure, our players don't execute everything perfectly. But I still think we could have a better record with other play calling. 

My opinion. :hissy:

1 minute ago, Les Poulains said:

This and the Ravens loss are as bad as you'll get in a 5 year period, never mind a season. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

-Once again, we can't beat a good team.

-The secondary is dusted. You do the hard part and limit Henry, only to let Tannehill mostly kill you.

-Reich, usually I don't comment on the minutiea of coaching, but the gameplan was pure nonsense. And it was even bad on our first drive and when we were 14 up. Then it became worse as the game went on. Wentz; throws it 50 times when he could barely complete a pass. Also, you ditch Taylor when he's averaging like 4.5 ypc. Completely contradictory and lacking in awareness to what is working and what isn't.

-And finally Wentz: he's still Carson Wentz. He has talent, yes. He can make throws, yes. He also is one of the dumber QB's in the history of the league, sorry. 

It’s time to admit what Colts fans don’t want too,  Tannelhill is good and AJ Brown is special.  This is not the same old can only run with Henry Titans.  They can beat you throwing the ball just as easily and proved that today.

1. Reich stinks. He stinks bad. Worse than bad... 17 runs.... 51 throws.... and it's not like our run game wasn't working.... we totally forgot about the run for a very long time in the middle of the game, and totally in OT. What ever happened to balance. Just dumb dumb dumb... And what the hell was that play call down by our own goal line... 
    • You're intellectually dishonest if you sunshine pump this away... 
  2. Monster game by Pittman.
  3. Our pass D sucked again... Down Julio, Brown gets 150+.... And Henry was gimpy and you still let Brown get drop a buck fifty on you.... 
  4. With Lewis likely gone for the season, Dayo and Rochell better be ready to play.... 
  5. Reich stinks.... 

Archived