Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Rules for Covid 2021 / positive tests ( merge)

runthepost

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is easier said then done once it starts costing them games/

Frank is delusional if he thinks this is not already a distraction. His QB is missing valuable time after missing tons of practice time due to injury, his best players are bad toss of a dice away from missing any game. Good luck with that not being a distraction. 

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I'd guess that he isn't anti-vaccine, just more cautious on this one, which I can understand.

(and before I get replies, Yes I am vaccinated I just try to understand the opposing view point instead of demonizing them for thinking different. This part isn't pointed at you iuswingman just felt like I almost need to add a disclaimer to all my posts on this thread lol.)

^^^ This is well put. 

I also think people should stop demonizing those that have the opposite view. One person wrote a well written post yesterday (that you and others replied to) and fans were calling to lock the thread. He did not say anything political. He stated his point and backed it up with other examples; others could agree or disagree. I hated to lock the thread. :facepalm: 

He actually made an excellent point. Are we fans upset that players are tested for drugs? Given the responses to the NFL COVID rules, one would think that these same individuals would be clamoring to end drug testing too. 

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Is this whole article of being "selfish and a bad teammate" because he's not vaccinated?

I'd guess that he isn't anti-vaccine, just more cautious on this one, which I can understand.

(and before I get replies, Yes I am vaccinated I just try to understand the opposing view point instead of demonizing them for thinking different. This part isn't pointed at you iuswingman just felt like I almost need to add a disclaimer to all my posts on this thread lol.)

Yep. I have the 1 shot J & J vaccination but refuse to demonize anyone with opposing views. Otherwise, it is the end of civilized society in terms of tolerating views diametrically opposite to yours, pretty much on any front, religion, politics, vaccines etc. and having a discussion instead of a collision over it.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Good thread here until the video goes up.

I'm not a fan of how the local media covers this team. I hate that this presser was ENTIRELY about Covid. But it was appropriate, and necessary, given yesterday's news.

Meanwhile, we get no info about anything happening on the field. Reich opened talking about the trade for Pryor, no questions about what position he'll play, who the starting LT will be, what's happening on the OL, what's happening at WR, RB, Fisher's status, Dayo's timeline, Nelson's status, etc., etc. A bunch of topics that could have been discussed, but instead, they had to ask about Covid and vaccination statuses. And it was the right thing to do.

Just giving the guys that I'm normally critical of some recognition. 

22 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not a fan of how the local media covers this team. I hate that this presser was ENTIRELY about Covid. But it was appropriate, and necessary, given yesterday's news.

Meanwhile, we get no info about anything happening on the field. Reich opened talking about the trade for Pryor, no questions about what position he'll play, who the starting LT will be, what's happening on the OL, what's happening at WR, RB, Fisher's status, Dayo's timeline, Nelson's status, etc., etc. A bunch of topics that could have been discussed, but instead, they had to ask about Covid and vaccination statuses. And it was the right thing to do.

Just giving the guys that I'm normally critical of some recognition. 

Seems like the Colts PR guy interrupted the press availability at the end. No idea if they would have eventually moved past COVID questions and I realize Reich probably has other responsibilities he needs to attend to, but would have been nice to hear answers to some of those questions indeed. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Seems like the Colts PR guy interrupted the press availability at the end. No idea if they would have eventually moved past COVID questions and I realize Reich probably has other responsibilities he needs to attend to, but would have been nice to hear answers to some of those questions indeed. 

They went 10 minutes. It seemed typical to me.

4 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

See everyone that was screaming that Carson was selfish this and selfish that need to chill he was never a issue only kelly

Kelly has been vaccinated.

Not an opinion, a fact - unvaccinated players have a much higher probability of not being available for games. 

I don't care if you call that selfishness or not.  But if it results in a game being forfeited and players losing a game check, not to mention possibly missing the playoffs, when it could be prevented - then you have to admit they're not doing everything they can to help the team.

Just now, Smonroe said:

Not an opinion, a fact - unvaccinated players have a much higher probability of not being available for games. 

I don't care if you call that selfishness or not.  But if it results in a game being forfeited and players losing a game check, not to mention possibly missing the playoffs, when it could be prevented - then you have to admit they're not doing everything they can to help the team.

That was wrong info. He either isn’t vaxed or isnt considered fully vaxed. Keefer had the wrong info.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

i wonder who told you that? did covid whisper in your ear or something and go pssst if your not vaccinated your more likely to get it worst. No Fact is that Covid doesn't care if your vaccinated or not you'll all still get it regardless

9 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

See everyone that was screaming that Carson was selfish this and selfish that need to chill he was never a issue only kelly

It could happen again in 4 days, and at some point most certainly will.  You can take it to the bank - some of the best players on this team will be missing games due to being unvaccinated.

6 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i wonder who told you that? did covid whisper in your ear or something and go pssst if your not vaccinated your more likely to get it worst. No Fact is that Covid doesn't care if your vaccinated or not you'll all still get it regardless

That has nothing to do with it.  Read the NFL rules for vaccinated vs unvaccinated players.  I'm not going to explain them to you.

Don't turn this into a Covid debate, there's another thread for that.  This is about the consequences - FROM THE NFL and approved by the NFLPA.

15 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

That was wrong info. He either isn’t vaxed or isnt considered fully vaxed. Keefer had the wrong info.

Just read that.  Again, this isn't about Covid, this is about the NFL rules and the consequences of being vaxed or not.  It's pretty clear that unvaccinated players are at a greater risk for availability.  There should be no debate over that.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Just read that.  Again, this isn't about Covid, this is about the NFL rules and the consequences of being vaxed or not.  It's pretty clear that unvaccinated players are at a greater risk for availability.  There should be no debate over that.

I just posted some good news in the covid thread. Mod should post it soon.

12 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

If you can't see the difference, it's your absolute right to maintain that 2+2 =/= 4.

29 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Not sure where you got that fact.  From the data I have seen the vaccine can prevent people from getting Covid and if you do become infected it can reduce the impact.  

6 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Not sure where you got that fact.  From the data I have seen the vaccine can prevent people from getting Covid and if you do become infected it can reduce the impact.  

While that's true, people will still want to debate it.  Usually with something they read on the internet.

But what cannot be debated are the rules set down by the NFL and approved by the NFLPA.  It's not debatable that unvaccinated players have a much greater risk of missing games, and they will not be paid for those games. 

And if a team has to miss a game due to Covid issues, they will forfeit that game and none of the players will be paid for it.

21 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Better late then never I guess.

Does the NFL protocol apply to 1 or 2 shots for Moderna and Pfizer? Because for the rest of us, it was 4 weeks before we were fully vaccinated. So even doing it (first shot) this weekend means they aren't vaccinated until October.

10 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Does the NFL protocol apply to 1 or 2 shots for Moderna and Pfizer? Because for the rest of us, it was 4 weeks before we were fully vaccinated. So even doing it (first shot) this weekend means they aren't vaccinated until October.

Pretty much the same which is why I said better late than never. 

14 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

They can get the j and j. They aren’t considered fully vaxed until 14 days after the J and j or 14 days after the second shot.

11 hours ago, Andrew_Luck said:

a "vaccine" the Government magically whipped together seemingly overnight

Incorrect. There was existing research and vaccinations from the SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV viruses, both of which were coronaviruses that were very similar to SARS-CoV-2 (Covid 19), which led to much faster vaccine creation since they didn't have to start from scratch. The mRNA delivery technology has also been in development for over 10 years. None of this was "overnight".

51 minutes ago, NDWentzFan said:

This has yet to be proven. They have potential to miss fewer games but that doesn't mean they will.  

So far I think the Cowboys have 1 person schedule to miss week 1 due to the COVID process and that is a vaccinated player.  

There's nothing to prove or not prove. Based on the NFL's rules, vaccinated players will miss less time than unvaccinated, especially if they're just close contacts.

https://nflpa.com/posts/daily-covid-testing-is-the-key-to-a-full-nfl-season

And now comes the part where somehow everyone suddenly becomes self-aware that this season isn’t going to go as smoothly as anyone thinks it is…

Better late than never, I guess. 

Tretter is right, though. Everyone needs to be subject to daily testing. The testing standards were drafted up when they really weren’t quite sure how the vaccinated would handle covid. And while the vaccine is doing a wonderful job weeding out the really ugly cases, it’s not actually putting a lid on covid and it’s spread. The league needs to go back to daily testing for all players. At least for this season because this storm isn’t gonna magically stop brewing this winter.

Last season was, in many way, a miracle. The league and teams really went the extra mile to protect the product as much as they could. Games were moved, schedules changed, protocols enacted…

This season is just a * show waiting for the opening bell. 

:dunno:

On 9/7/2021 at 4:49 PM, Shive said:

Incorrect. There was existing research and vaccinations from the SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV viruses, both of which were coronaviruses that were very similar to SARS-CoV-2 (Covid 19), which led to much faster vaccine creation since they didn't have to start from scratch. The mRNA delivery technology has also been in development for over 10 years. None of this was "overnight".

There's nothing to prove or not prove. Based on the NFL's rules, vaccinated players will miss less time than unvaccinated, especially if they're just close contacts.

Unless they test every player daily, it could be worse.   Unvaccinated can get and transmit covid.   If they aren't being tested daily they could spread to more than an unvaxed player that is tested everyday

Archived