Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Rules for Covid 2021 / positive tests ( merge)

runthepost

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Ballard needs to get control. It’s pretty clear all three of these guys were unvaxed. That probably puts Wentz out week one if he is positive. This team has a bunch of selfish players on it.

I believe Kelly is vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

If I am not mistaken, Wentz and Kelly have not disclosed their vaccination status (nor do they need to for the public). Plus, they can still contract Covid and be placed on Covid Reserve EVEN IF they are vaccinated (such as with Reich). Stop blaming our players for a world wide health crisis, when we don’t even know their vaccination status.

If you are wearing a mask at practice and when asked about being vaccinated you answer "It's a personal decision", then you are not vaccinated. Nobody who is vaccinated would ever answer that question in that manner.

Just now, Derakynn said:

If you are wearing a mask at practice and when asked, you answer "It's a personal decision", then you are not vaccinated. Nobody who is vaccinated would ever answer that question in that manner.

That’s a bold assumption. I wear masks to work every day, as do most of my coworkers, and we are almost all vaccinated.

Also, even if that is the case, that only accounts for one of the two men I mentioned.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Miss the first game?

On Sept 12?

Most of the people in this thread assume that Kelly and Wentz aren’t vaccinated when they have never disclosed their vaccination status; in addition, some even seem to think that being vaccinated prevents you from contracting Covid, despite Reich proving otherwise. Be patient with them not counting dates correctly.

Just now, stitches said:

Yes, someone correct me but I think for unvaccinated people they have a mandatory 14 days quarantine by the league. 

That’s if they have contracted Covid. It hasn’t been confirmed that any of them contracted Covid, they could be on the list as close contacts, like Nelson likely was

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Most of the people in this thread assume that Kelly and Wentz aren’t vaccinated when they have never disclosed their vaccination status; in addition, some even seem to think that being vaccinated prevents you from contracting Covid, despite Reich proving otherwise. Be patient with them not counting dates correctly.

Kelly is vaccinated but Wentz you can’t blame anyone thinking he’s not.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

Here is some info from for the colture guy. If this is right we are ok.

For those keeping track at home…

Vaccinated:
Reich (positive)
Eberflus (positive)
Kelly (positive)

Unvaccinated:
Nelson (negative, close contact)
Pascal (negative, close contact)
Wentz (negative, close contact)

Great rule @NFL 

I am genuinely curious where he got these vaccination statuses. Did he ask the players directly? I don’t think he’s lying, just curious if players were willing to disclose them to him.

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

That’s if they have contracted Covid. It hasn’t been confirmed that any of them contracted Covid, they could be on the list as close contacts, like Nelson likely was

Yes, I was responding specifically for that case. 

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Kelly is vaccinated but Wentz you can’t blame anyone thinking he’s not.

Oh if I was a betting man I would bet money that he’s not. But jumping to the 100% concrete assumption that he isn’t with zero confirmation from the man himself (or really anyone close to him, i.e. Colts media) is foolish.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

One of the colture guys has a good point. This close contact thing is dumb because these players go every where and you never know who they come in contact with.

Keefer reported it. Let me go find it.

Thank you. I believed you, just wanted to see who was reporting it. Keefer is definitely a reliable source.

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

So the fact Wentz has to isolate it’s proof he isn’t vaxed.

Does it? I’m pretty sure the official rules are that if you are a close contact, you must isolate until you get a negative test. Again, I don’t think he is vaccinated, but jumping to assumptions is unwise

Archived