Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Rules for Covid 2021 / positive tests ( merge)

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Unless they test every player daily, it could be worse.   Unvaccinated can get and transmit covid.   If they aren't being tested daily they could spread to more than an unvaxed player that is tested everyday

Daily testing would definitely change things and I think it's warranted. Honestly, I think the delta variant threw a wrench in some of the current protocols, making them a a bit dated, since one of the prevailing thoughts at that time was that vaccinated people were highly resistant to covid and weren't able to spread it. Delta changed that and I think daily testing again will be the best thing they can do at this time to help mitigate spread within the organization.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Let’s hope Wentz, Leonard and Kelly were among those who finally took the step.

Based on their most recent pressers, I highly doubt it.

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Does it matter if staffers aren't vaccinated?

I want to say that there were rules around certain "tiers" of staff having to be vaccinated and a few teams let assistants go that refused to get vaccinated. It may have not been a mandate, but it could have been that the rules for unvaccinated staff made it that much more difficult to operate in a way that even resembles "normal".

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

Daily testing would definitely change things and I think it's warranted. Honestly, I think the delta variant threw a wrench in some of the current protocols, making them a a bit dated, since one of the prevailing thoughts at that time was that vaccinated people were highly resistant to covid and weren't able to spread it. Delta changed that and I think daily testing again will be the best thing they can do at this time to help mitigate spread within the organization.

Based on their most recent pressers, I highly doubt it.

I want to say that there were rules around certain "tiers" of staff having to be vaccinated and a few teams let assistants go that refused to get vaccinated. It may have not been a mandate, but it could have been that the rules for unvaccinated staff made it that much more difficult to operate in a way that even resembles "normal".

I believe unvaccinated staff could not have access to players. So I think it’s safe to assume any staff around the players is vaccinated.

I wonder how the new OSHA Covid mandate will affect NFL teams.

All the franchises have over 100 employees.  But, as far as OSHA regs are concerned, are players considered employees or independent contractors?

The new rule does allow for weekly testing in lieu of vaccination.  And I know that NFL players are getting regularly tested already.  So, maybe this won't impact teams all that much.  I was hoping this might have been the impetus for our holdouts to finally go ahead and take the plunge.

5 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

I wonder how the new OSHA Covid mandate will affect NFL teams.

All the franchises have over 100 employees.  But, as far as OSHA regs are concerned, are players considered employees or independent contractors?

The new rule does allow for weekly testing in lieu of vaccination.  And I know that NFL players are getting regularly tested already.  So, maybe this won't impact teams all that much.  I was hoping this might have been the impetus for our holdouts to finally go ahead and take the plunge.

I'd guess employees. They get health care for themselves and their families.

Seems like Zach Pascal might of decided to get vaxed or he is not following protocols lol. He has been posting a lot of stories on Instagram with no mask in the locker room room.  Hope he is vaxed and not defying protocols.

• 1 month later...

Just as I expected players aren’t following protocols anymore. He is still wearing a mask in his presses so I am sure he isn’t vaccinated. Pascal has been posting a lot of stuff unmasked also when rules say he should be wearing a mask. He hasn’t done a presser so he might of got it. Same with Eric Fisher. Unmasked in the locker room. Unless he had covid while also being vaccinated. He wouldn’t be fully vaxed because you have to wait so long after testing positive.

6 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Just as I expected players aren’t following protocols anymore. He is still wearing a mask in his presses so I am sure he isn’t vaccinated. Pascal has been posting a lot of stuff unmasked also when rules say he should be wearing a mask. He hasn’t done a presser so he might of got it. Same with Eric Fisher. Unmasked in the locker room. Unless he had covid while also being vaccinated. He wouldn’t be fully vaxed because you have to wait so long after testing positive.

With Hardknocks crews around, I would hope they wouldn't be openly flouting the protocols, but who knows. This may blow up enough that a media member asks about it in a press conference. It'll be interesting to say the least.

20 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

That's a false conclusion to draw... plenty of vaccinated people still wear masks. 

• Like 1