Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Rules for Covid 2021 / positive tests ( merge)

runthepost

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

When they do, a few stars might walk away. The stars will then have to choose between money and principle.  It'll be interesting for sure.  I think the NFL is afraid of seeing who chooses which.  I know my employer is holding off for that reason. We at my job might lose 2/3 of our workforce.  But my coworkers don't make millions.  Players do.  Money is a great motivator...

Yeah same thing is happening with nurses, some hospitals that I know are about to lose 1/4th of their nurses, when they are already have a shortage. Overall it will be the patients that suffer.

But I don't think the NFLPA would allow it, there would be lawsuits that would last 5 years and the NFL won't want the bad press.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah same thing is happening with nurses, some hospitals that I know are about to lose 1/4th of their nurses, when they are already have a shortage. Overall it will be the patients that suffer.

But I don't think the NFLPA would allow it, there would be lawsuits that would last 5 years and the NFL won't want the bad press.

Unless there’s something in the CBA (or state/federal labor law) expressly forbidding it, the owners would be well within their rights to require vaccination.

It’s not like they have to get the NFLPA’s permission for everything they do.  That’s not how collective bargaining works.  Things that are outside the CBA fall under management rights.

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

Unless there’s something in the CBA (or state/federal labor law) expressly forbidding it, the owners would be well within their rights to require vaccination.

It’s not like they have to get the NFLPA’s permission for everything they do.  That’s not how collective bargaining works.  Things that are outside the CBA fall under management rights.

Yeah, but like most union's they will fight tooth and nail for any amount of leverage and the threat of Lawsuits and bad press will hurt the NFL's bottom line.

Like my brother's union if management buys them Pizza they will either throw it in the trash or just never touch it haha 

1 hour ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah, but like most union's they will fight tooth and nail for any amount of leverage and the threat of Lawsuits and bad press will hurt the NFL's bottom line.

Like my brother's union if management buys them Pizza they will either throw it in the trash or just never touch it haha 

Trust me, as a union employer, I get it.

But lawsuits would be futile - unless there is something in the CBA (or in a player’s contract) that contravenes such a requirement.  And I seriously doubt there is.  There’s probably no legal holdup to requiring vaccination, now that it’s FDA approved.

As for PR, maybe.  But when has that stopped the NFL before? 

23 minutes ago, open window said:

The low vaccine rate pisses me off more than the Trev Alberts pick

Why?  Frank was vaxed and still missed time due to a positive covid test.    A lot of vaxed individuals are still getting it.   Vaxed players will miss time this season.   

Looking at some of the pictures and videos the colts put up leaving yesterday it looks like Hilton decided to get vaxed. You know the ones wearing a mask getting onto the plane are unvaxed most likely. But no mask it means they are vaxed.

It is kind of sad some of the leaders on this team aren’t leading the way on getting vaxed.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Looking at some of the pictures and videos the colts put up leaving yesterday it looks like Hilton decided to get vaxed. You know the ones wearing a mask getting onto the plane are unvaxed most likely. But no mask it means they are vaxed.

It is kind of sad some of the leaders on this team aren’t leading the way on getting vaxed.

So true

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If they are not showing any symptoms with or without the vaccine,  what's the difference?

NFL rules are different for vaccinated and non-vaccinated players for how long they have to be out. While a positive test could cause either to miss a game, one is able to come back faster than the other.

The fact that noone else got put on COVID list today is a positive. Good sign for us avoiding a breakout in the OL room.

Still not out of the woods because it takes time for infections to get caught sometimes, but I hope it's just Fisher and Q's close contact will remain the only sidelined player for now. 

It also means he will probably clear protocol sooner and be ready to play unless he tests positive in the following days.

33 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

what is the time limit for close contacts ?  is it still 5 days or if nelson is unvaxed is it longer?

5 days as long as he doesn’t test positive. He should be back WED.

Reich also said Fisher is at a place in his rehab he can do everything from home. I still expect him though to miss 2 or 3 games. He is going to need some practice time.

Moving forward, I would not bring in a single player who isn't vaccinated. You're playing Russian roulette.  You could have an amazing season, but lose your QB or other star players right before the Super Bowl.

Archived