Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Rules for Covid 2021 / positive tests ( merge)

runthepost

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Then why exactly are they on the Covid list? Other than Reich testing positive, I couldn't find the reason for these players being on the list. 

Like I said it could be contact tracing, they may have had close contact with someone who has tested positive recently.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, Wentzszn said:

If the colts truly are over 50% that number very well go up once their are roster cuts depending on where the percentages are. If it’s players who are assured a spot they could end up close to 100%.  Maybe once roster bubble guys actually make the team they get it too.

If I'm on the bubble and want to make the team, I get the poke proactively, on my own, way before this point.  It just seems like a smart way to help my chances.

30 minutes ago, Coltsfan98 said:

Like I said it could be contact tracing, they may have had close contact with someone who has tested positive recently.

It’s not contract tracing most likely. Players had to start being tested yesterday. It was just because the start of camp. They were most likely positive. Carrie and Rhodes might of been because of contact tracing because they play the same position. Most likely though just a positive test for both.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:33 AM, The Fish said:

Elaborate, because I'm not struggling to think of reasons that's an officious, manipulative, not really following the science kinda rule.

Sure, if you catch CoVID despite being vaccinated, youve made your best effort to protect the people around you.  You just got unlucky.

If you aren't vaccinated you've just proven that you are either lazy, underinformed, or indifferent about posing a health hazard to others.

I see very good reasons to treat the two groups differently.  a vaccinated person has tried to do his duty to be as safe as possible to be around, I don't see an equivalency to someone who hasn't.  And that's why the unvaccinated person should be more susceptible to penalty.

24 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s not contract tracing most likely. Players had to start being tested yesterday. It was just because the start of camp. They were most likely positive. Carrie and Rhodes might of been because of contact tracing because they play the same position. Most likely though just a positive test for both.

There was an Olympic athlete that ended up on the list because he sat behind a person who tested positive.   So it maybe contact tracing.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Then why exactly are they on the Covid list? Other than Reich testing positive, I couldn't find the reason for these players being on the list. 

I always thought the COVID list meant exposure...not necessarily a positive test.

On 7/26/2021 at 11:39 AM, CamMo said:

And made him less likely to spread it to others. 

That's a point that really needs to be emphasized more.  The vaccine makes it mugh harder for the virus to propagate in your body and spread from you to others.  even if you develop symptoms, which happens at about 2% of the rate it does among unvaccinated people, you are still far safer to be around than someone who never took steps to protecr yourselves

On 7/27/2021 at 7:36 AM, lollygagger8 said:

What if a player is vaccinated and gets the virus and he infects an unvaccinated player who was following protocol. Will the unvaccinated player get punished ?

Yes.  Because the unvaccinated player is a far greater risk to further spread the virus among his own teammates.

It doesn't really matter where an unvaccinated person got the virus from, he's as much of a walking bioweapon regardless of origin point.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Well there is the answer 

Yeah I was afraid of that.

Sorry dude, the health of a leader isn't a personal decision anymore.  You're there to lead your team into battle, if you can't do that because sometime around Week 10 you're hacking up a lung in some ER, that's not leadership.  Especially if all you had to do to avoid it was get a couple pokes in the arm a few weeks apart

Someone earlier was talking about the long term risks of vaccination.  Consider the longterm risks of unvaccination

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

I don't think a little hart trouble 30 years from now compares

I am not that worried if Carson isn’t vaccinated. He seems like a guy that will be going to work then just going home to his wife. Hopefully she is smart. 

Rivers has nine kids who were in school last year and he avoided the virus.  Carson should be fine. He got pretty detailed about having to be smart during the season so it doesn’t wreck the team. 

Paye is vaccinated because he had no mask on.

31 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I think what Kent Sterling says here about players not wanting to share if they are vaccinated is right. Why not use this time to educate why you decided not to get vaccinated. It could be a good convo.

I can see his point, but I can also see Wentz not wanting to alienate any of his teammates, vaccinated or not. Whether that is Wentz' reason for not going into detail or not is something we will probably never know. Not everyone wants to be a vocal advocate and it looks like Wentz is choosing to keep his decision and his reasons to himself. 

7 minutes ago, Shive said:

I can see his point, but I can also see Wentz not wanting to alienate any of his teammates, vaccinated or not. Whether that is Wentz' reason for not going into detail or not is something we will probably never know. Not everyone wants to be a vocal advocate and it looks like Wentz is choosing to keep his decision and his reasons to himself. 

For all we know he could be vaccinated. Just using extra mask protection. And like you said not taking a side keeps him neutral so he doesn’t alienate any team mates.

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Yeah I was afraid of that.

Sorry dude, the health of a leader isn't a personal decision anymore.  You're there to lead your team into battle, if you can't do that because sometime around Week 10 you're hacking up a lung in some ER, that's not leadership.  Especially if all you had to do to avoid it was get a couple pokes in the arm a few weeks apart

Someone earlier was talking about the long term risks of vaccination.  Consider the longterm risks of unvaccination

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

I don't think a little hart trouble 30 years from now compares

For all your superlatives, it's not a battle either..... You know no more than these players have been informed of, trust me.... They've been provided more info than we have available without doing extensive legwork on our own.... They are an investment, and the investor made sure to have info/drs/scientists on hand.  These guys have made an informed decision.  You and I might not agree with it, but so what.  (I'm fully vaccinated btw) and think everyone probably should be.... But no one cares about what I think either....

I support most peoples decisions on whether or not to get vaccinated.    However, I think that if you are making millions of $$, maybe you should suck it up and get the vaccination so that the team doesn't have to deal with as much crap.  They are putting the team that is paying millions at risk.   

Heck, I got vaccinated to go to Maui for my daughters wedding.   I wish the players would get vaccinated to help the Colts win.  

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Posted already?

It was pretty much the number one story…..   Yesterday!    Old news.   But thanks anyway! 

Figured as much. Probably in one of the many pages of unread training camp stuff. I just looked at the topics under Colts Football. 

26 minutes ago, life long said:

Figured as much. Probably in one of the many pages of unread training camp stuff. I just looked at the topics under Colts Football. 

No worries.   We’ve all done that.  I’ve done it several times.   Sorta comes with the territory.    No biggie.    :thmup:

8 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

It was so fun to have football back. I am getting to the point I think where I don’t care who is vaccinated. I can’t control who is. So just going to enjoy football and pray it doesn’t effect the season.

Lamar Jackson is now on the covid list again. He has had it twice lol. So expect the unexpected.

Same boat, it doesn't effect me lol. I just can't wait to see some football again haha. At least it seems everyone is in agreement in the thread

I don’t hold any negative feelings towards those who aren’t vaccinated. I wish our guys would get better informed and get the vaccine, but it’s their choice to do so or not. Honestly, I feel like the protocols put in place for those who aren’t vaccinated would maybe wake some of them up knowing it could cost us games, but, again, that’s their decision. Just hope it doesn’t keep us from making the playoffs or beyond. 

17 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I don’t know if Keefer is just guessing here or if he knows this as a fact.

Maybe Wentz doesn’t want to create any division by answering it.

I’ve been vaccinated since April but continue to wear a mask indoors because my son is too young to be vaccinated. Nowadays with Delta being so infectious, it makes even more sense to continue wearing a mask indoors. 

I don’t know whether Wentz is vaccinated or not. And I understand the perspective of not trying to create division within the team by disclosing his status.

However, as a purported leader, it would also make sense to lead by example on an issue that is clearly so divisive and whose impact can make the difference between playing in January.

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

I don’t hold any negative feelings towards those who aren’t vaccinated. I wish our guys would get better informed and get the vaccine, but it’s their choice to do so or not. Honestly, I feel like the protocols put in place for those who aren’t vaccinated would maybe wake some of them up knowing it could cost us games, but, again, that’s their decision. Just hope it doesn’t keep us from making the playoffs or beyond. 

With their position on a team and the money they are making, I think they should suck it up and get the vaccine.   

1 hour ago, Los1sol said:

From the video I’ve seen, Taylor refuses to disclose his status.

If you listen to the entire thing he talked about friends who ended up in bad shape from covid. He said he wants nothing to do with covid and is doing everything possible. He also did not have the mask on his face when talking to the media.  It did seem like he was saying he was vaccinated.

Archived