Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Rules for Covid 2021 / positive tests ( merge)


runthepost
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

This is brilliant actually, that frees up 3 spots on the 53 to stash a couple guys that will eventually take TY's and Ehrlinger's spots when they put them on IR to return!  They can lift them from the COVID list next Monday and all is well....

The covid players are still on the 53.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

One of the colture guys has a good point. This close contact thing is dumb because these players go every where and you never know who they come in contact with.

Keefer reported it. Let me go find it.

 

Still no source on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Except Chloe is right. Close contacts go on COVID list if they are not vaccinated. Vaccinated players don't... unless I'm completely mistaken but I think I'm not. Those freaking rules are a pain to remember... 

 

I was just going through the protocol, and it's very confusing. I'll need some time to get it straight in my head. Up to this point, I haven't been very interested in trying to figure it out, but I'll be digging in at some point soon since the season is about to start.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

I was just going through the protocol, and it's very confusing. I'll need some time to get it straight in my head. Up to this point, I haven't been very interested in trying to figure it out, but I'll be digging in at some point soon since the season is about to start.

I saw something regarding the official rules just yesterday when I was reading about Nelson’s placement on the list, but when I looked again just now no dice...if I find it I’ll try to link it here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I saw something regarding the official rules just yesterday when I was reading about Nelson’s placement on the list, but when I looked again just now no dice...if I find it I’ll try to link it here

 

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1627485241/league/z62pmhkip5is8ohxmqza.pdf

 

If you have something easier to digest, please post it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

I was just going through the protocol, and it's very confusing. I'll need some time to get it straight in my head. Up to this point, I haven't been very interested in trying to figure it out, but I'll be digging in at some point soon since the season is about to start.

This seems like a good summary, unless it's been changed since then:

 

E4Bdsd5VkAU5fWL?format=jpg&name=small

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upload/v1627485241/league/z62pmhkip5is8ohxmqza.pdf

 

If you have something easier to digest, please post it.

Not the entire rule set, but a valuable chunk of it from PFT:

 

“Vaccinated players do not have to isolate after close contact with someone who tests positive, but unvaccinated players must remain away from the team for a minimum of five days. Vaccinated players who test positive for COVID-19 can return after consecutive negative tests 24 hours apart.”

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/26/colts-place-quenton-nelson-on-covid-19-reserve-list/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Mine says the same.

This thread requires that every comment is approved by a mod before posting. Threads around Covid have proven to derail easily from the actual topic at hand and also end up containing quite a bit of disinformation. It ends up impossible to keep up with moderation on the topic if we don't do this.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I get the same cautionary note.     As Shive has noted, it's to try and help prevent a small fire from turning into an out of control raging fire.     I can't find fault for that idea.      I think it's a fair to all approach.

 

These are incredible times we are living in.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not everything is a lie there can be an honest miscommunication.

IMO the most likely case is that he's either in the process of getting vaccinated(only has gotten one vaccine) or has been doubly vaccinated but 2 weeks have not passed since his second vaccine and the league doesn't count him as 'fully vaccinated' yet. 

 

I doubt he straight up lied to Keefer, but who knows... people do and say the weirdest stuff around those vaccines. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO the most likely case is that he's either in the process of getting vaccinated(only has gotten one vaccine) or has been doubly vaccinated but 2 weeks have not passed since his second vaccine and the league doesn't count him as 'fully vaccinated' yet. 

 

I doubt he straight up lied to Keefer, but who knows... people do and say the weirdest stuff around those vaccines. 

Or keefer misunderstood something he said who knows.  Any of what you said or I said could be true.  We just don’t know.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive changed the title to Rock and Turay on covid list
  • NFLfan locked this topic
  • Shive unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...