Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Rules for Covid 2021 / positive tests ( merge)

runthepost

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO the most likely case is that he's either in the process of getting vaccinated(only has gotten one vaccine) or has been doubly vaccinated but 2 weeks have not passed since his second vaccine and the league doesn't count him as 'fully vaccinated' yet. 

I doubt he straight up lied to Keefer, but who knows... people do and say the weirdest stuff around those vaccines. 

He doesn’t seem to be that type of person

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I get the same cautionary note.     As Shive has noted, it's to try and help prevent a small fire from turning into an out of control raging fire.     I can't find fault for that idea.      I think it's a fair to all approach.

These are incredible times we are living in.....

the simpsons GIF

BTW... just in case people don't realize it yet - this will continue happening all season long and big portion of the leaders and best players on the team are not vaccinated - Wentz, Leonard, Q, Kelly(?), Fisher... those will be at a risk of missing pretty much any game if a case pops out in close proximity to them and cases will continue to pop up with the way this delta variant is spreading around. 

We were lucky this time the game is not at the end of this week. 

This Covid list for players is becoming frustrating. I understand why the NFL has these rules, but just venting about the whole situation. I wonder if we will ever go back to the way it was a couple years ago when no one had to worry about close contact, etc. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

BTW... just in case people don't realize it yet - this will continue happening all season long and big portion of the leaders and best players on the team are not vaccinated - Wentz, Leonard, Q, Kelly(?), Fisher... those will be at a risk of missing pretty much any game if a case pops out in close proximity to them and cases will continue to pop up with the way this delta variant is spreading around. 

Unfortunately that is the nature of the beast, as it is. It will be something to watch throughout the season.

7 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

So if all three were vaccinated they would be at practice today .  There is no 5 day wait for close contacts for players who got the shot .

Yes, that's correct. At least that's the way I understand the rules. 

26 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

So if all three were vaccinated they would be at practice today .  There is no 5 day wait for close contacts for players who got the shot .

If this is correct, I would start to get a bit annoyed with these guys. Free world and all, but we are running out of time and they will get in contact with the damn virus anyway. 

Sorry for rant. 

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Wentz you can’t blame anyone thinking he’s not.

Honestly, I think you can blame people for making assumptions, because a lot of grief and problems have been created just because people pass assumptions as facts.

8 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Injuries/Covid is our team in shambles to start? Or is it just because we follow the Colts. I just want to know if other teams have been feeling like us. We haven't started the season yet and so many of our big name guys have had some kind of issue, including Coach Reich :(

I think I saw somewhere the Seahawks had 89/90 players vaccinated(before the cuts). All teams have their own issues and injuries, but Colts are probably among the teams worst off on the COVID front. 

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

So Wentz will only miss one practice lol.

I wonder how they decide how much time the players miss? Is it 5 days from being put on the list(doesn't seem like it?) or 5 days since he's been in close contact with the person who tested positive?(seems more likely if he's going to be back on Thursday)

I figured out why it seemed Nelson only had to miss 4 days. It’s because they are getting tested everyday and it goes by when the player had contact last with that positive person. So Wentz contact with the staffer must of been on Saturday. Therefore he can come back Thursday. They only have a walk through tomorrow and practice Wed. So Wentz should be back at practice Thursday.

42 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

So it is true. These covid guys don’t count on the 53. So this is going to help them a ton keep guys they may have had to release. 

Which would be a way to keep Ehlinger on the 53 for 24 hours before then being put to IR.  (Assuming I'm understanding the rules correctly)

18 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Which would be a way to keep Ehlinger on the 53 for 24 hours before then being put to IR.  (Assuming I'm understanding the rules correctly)

Yep. Since it looks like these guys won’t miss much practice this all works out better then expected. It helps keep some guys we would of had to waive and hope to get back. Let’s hope they these three Dont test positive and are back this week. Maybe a conspiracy to keep some guys. Lol

2 hours ago, stitches said:

This is really going to challenge the league, and the Colts.

Bruce Arians said he doesn't care about the new guidelines and his ball club are going to operate under the same stringent rules from last season. If I'm the Colts, I'm doing something similar. Also, you have to have some kind of backup plan that's viable. Can Eason start and willy-pip Carson? Can this team cope without Darius Leonard? Is Danny Pinter ready? It's impossible to be two-deep at every position, and that's the dream clubs have had but this year, more than ever, the DEPTH is going to be a major competitive advantage alongside vaccinations.

Can people please stop posting personal comments about players?

This topic is already one that causes people to vent and in case you could not tell, we are not welcoming that sort of posting here.  There's no resolving it, there is no end to it,

So please keep your posts factual and about the team/NFL and not your views on what the team/NFL/player should be or do

It is what it is

We understand your frustration, we're frustrated too.

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Injuries/Covid is our team in shambles to start? Or is it just because we follow the Colts. I just want to know if other teams have been feeling like us. We haven't started the season yet and so many of our big name guys have had some kind of issue, including Coach Reich :(

I think it might be the case with a lot of teams. I read last week that the Vikings had the lowest vaccination rate. 

I know we respect a person’s right to make certain decisions for themselves but there are instances where the good of the public overrides the individual choice: (i.e. wearing seatbelts).

Now, we have players going on and off the COVID list and will probably have this situation for a while.

So players who have gotten vaccinated will pay the price for those who choose not to be vaccinated. I understand you can still get the virus, after vaccination but it just seems this would be less of an issue if the NFL would mandate getting the vaccine as a requirement to play professional football. 
       Players are required to abstain from marijuana, even in states that have legalized it.

Common sense should prevail. Maybe it will get so bad, they’ll have to do something.

13 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I wonder how our % of players vaxxed will look after cut downs?  I know we will probably have key players without the vaccine, but hopefully there will be a higher percentage of players that have received it.

I think it could down actually.  It’s pretty well believed around the league that if you are guy at the bottom of the roster not being vaccinated could very well cost you a roster spot so logic would seem to suggest the vast majority of those players are vaccinated and every team in the NFL is going to have to cut 27 of them.

• NFLfan locked this topic

Archived