Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Rules for Covid 2021 / positive tests ( merge)

runthepost

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

FWIW, here's a tracker from Sharp on players by team who've hit the Covid list. Also, last I read, 94.1% of all players were fully vax'd.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.c

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

FWIW, here's a tracker from Sharp on players by team who've hit the Covid list. Also, last I read, 94.1% of all players were fully vax'd.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/covid-19-list-tracker-for-players-nfl-policies/

om/analysis/covid-19-list-tracker-for-players-nfl-policies/

Thank you for sharing that. Considering how many players are in the NFL and the amount of close contact they have with each other, the percentage of players testing positive is very small. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Wentzszn said:

I am a little confused. I thought unvaccinated players were not allowed to leave town because they still have to be tested everyday. Leonard went to SC. He left yesterday on a private jet and is on his way back today. Maybe he ended up getting vaccinated?

If he left yesterday and is coming back today,   he can still be tested  everyday

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

If he left yesterday and is coming back today,   he can still be tested  everyday

Yeah. But he didn’t get back until last night. Would he have gotten tested that late?  What happens if he missed a day? I think I remember Newton when he missed a few days couldn’t go back in building for five days.

I also very nervous seeing all our players on vacation. I know they are vaccinated but Buckner went to Disneyland. Some are in florida on a beach. Kenny Moore went to Valdosta state. I think Pittman went to CA.

NFL updated protocols and are basically going back to last years rules. No more charity events. Limiting house guests ect. Testing doesn’t change.  Vaccinated players now have more ways to get off the covid list sooner.

No guests on road trips for the vaccinated. So that means no family in AZ on Christmas. No more eating together in the facility.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

here we go batman GIF

Not having rock will hurt but I actually think we have good depth with Rogers and Rhodes will have to play more snaps. I think we are ok. Turay might be a close contact. 

Both of them are Muslim so I am pretty sure that is why they are not vaccinated. You can tell by stuff that is posted by colts and what Turay posts they are unvaccinated. 

Hopefully no one else has it. This is why when you see a player out with a illness you hold your breath because it can turn up positive later.

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I would rather have our non-vaccinated players get "covid" or test positive this week vs any other week. It's a significant advantage having your top players already test positive for Covid or avoid extra testing protocols come playoff time

Ten days would be the Saturday before raiders. So that is cutting it close. Let’s hope no one else shows up positive.

I don’t know what the Colts are doing different regarding Covid,  but whatever it is, it’s been working great! 

We’ve had so few cases up to now.  I’d guess we’re among the fewest cases of any team in the league.    Hope we can keep it up, but everything I read says this wave is going to be big.   Perhaps the biggest.   

Hoping for the best……….    

• Like 2

Just now, Colts1324 said:

I would rather have our non-vaccinated players get "covid" or test positive this week vs any other week. It's a significant advantage having your top players already test positive for Covid or avoid extra testing protocols come playoff time

Unvaccinated players get 90 days, right, after being on the list? Much like Aaron Rodgers? 

https://www.yahoo.com/now/aaron-rodgers-gets-90-day-130548124.html

• Like 2

• Shive changed the title to Rock and Turay on covid list
1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Both of them are Muslim so I am pretty sure that is why they are not vaccinated. You can tell by stuff that is posted by colts and what Turay posts they are unvaccinated. 

It really doesn't matter whether they're vaccinated or not, let people do what they want

Both vaccinated and unvaccinated players have been hit by it...

If you're gonna judge people by their vaccination status instead of their character that's on you

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, tvturner said:

It really doesn't matter whether they're vaccinated or not, let people do what they want

That isn't a comment on whether or not they should be vaccinated. Whether they're vaccinated is, however, relevant as to how fast they could potentially come back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tvturner said:

If you're gonna judge people by their vaccination status instead of their character that's on you

Yep. I was just trying to provide context. I cant be for sure they are unvaccinated but stuff colfs have posted and Turay have posted pretty sure they aren’t. BTW I didn’t mean religion was the reason. I just meant I imagine a lot of players use that excuse.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Not having rock will hurt but I actually think we have good depth with Rogers and Rhodes will have to play more snaps. I think we are ok. Turay might be a close contact. 

Hopefully no one else has it. This is why when you see a player out with a illness you hold your breath because it can turn up positive later.

Yeah, Muslims can get vaccinated ... And it's more often seen as an obligation for many adherents of Judaism and Islam.

Making claims like that really shouldn't be done here, not that you intended any malice, but it gets so easily picked up and run away with.....

• Like 2

Colts have been really good keeping players with any kind of illness out of practice to avoid any spending even if it’s non covid. Bobby never tested positive so let’s pray for Nelson. Because we are now at a point where this could bleed into raiders game.

Just now, SchlicterSZN said:

Yeah, Muslims can get vaccinated ... And it's more often seen as an obligation for many adherents of Judaism and Islam

I clarifies what I meant. I meant to say they are using religion as a excuse.

• Shive unpinned this topic