Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Rules for Covid 2021 / positive tests ( merge)


runthepost
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Colts have been really good keeping players with any kind of illness out of practice to avoid any spending even if it’s non covid. Bobby never tested positive so let’s pray for Nelson. Because we are now at a point where this could bleed into raiders game.

I clarifies what I meant. I meant to say they are using religion as a excuse.

Yeah, I get that.  I get frustrated because there's literally no basis for the claim if that's their religion....at least not any consensus and generally accepted enough to get any exemption.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Yep. I was just trying to provide context. I cant be for sure they are unvaccinated but stuff colfs have posted and Turay have posted pretty sure they aren’t. BTW I didn’t mean religion was the reason. I just meant I imagine a lot of players use that excuse.

 

Probably more appropriate to say that's their reason, not excuse since you don't know their true feelings on the matter 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glue and general cold are going around Indy really bad right now as well. Nelson may not have COVID.

 

If they do get COVID, they better get it now and not in the playoffs.

 

Vaccinated players are getting it like crazy also, I don’t think there has been any correlation between the vaxed and unvaxed on who gets Covid, just who is allowed by the NFL to return faster.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Glue and general cold are going around Indy really bad right now as well. Nelson may not have COVID.

 

If they do get COVID, they better get it now and not in the playoffs.

 

Vaccinated players are getting it like crazy also, I don’t think there has been any correlation between the vaxed and unvaxed on who gets Covid, just who is allowed by the NFL to return faster.

 

Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that can cause common cold too, and co-incidentally the current Omicron variant, the majority of the symptoms are like a bad cold. So unless you get tested, might be harder to know the difference. At least with the delta variant, fever shows up in a LOT of cases.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hate to say this but I can see Wentz or Leonard on the list before we play the Raiders. I hope I am wrong but with Christmas get together's this worries me. It can screw our whole season up. 

This is why I am glad we play on the road. Players leave Friday. NFL changed protocols where there is no more family allowed for anyone in road trips I believe. It’s a prime time game so they won’t get back until early morning Sunday. Most won’t be having family members. We do need to worry about Nelson turning into covid and close contacts before  if Saturday. It could put our entire oline out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is why I am glad we play on the road. Players leave Friday. NFL changed protocols where there is no more family allowed for anyone in road trips I believe. It’s a prime time game so they won’t get back until early morning Sunday. Most won’t be having family members. We do need to worry about Nelson turning into covid and close contacts before  if Saturday. It could put our entire oline out.

I know every game is huge but if Wentz is out vs the Raiders all of the sudden that game turns into a game we could lose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know every game is huge but if Wentz is out vs the Raiders all of the sudden that game turns into a game we could lose.

This is why I said we need to beat  AZ. With covid no game is guaranteed.  This might sound dumb but I think Taylor is more important then Wentz right now.
 

Reich said in a presser that he has put himself in a bubble to protect himself. Hopefully Wentz has done the same.

 

Tomorrow is a big day for Nelson. Probably ok if he doesn’t go in list. Colts are being extra careful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

This is why I said we need to beat  AZ. With covid no game is guaranteed.  This might sound dumb but I think Taylor is more important then Wentz right now.
 

Reich said in a presser that he has put himself in a bubble to protect himself. Hopefully Wentz has done the same.

We need that Raiders game more because of tiebreakers but Saturday is big.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need that Raiders game more because of tiebreakers but Saturday is big.

You missed the point. You want to win AZ because you never know when there will be a covid outbreak and you will lose a bunch of players. Win this weekend and a loss anywhere becomes easier to take. So win while you can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

You missed the point. You want to win AZ because you never know when there will be a covid outbreak and you will lose a bunch of players. Win this weekend and a loss anywhere becomes easier to take. So win while you can.

I know what you are saying (just in case guys can't play vs the Raiders we will be 9-6). If we win this week and lose to the Raiders it would be worse IMO compared to losing this week and beating the Raiders is all I am saying. We need that Raiders game, we win that we are all but in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know what you are saying (just in case guys can't play vs the Raiders we will be 9-6). If we win this week and lose to the Raiders it would be worse IMO compared to losing this week and beating the Raiders is all I am saying. We need that Raiders game, we win that we are all but in.

But the other teams also have two more games to play. Losing one is better then 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

But the other teams also have two more games to play. Losing one is better then 2.

Realistically every game is big, if the Raiders beat us they would own the tiebreaker which could knock us out if we both end up 10-7. Lets just take it week by week and see what happens.

Just now, craigerb said:

IMHO Losing 3 is the worst.

You have a point that would stink :funny:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If you lose to AZ and covid then hits bad  against raiders we are done.

Even if covid hits remember Raiders beat Browns on lasts second fg when browns were down 10 starters and 18  players.... we are better then Browns so unless we lose 12-14 starters and 22-24 overall we are in decent shape vs L.V.......just saying

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Could they make the trip if they receive a negative test before they leave for Arizona?

I think yes. It’s just one negative test within 24 hrs if vaccinated. Reich said they aren’t ruled out but don’t expect them. It would be rare to get a negative test that quick. Turay looked a little ill on a IG story he posted. Unless they were picked at random they probably have symptoms they reported if vaccinated.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, James said:

I’m just happy that we have Pinter and Reed to step in and not experience that much loss of quality. 

it can be if someone goes down who is the 3rd string center if pinter gets hurt?   colts also like to bring in extra linemen to run the ball .    add in having no backup safeties really now and the colts are thin .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

it can be if someone goes down who is the 3rd string center if pinter gets hurt?   colts also like to bring in extra linemen to run the ball .    add in having no backup safeties really now and the colts are thin .

It’s Reed lol. I assume fries would then play guard if Pinter OT Reed goes down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday it was announced that the CDC has relaxed the Covid quarantine from 10 days to 5 days. There is no reason why the NFL and Player Union to reduce the 10 days rule to 5 days. If they test negative as of today they can be back by Sunday for the Raiders.  Another proactive idea by NFL/Colt management is to test for antigen (antibodies) to alert them how much protection they have going forward. ( My kids and grandkids tested positive and could not join us for Christmas. They have tested negative in a few days.)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Yesterday it was announced that the CDC has relaxed the Covid quarantine from 10 days to 5 days. There is no reason why the NFL and Player Union to reduce the 10 days rule to 5 days. If they test negative as of today they can be back by Sunday for the Raiders.  Another proactive idea by NFL/Colt management is to test for antigen (antibodies) to alert them how much protection they have going forward. ( My kids and grandkids tested positive and could not join us for Christmas. They have tested negative in a few days.)

Until the League releases the new rule, it’s all speculation. My guess is they will change it, it’ll be released sometime today or tomorrow. We may get a few guys back, but I doubt we get them all back. Any that went on yesterday or today(hopefully none) will likely not be back in time. We shall see though. I’d love to get the guys that were positive first back, that’s a majority of our starters that are on that list 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...