Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael strachan is going to be a dawg!!

Rolltide_gocolts

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Just curious, what does he have different?

his size plus speed .  he is the height of mo allie cox but has the speed of ty hilton .   that is extremely rare as most big body jump ball type wrs are slower than the small faster guys like hilton .   strachan has both elite speed and calvin johnson size , he is just raw and will need some time .   imagine if he gets his route running skills up to ty hilton level .   it would be like having a 6 ft 6 ty hilton on the team who can catch jump balls over every one .

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

his size plus speed .  he is the height of mo allie cox but has the speed of ty hilton .   that is extremely rare as most big body jump ball type wrs are slower than the small faster guys like hilton .   strachan has both elite speed and calvin johnson size , he is just raw and will need some time .   imagine if he gets his route running skills up to ty hilton level .   it would be like having a 6 ft 6 ty hilton on the team who can catch jump balls over every one .

He's our young Julio Jones!

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He's our young Julio Jones!

i have a feeling he will end up being the steal of the draft .   we all have high hopes for paye and dayo but no one is expecting strachan to be good .   i heard ballard and the coaches are raving about how good he looked in practice .   he will put on a show in preseason !

56 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i have a feeling he will end up being the steal of the draft .   we all have high hopes for paye and dayo but no one is expecting strachan to be good .   i heard ballard and the coaches are raving about how good he looked in practice .   he will put on a show in preseason !

I appreciate your optimism and hope you're right but you're posting on the wrong forum. We don't like optimism on this site so please refrain from positive posts.

No offense to the OP, because I love me some enthusiasm......but saying a 7th rounder is going to be all that before he's even made the team or played a down, is the exact same blind folded throw at a dart board that what a waste of a 7th round pick comment is.

We just don't know. That said, I'd rather a fan be enthusiastically wrong....that negative nancy correct. 

56 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hes 6'5 220 with 4.4 speed

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

I really like Strachan, but he doesn't have TY speed, or even 4.4 speed.

His official time was 4.54, which is still great for being 6-5. 

TY was 4.34, which is blazing/elite. I'd say TY is probably mid ~4.4s at this point in his career. 

Mike-Strachan-RAS.jpeg?w=703

t.y.-hilton-ras-10264.png?resize=806,522

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

TY was 4.34, which is blazing/elite. I'd say TY is probably mid ~4.4s at this point in his career. 

In one of the post draft interviews, Colts mentioned they clocked him at 4.46. 

Also, Strachan excelled in track and was disappointed in his pro day time. Said they did other things like bench press reps prior to running his 40. Said it impacted his time 

You're right, but 4.5 is still very fast for a guy his size.

10 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

In one of the post draft interviews, Colts mentioned they clocked him at 4.46. 

Also, Strachan excelled in track and was disappointed in his pro day time. Said they did other things like bench press reps prior to running his 40. Said it impacted his time 

I'm sure he's clocked better than 4.54 at times. Reality is most guys don't clock their best ever time at the combine or pro day (although pro days have a history of some home cooking). And typically guys in pads and playing aren't coming all that close to their best times. 4.54 or mid to high 4.4s is great for a big guy like I said, so not saying he doesn't have great measurables. My favorite trait of Strachan's is his "my-ball" attitude, which I'm not sure if Patmon has. Strachan's biggest hurdle will be route running and the step up in competition. I like his odds better though than Patmon's. I really both to be honest though.

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalowdown.com/2021/03/20/buffalo-bills-not-draft-wide-receiver-prospect-mike-strachan/amp/.  I keep seeing articles with him at 4.46 40 I found like 30 of them and mike has said it himself in interviews.  

10 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Donate Moncrief

Deion Cain

Daurice Fountain

Hopefully he changes the trend.

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

Donte moncrief was good , he is highly underrated and better than pascal .   Overall you are correct about off season hype though . I wasted money on a Derrick Rogers jersey after one big game ….. worst decision ever 

11 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalowdown.com/2021/03/20/buffalo-bills-not-draft-wide-receiver-prospect-mike-strachan/amp/.  I keep seeing articles with him at 4.46 40 I found like 30 of them and mike has said it himself in interviews.  

He ran a 4.52 at his pro day in WVA.  (Indy Star said it was 4.54).

It's nice to get excited about size, but let's see this guy play against NFL defenders before we decide that he's Julio or Duron.

Every year, there's one lower round or UDFA wideout and/or QB that gets Colts fans super excited. It's not the offseason if this doesn't happen :D

The odds are slim, last one i remember 'hitting' was Pierre Garcon, it's really long odds. Remember that.

11 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Donate Moncrief

Deion Cain

Daurice Fountain

Hopefully he changes the trend.

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

Moncrief was a 3rd rounder though. Not sure he belongs in that HYPE list. He was a 3rd rounder and he performed well.

I don't agree with the poster who said he is/was better than Pascal.

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

Moncrief was a 3rd rounder though. Not sure he belongs in that HYPE list. He was a 3rd rounder and he performed well.

I don't agree with the poster who said he is/was better than Pascal.

Moncrief was a good example of a good player who never seemed to elevate his game.  Pascal improved his, and more importantly, he found ways to be a necessary part of the offense.  

Just now, Smonroe said:

Moncrief was a good example of a good player who never seemed to elevate his game.  Pascal improved his, and more importantly, he found ways to be a necessary part of the offense.  

I think this is fair. Moncrief was a 3rd rounder who played as such and not more, maybe worse. Pascal has consistently outperformed his draft status.

I'm not sure we'll find out what Michael can be this year; however, I'm hopeful a year on the practice squad will yield some very positive results for this young man. He does have measurables that warrant some attention by the coaches. Next year the Colts may produce a real diamond in the rough. We'll see.

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Donte moncrief was good , he is highly underrated and better than pascal .   Overall you are correct about off season hype though . I wasted money on a Derrick Rogers jersey after one big game ….. worst decision ever 

You are sitting pretty if that was your worst decision ever.  

I can understand the excitement with Strachan.   He's got good size and speed for a 7th round pick..

I don't know how he will do but I think it was a great pick in the 7th round. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/nfl-draft-ranking-10-best-seventh-round-picks-since-2000/iy4ybg05w3271uvmjy7j3irqt/10 

As a sophomore, Strachan became the first receiver in program history to record a 1,000-yard season, and he followed that up with an even more productive junior season. Then, like many draft hopefuls below the NCAA’s top level, he lost his senior season.

The fall schedule was canceled because of coronavirus precautions, and Strachan opted out of the spring to focus on his pro career. His size turns heads immediately, and it’s accompanied by some big numbers. In a little more than two seasons at Charleston, Strachan caught 127 passes for 2,332 yards and 27 touchdowns.

He really caught NFL evaluators’ attention after joining the pro day workouts at West Virginia. Strachan posted an explosive 10-foot-7 broad jump and ran a 4.54-second 40-yard dash with an even more impressive 1.55-second 10-yard split.

But Strachan said he can do better. He competed in a couple of other drills before running the 40 — an unsual format at a pro day — and he said he’s posted times in the 4.3 range in the past.

“The speed aspect for me comes natural because I also run track,” he said.

https://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/draft-preview-strachan-has-potential-as-late-round-steal/article_1915fd18-a3c1-11eb-b764-1f28412abcc7.html

Strachan and Chad Kelly are going to dominate the shadow NFL — where all the sidelined secret weapons play out of everybody’s view.

In all seriousness, it would be awesome if we hit paydirt with a late rounder WR.  Our receiving corps still has question marks.  But let’s not get over our skis.

14 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

In all seriousness, it would be awesome if we hit paydirt with a late rounder WR.  Our receiving corps still has question marks. 

The last time the Colts hit on a lower Rd. WR was Pierre Garçon, so the Colts are due. 

14 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

But let’s not get over our skis.

Yep, seen this before. 

D. Cain

R. Fountain

G. Whalen

D. Patmon (still on roster)

10 minutes ago, MPStack said:

The last time the Colts hit on a lower Rd. WR was Pierre Garçon, so the Colts are due. 

Yep, seen this before. 

D. Cain

R. Fountain

G. Whalen

D. Patmon (still on roster)

Duron Carter, Derrick Rogers.. And many more pre-camp "stars".

I still have hopes for Patmon, and I hope Fountain makes it with the Chiefs.  He seems like a quality guy.

As for Strachan, we really won't know anything until the preseason games.  

23 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Mike Hart is still the king. Tim Fugger is a distant second. Roy Hall is still hanging out in the background hoping people stop forgetting him sometime soon. 

No way. Mike Hart's threads and post count do not even come close to the amazing Kelly. Besides, Mike played in 21 NFL games.

Again I understand the trepidation !! I just have the same feeling about him that I had about JT week 6.. I told y’all then he would be a Derrick Henry(ish) game wrecker… I got scolded lol!! Let’s just see.. he could fizzle out like the rest, I see him being the play maker in this offense we wanted funches to be 

29 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

Again I understand the trepidation !! I just have the same feeling about him that I had about JT week 6.. I told y’all then he would be a Derrick Henry(ish) game wrecker… I got scolded lol!! Let’s just see.. he could fizzle out like the rest, I see him being the play maker in this offense we wanted funches to be 

I hope you're right.  But I think there's a better chance that he doesn't see the field this season.   If he shows out during the preseason, they may have to do a Patmon on him and keep him on the active roster.

Just a random thought - but don't you think every team's fanbase has that "special hidden gem" that they expect to break out and wow the league?  Was our Cain last year?  

Archived