Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael strachan is going to be a dawg!!

Rolltide_gocolts

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, NewColtsFan said:

If you make me decide at this minute, Patmon goes to the PS if we can get him there before he’s claimed.  

I don’t see him beating out Strachan.   And I value Dublin on STs.

But in Patmon’s defense, after a very slow start to camp, his last few days he appears to had a nice bounce back.  And, the staff thought enough if him to carry him on the 53 I think for the entire season.   So they must see something?!?   

The last round of cuts will be more interesting this year than any other year since Ballard arrived. 

No way I’d risk trying to put Patmon in the practice squad. I think Dulin is gonna be the odd man out barring injury.  Campbell, Patmon, & Strachan all look like keepers.  Those 3 with TY, Pittman, & Pascal will be the 6 receivers kept imo. Harris & Dulin to practice squad if possible. Though I’d expect a team like Philly with Colts connections would try to grab either. 

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

No way I’d risk trying to put Patmon in the practice squad. I think Dulin is gonna be the odd man out barring injury.  Campbell, Patmon, & Strachan all look like keepers.  Those 3 with TY, Pittman, & Pascal will be the 6 receivers kept imo. Harris & Dulin to practice squad if possible. Though I’d expect a team like Philly with Colts connections would try to grab either. 

I guess it depends on Patmon’s value on Special Teams.   I think that’s what it will come down to.   Patmon had a nice game today.   But guys who are 5th and 6th in the pecking order have to contribute on ST.   Does Patmon?    I don’t know.   He’s going to have to show that the next two pre-season games. 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I guess it depends on Patmon’s value on Special Teams.   I think that’s what it will come down to.   Patmon had a nice game today.   But guys who are 5th and 6th in the pecking order have to contribute on ST.   Does Patmon?    I don’t know.   He’s going to have to show that the next two pre-season games. 

Yeah but with our injury history, I think we need as many receivers as possible who can suit up and be difference makers as receivers on game days.  I’d rather find another gunner to pair with Odom (our special teams pro bowler) if need be before letting a guy like Patmon go.  He and Strachan really attacked the balls thrown to them and showed great hands today.  Patmon has 2 more weeks to make his case over Dulin & Harris.  We really have some nice depth at wideout this year.  Really hate to lose any of our top 8. 

Something Venturi said today to watch is who is playing on the punt coverage units because coaches don’t normally put guys on that unit that don’t have a good chance to make the roster because of the teaching that goes into it.  So maybe see if Patmon starts playing punt coverage.  If he does that probably helps his cause greatly.

3 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Yeah but with our injury history, I think we need as many receivers as possible who can suit up and be difference makers as receivers on game days.  I’d rather find another gunner to pair with Odom (our special teams pro bowler) if need be before letting a guy like Patmon go.  He and Strachan really attacked the balls thrown to them and showed great hands today.  Patmon has 2 more weeks to make his case over Dulin & Harris.  We really have some nice depth at wideout this year.  Really hate to lose any of our top 8. 

There are gonna be some tough cuts coming up. 

7 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

For the first time in a long time, the Colts won't have too much of a reason to be discount shopping from other teams cuts.

Ahhh, i'm being enthusiastic, the corners could use work, the O-line too could arguably use pieces (LT is a problem league-wide though so cuts may not help). 

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

For the first time in a long time, the Colts won't have too much of a reason to be discount shopping from other teams cuts.

Ahhh, i'm being enthusiastic, the corners could use work, the O-line too could arguably use pieces (LT is a problem league-wide though so cuts may not help). 

If we can replace Tevi that would be nice. I believe the #2CB position will come alive this season. There's a plate at the table who's hungry. RYS, Rogers, Tell, and Carrie(hope he is okay) need to take their game to the next level. The sooner Paye gets back the better our D is going to shine if it stays healthy. Chachere was a feisty and has a nose for the ball, he'd make a better S than CB. Miniature LaRon Landry.

On 8/14/2021 at 10:34 PM, Stoney said:

Nothing wrong with being a #2 

I think he's just saying Strachan looks like a much more talent player, more physically gifted, and a more fluid runner. Which none of that is wrong. Course there is a lot more that goes into being a WR tho. But he does bring up something I've always noticed that no1 ever seems to say, and that's that Pittman does run really stiff. Almost awkward looking really. He also has virtually no explosion off the line at all. I think he makes up for it with other parts of his game tho.

You definitely seem to get every bit of what I was trying to say.  Appreciate the assist

11 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I think they keep six right now I think that group in no particular order is

TY

Pittman

Paris

Pascal

Strachan

Patmon

i think Duhlin is the odd man out and I expect Black to make the practice squad if he keeps this performance up.

4 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

I agree cuts might not be the way to find a stronger backup LT.  We have the ammo to trade for one so I hope that’s what Ballard ends up doing.  I know I have NCF on board with that suggestion.  LOL.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I agree cuts might not be the way to find a stronger backup LT.  We have the ammo to trade for one so I hope that’s what Ballard ends up doing.  I know I have NCF on board with that suggestion.  LOL.

We aren't trading for an LT

9 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I have been on record for the last 3 years begging for the Colts to draft WR with a high pick. Ballard has built the depth it appears ......without using that high pick. I was dead wrong. 

Agreed. Strahan, Black, Patmon, and Vaughns are all looking like possible depth pieces. My dream here after one week of preseason would be to keep Strahan and Patmon as the 5th and 6th receivers on our team, and be able to keep Black and Vaughns on the practice squad. We'll see how that changes in the next 2 preseason games.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

I think it’s safe to say this is not another late round guy we drafted to shine in camp and not do anything in games. He is the real deal. Non of these others like Cain did much in preseason games. Cain even got that two spot after funchess went down and couldn’t do anything with it

Cain did well against the Bears in preseason, but overall i think his issues were associated with work ethic and character. Strachan i dont think has a problem with either.

Archived