Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Weekend: Colts @ Bills, Jan. 9, 2021, 1:05 PM EST

NFLfan

Just now, StatesmanN said:

I mentioned a few days ago that while Rivers can do some intermediate stuff, the 2 things that you need in today's NFL are mobility/run, and the ability to throw the ball downfield 20 yards or more with RPM/spin.

So far that is 3 balls that Rivers has thrown today more than 20 yards that lacked velocity and if they had been throw with a little more?  Would have been completed. 

It really is that simple and it is going to be a reason why the Colts can't go all the way this year.

And they never will with Rivers.

Rivers is top 10 in deep ball average. You left out the deep 23 yarder he hit TY on in that clear out route, and Buffalo even blitzed (and cheated getting a flag).

• Like 1

Just now, CardiacColts said:

Great tackle MANIAC!!! That image belongs in a textbook! We got this guys. Offense needs to clean up the drops, and D needs to keep the pressure on! We can do this. I believe in OUR COLTS! Let's Gooooo!

Nailed it! The boys have to play well, but they can beat these guys.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Have you seen the catches Diggs has made already? Sorry man, passes aren't always perfect. Elite WRs make adjustments and contested grabs. 

Agree to disagree man. That was at his hip... Throw it out front its a td 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Have you seen the catches Diggs has made already? Sorry man, passes aren't always perfect. Elite WRs make adjustments and contested grabs. 

Such is the symbiotic relationship. Good WRs can bail out QBs, elite QBs make average receivers look like elite guys. 

I still haven't forgiven Luck for ending Wayne's career effectively :lol:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sure, but doesn't change the fact that Taylor has the best catch % in the NFL of all positions, and has a better YAC and AVG than Hines IIRC. It's intellectually dishonest to dismiss the tape and pure stats.

These guys don't seem to understand that everyone drops passes . Happens 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Especially when at this point anything outside a loss is just gravy. We made the playoffs, but I think we all realistically now we're not on the level of some contenders. Bills have got their guy, fair play to them.

Exactly! Enjoy the ride. Could be the last one of the year. Let’s see where that defensive stop gets us 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

You do know TY is older and 3'-5" right?  He's never been a player to attack passes.... He should be running crosses at this point, we just don't.....

I agree he should move to slot, but he's historically been great at using his body and adjusting to make hard catches.

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Such is the symbiotic relationship. Good WRs can bail out QBs, elite QBs make average receivers look like elite guys. 

I still haven't forgiven Luck for ending Wayne's career effectively :lol:

Yup. Diggs bails out Allen all the time. And TY bailed out Luck sooooo many times. Folks forget that.