Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Weekend: Colts @ Bills, Jan. 9, 2021, 1:05 PM EST

NFLfan

3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

These guys don't seem to understand that everyone drops passes . Happens 

Yup. For a guy that didn't get passes often at all in college, Taylor has been phenomenal. Folks ignore all the drops from Burton, Pascal,  and TY (not talking about today)... and fall out over one drop by Taylor... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Evidence, i don't need no stinkin' evidence.  Simple common sense says that Irsay does nothing regarding Ryan without Frank giving Ryan a hard look with a thumbs up.  So any aggression using draft capital wold originate from the strength of Reichs evalation. I still haven't given in to the "Irsay is nutts" theme. lol
    • Listening to Kevin Bowens podcast he said he talked to Chris Hagen (local media guy who interviewed Steichen yesterday). Hagen said Steichen was a little startled when he learned Hagen was from Indy. He said he asked him about the Indy colts job. He said he was polite but reiterated many times his focus was on the game.  Apparently Steichen, Callahan, Ballard have same agent. So that would make total sense why there hasn’t been any leaks if it’s one of those two guys. 
    • We lost several offensive assistants over the last few years, some of whom are having an impact on other teams. I think that had a big impact on player development. Sirianni took Kevin Patullo and Jason Michael, we had previously lost Tom Rathman, no more Howard Mudd (RIP), DeGuglielmo should be mentioned...    On defense, we lost Jonathan Gannon, and he'll be a HC soon (maybe Cardinals this year?) I believe we've been deficient at DL coach for a while (we shuffled some guys there), and maybe there was a disconnect between the FO and the coaches that led to some missed picks, like Banogu.    So when I talk about coaching, I'm not just talking about Frank. I'm also about his assistants, his pipeline after some attrition, etc.
    • Frank likely would have been fired after last season but for the contract extension. I have to believe that Franks sales job to Irsay on what he could accomplish with what he had consistently came up short.  We absolutely had player development issues and certainly some of that was failures by Ballards staff with their projections.
    • It's obvious that Reich told Ballard 'I think Ryan can still play, and we can win with him.' If Reich was saying 'ehh, he looks kind of done, and I think I'd rather have Baker Mayfield,' I think we would have gone in a different direction.   I don't put that all on Reich, but no doubt he fully endorsed the Ryan move.
  • Members