Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wildcard Weekend: Colts @ Bills, Jan. 9, 2021, 1:05 PM EST

NFLfan

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Well folks, it's been quite a season! I sincerely hope Rivers is brought back and if so, I look forward to seeing how this team could perform with the guys we get back, and our rookies with a year of NFL experience under their belts.

He's not our future

1 minute ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

I only trust Ballard if he let's Frank go. His decisions cost us three to four games and the year before he let Vinny cost us games. Time for a new coach period. 

I think Frank is a decent enough coach, especially for this team - he could be even better if he'd turn over playcalling duties to Nick Sirianni and focus on coaching the entire team, especially if we go into next season with a different DC.

• Like 2

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

I only trust Ballard if he let's Frank go. His decisions cost us three to four games and the year before he let Vinny cost us games. Time for a new coach period. 

I think he called a good game, over agressive decisions, but I can live with that.

We needed one more play, let's move on. The game should have ended on Paschal fumble anyway.

11 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Well folks, it's been quite a season! I sincerely hope Rivers is brought back and if so, I look forward to seeing how this team could perform with the guys we get back, and our rookies with a year of NFL experience under their belts.

I hope you continue to post here. :)

7 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I think Frank is a decent enough coach, especially for this team - he could be even better if he'd turn over playcalling duties to Nick Sirianni and focus on coaching the entire team, especially if we go into next season with a different DC.

Turning over play calling would cause internal issues. I dont think that will fix it. What about clock management and poor challenge calls and sticking with vinny when he was done.

50 minutes ago, Myles said:

I feel the same.  Several bonehead calls fall right on him.

Rivers played well.  Taylor did not.  

Reich didn’t really use Taylor enough. Especially when we got down by the goal line. I put the blame more so on Reich than Taylor. We fell behind and Reich pretty much abandoned the run game like he always does. 

Wow...what a game. Have to say I was not expecting that from the Colts. Very impressive team. They definitely earned my respect today.

The game was on a razor's edge all day it seemed and the Bills were not able to pull away like they have been for most of the 2nd half of the season.  

I'm not sure how you felt about Reich's aggressiveness in certain situations but to me it didn't make sense the way he was trying to play. His gameplan was working and the Colts were shortening the game by running just well enough for most of the first 3 quarters and then completing short passes to move the chains. If you are trying to keep it to a one score game then it makes sense to kick the FG and go up 13-7 especially after losing 3 yards on 3rd down. 

We all know what happened and then the Bills marched 96 yards to take a lead they wouldn't relinquish even tho there were some very stress inducing moments. 

I honestly thought once the Bills got up 24-10 that was going to be where we just clamped down on D and pulled away on O but it never materialized. To their credit the Colts never moved away from the running game even when they weren't really getting much.

Buffalo did a very good job on Taylor for most of the game and he was averaging under 3 YPC for the first 3 quarters. Himes got a big run followed by a big Taylor run and then they were knocking on the door quickly. Himes got another big run on the next drive after Bass hit the 54 yard FG to put us up by 11. In my opinion they should have went to Himes sooner since Taylor was not able to really do a lot on the ground.

That missed chip shot FG was a killer in a tight game and ultimately might have been the difference...

Overall I am happy the Bills figured out a way to pull off the win but they have some things they need to clean up. Looks like Moss is done for the year and his pass protection will be missed.

Great game, and I stand corrected...Colts are a much more formidable team than I thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CamMo said:

Colts fans - we aren’t gonna beat the Bills with FGs. 

Same Colts fans - idk why we didn’t take the FG there.

because of the SPECIFIC GAME SITUATION there. they had a 10-7 lead and had all momentum. 3rd and goal from the 2.

next 2 decisions cost them game momentum, which is huge in a 1 game playoff. if you are going to go for it then run it up the middle. since they called a weird pitch and lost yards... that takes out going for it on 4th and goal from the 4. too hard to convert that. you take another 3 when it keeps momentum on your side and builds the lead up to 6. even more so being on the road as the underdog. because teams score touchdowns all the time and miss PATs. 

you go for it on the 1 or 2 yard line. 3 or 4 yards out takes out any run plays or playaction and the % of converting go down. 

This was a good and competitive game.  Rivers gave it his best - no turnovers and 2TD.  He brought the team back in the 4th qtr with a chance to win. A missed FG and a failed 4th down try was the difference in the game between a W and L. A good draft and a couple of FA signings and Colts will be back in the playoffs next year. We better hope that Rivers decides to come back and not retire. Starting all over again with a new QB will not be easy and all of the alternatives on the FA market would be a downgrade.  If you think Watson is the answer look at his huge contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I hope you continue to post here. :)

Thanks, I plan to.

47 minutes ago, Padraig said:

This was a good and competitive game.  Rivers gave it his best - no turnovers and 2TD.  He brought the team back in the 4th qtr with a chance to win. A missed FG and a failed 4th down try was the difference in the game between a W and L. A good draft and a couple of FA signings and Colts will be back in the playoffs next year. We better hope that Rivers decides to come back and not retire. Starting all over again with a new QB will not be easy and all of the alternatives on the FA market would be a downgrade.  If you think Watson is the answer look at his huge contract.

I truly believe that it's Philip's preference to return, but only if the Colts want him to. At his age & this stage of his career, he doesn't need to be a journeyman - he's done enough to get to Canton if he never takes another snap. He still has a passion for the game and I don't  think he wants to retire while he still has something to offer, especially on a deep team like this with coaches that he's comfortable with.

We should all know pretty soon.

• Like 1