Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC playoff picture

GoColts8818

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because I think the chiefs go 13-3 12-4 at worst.  I think the raiders go 11-5 at best but probably more likely to be 10-6 maybe 9-7.

Nobody is pointing out that we play them in December. Our schedule is tougher but a win there is pretty big .

Just now, dw49 said:

Nobody is pointing out that we play them in December. Our schedule is tougher but a win there is pretty big .

Beating the raiders could be huge.  I think there is a real chance the last playoff spot in the AFC comes down to the Colts and Raiders and that tie breaker could be the difference.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The thing is what a team did last week (or a few game ago) or what you think they might do down the road has little bearing from week to week. 

Just this week the so called Paper Tigers sent Rogers to the bench for being ineffective with a rating of 35.4. 

they are proving me wrong so far

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

Patriots are 2-4... with some pretty tough games coming up too. They’re in the try again next year group

They are actually 2-3 at this point.   They also get the Jets 2 games going forward.   At least they have already had their bye week.  

As of now I have us going 9‐7 and even feel like I'm being sort of optimistic. That definitely won't be enough for the division and very likely not enough for a wildcard spot. I hope I'm wrong it's just that I need to see us take these dominant halfs and turn them into full games. We are going to need to beat some great teams 3-4 times from here on out to have a good chance. Less than that and we are in trouble. If we beat the Lions like I think we can manage we might go into the second half of the season with some dejavu at 5-2, but with a chance to lose many after that. If we can beat the Lions then win two more before our first Texans game then I'll feel better as I think 10-6 is much more likely after that.

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

AFC North will beat each other up and I’m thinking the Chiefs and Titans get the Top 2 seeds in the AFC, in some order. The AFC North winner gets the #3 seed and the AFC East winner gets the #4 seed.

Whoever loses North will most likely be 5th seed probably playing the Bills 

4 hours ago, bestQBever said:

vs Jets, Vikings, Bengals. 3 of the 4 or 5 worst teams in the league.

Yep. We are going to get beat by the Ravens, packers, twice by the titans, split with the Texans and then the Steelers. So an 8-8 season and maybe worse bc imo the Lions and raiders games could go either way. Just don't think this Colts team is good enough to beat the top tier teams and it's a toss-up with mediocre to bad teams.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yep. We are going to get beat by the Ravens, packers, twice by the titans, split with the Texans and then the Steelers. So an 8-8 season and maybe worse bc imo the Lions and raiders games could go either way. Just don't think this Colts team is good enough to beat the top tier teams and it's a toss-up with mediocre to bad teams.

You could be right, but the certainty with which you talk is a bit premature and lacks the fragility of how the league frequently pans out. 

11 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

we'll see where we're at right after the Ravens game

54 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

We will sweep the Texans and split with Titans so 10-6 is the probability. Titans are overrated, they won't beat us here.

On 10/18/2020 at 11:00 PM, crazycolt1 said:

The thing is what a team did last week (or a few game ago) or what you think they might do down the road has little bearing from week to week. 

Just this week the so called Paper Tigers sent Rogers to the bench for being ineffective with a rating of 35.4. 

Yes. Completely agree. 

To me playoff talk is pointless until December. 

I have a buddy in Nashville and texted him about this time last year that the Titans may be the worst team in the AFC South.  A QB switch and a hot streak later - all of the sudden they make it all the way to the AFCCG. 

Archived