Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC playoff picture

GoColts8818

We are six games in and the playoff teams are starting separate themselves.  It’s going to be hard to make it in the AFC this year.  I think they break down like this:

Locks

Chiefs

Close to a lock

Titans

Ravens

Steelers

Feeling Good

Bills

More Likely than not

Browns

Race for the last spot

Pats
Raiders

Colts

Not Dead Yet

Broncos
Dolphins

Better Luck next year

Chargers

Texans

Jags

Bengals

we are drafting Lawerence

Jets

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bestQBever said:

the Ravens titans packers titans stretch is gonna be brutal.

If the Colts can get one of those (probably Packers or Titans at home most likely) I’ll be happy.  If they could get two I’d be thrilled.  What they can’t do is go 0-4 in that stretch. That means they have to win out in the other games to go 10-6 and with the Texans twice, at the Steelers, and the Raiders that’s not likely.  

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If the Colts can get one of those (probably Packers or Titans at home most likely) I’ll be happy.  If they could get two I’d be thrilled.  What they can’t do is go 0-4 in that stretch. That means they have to win out in the other games to go 10-6 and with the Texans twice, at the Steelers, and the Raiders that’s not likely.  

my guess is we drop 2 of those and then one more against either the raiders or steelers and then maybe a loss at Houston. That's 10-6.

4 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

hopefully its the Titans twice

I think the Ravens aren’t as bad of a match up for the Colts as it first appears.  I am more scared of the Raiders and Steelers to be honest.  Also the Packers defense is not good.  If Rivers can play like he did today in that one he might be able to win a shoot out vs the Packers at home. 

Yea we made the Bengals, Browns and Jaguars look good. The top tier teams are steamrolling these same teams. The second half is looking scary for sure. I have been a Rivers hater from the day we signed him but one thing he has going for him is he plays very well in Nov and Dec. Heres hoping that continues because we play a lot of really good looking teams

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

We are six games in and the playoff teams are starting separate themselves.  It’s going to be hard to make it in the AFC this year.  I think they break down like this:

Locks

Chiefs

Close to a lock

Titans

Ravens

Steelers

Feeling Good

Bills

More Likely than not

Browns

Race for the last spot

Pats
Raiders

Colts

Not Dead Yet

Broncos
Dolphins

Better Luck next year

Chargers

Texans

Jags

Bengals

Jets

Actually Raiders should be in the Lock because they beat the Chiefs

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

Locks

Chiefs

Close to a lock

Titans

Ravens

Steelers

Feeling Good

Bills

More Likely than not

Browns

Race for the last spot

Pats
Raiders

Colts

Not Dead Yet

Broncos
Dolphins

Better Luck next year

Chargers

Texans

Jags

Bengals

Jets

Patriots are 2-4... with some pretty tough games coming up too. They’re in the try again next year group

Just now, csmopar said:

Patriots are 2-4... with some pretty tough games coming up too. They’re in the try again next year group

Nah I think they are in the hunt of it.  I am not counting BB out until they are eliminated.  I didn’t like Brady and feel he got a lot of praise he didn’t deserve but BB is the real deal.  

Just now, csmopar said:

That was Eli that went back to school...

Look it up Peyton did as well.  

Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

well you stated playoff picture then you had the chiefs a dead lock but they lost to the Raiders so how are they a lock?

Because I think the chiefs go 13-3 12-4 at worst.  I think the raiders go 11-5 at best but probably more likely to be 10-6 maybe 9-7.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Nah I think they are in the hunt of it.  I am not counting BB out until they are eliminated.  I didn’t like Brady and feel he got a lot of praise he didn’t deserve but BB is the real deal.  

Look it up Peyton did as well.  

You’re right. I’d forgotten about that

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the packers looked horrible today got blown out by 4 tds.  i think they are overrated .  rodgers is great but the defense is overrated so is the run game .   if rivers plays good we have a chance

If Rivers plays like he did today the Colts will have a chance in that game.  The Packers also don’t play well in Indy they haven’t won here since the 80’s or early 90’s.  Granted they only come once every 8 years.

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

We beat a very good Bears team quite handily, Leonard will be back after the break and perhaps Turay as well.

They beat the Bears by one position.  That’s not handily.  

Getting those guys back will help for sure and they will need them because after the Lions the Colts play a murders row of teams the rest of the way.  The Titans twice, Texans twice, Ravens, Raiders, Packers, and Steelers.  They do get the Jags at home to end the year but given the Colts recent history vs the Jags that’s not a sure thing.  

Archived