Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC playoff picture

GoColts8818

5 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

You could be right, but the certainty with which you talk is a bit premature and lacks the fragility of how the league frequently pans out. 

This for sure.  We frequently look at the season with a global view.  But how often does it happen that one of the top teams loses a couple of key players and then suddenly they look very beatable?  Like every week?  I mean there is still a LONG way to go yet folks.  We don't even know how much losing Devin Bush is going to hurt the Steelers.  Or how losing Lewan will affect the Titans.  IF the Colts can stay relatively healthy then they will have a chance against any team remaining.  They may not be elite but they aren't that bad either.  Any given Sunday.  If Rivers can just take care of the ball they usually have a chance.

Even if you firmly believe they have no chance at beating the top teams of Titans, Steelers, Ravens, and Packers (which I don't believe BTW), they still have the opportunity to win 9 games in a year in which 7 teams will make the playoffs in each conference.  I still think they will split with the Titans.  I think with our fast defense we match up very well with the Ravens.  The Steelers will be a tough challenge from an offensive standpoint, but they aren't going to score a million points on you and the Packers are just the opposite.  No team is flawless and can be beaten.  Colts are unbeaten at home and 3 of those games are at LOS.  It's doable.  I said 10 wins to begin the season and I'm sticking with it.  And this year 10 wins is going to absolutely get you in.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Reich learned  a lot this last game on what kind of offensive plays work ect. Taylor is getting better every game. I hope with such  a weird off season it’s just taken awhile to get going. I kind of wish we didn’t have the bye week so we could carry over that offensive performance and it’s momentum. 

On 10/18/2020 at 6:43 PM, GoColts8818 said:

If the Colts can get one of those (probably Packers or Titans at home most likely) I’ll be happy.  If they could get two I’d be thrilled.  What they can’t do is go 0-4 in that stretch. That means they have to win out in the other games to go 10-6 and with the Texans twice, at the Steelers, and the Raiders that’s not likely.  

Hopefully  they go undefeated versus tough teams

7 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I wish the Colts ran as half as much play action as the Titans. 

They are going to be tough to beat...esp twice.

Steelers are going to test this D. 

I just hope m Fitzpatrick  doesn't  get another pick 6 versus  us

On 10/18/2020 at 6:23 PM, GoColts8818 said:

We are six games in and the playoff teams are starting separate themselves.  It’s going to be hard to make it in the AFC this year.  I think they break down like this:

Locks

Chiefs

Close to a lock

Titans

Ravens

Steelers

Feeling Good

Bills

More Likely than not

Browns

Race for the last spot

Pats
Raiders

Colts

Not Dead Yet

Broncos
Dolphins

Better Luck next year

Chargers

Texans

Jags

Bengals

we are drafting Lawerence

Jets

I have us 13-3 and the #2 seed  only loss left is one titans game

9 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I wish the Colts ran as half as much play action as the Titans. 

They are going to be tough to beat...esp twice.

Steelers are going to test this D. 

Not sure Titans are going to be hard to beat twice, losing your best lineman who happens to protect the QB's blindside is a huge loss, we wont know the effects until we see his replacement in action but Id venture to guess Henry wont have as many big games as before....

16 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Not sure Titans are going to be hard to beat twice, losing your best lineman who happens to protect the QB's blindside is a huge loss, we wont know the effects until we see his replacement in action but Id venture to guess Henry wont have as many big games as before....

Here's hoping! 

I can't believe how many good teams are in the AFC this year. I do think you will start to see some separation soon as the Titans, Steelers, and Chiefs rise to the top and stay there. I still like the Colts chances a lot for a WC. Kind of depends on how teams like the Browns, Raiders, Dolphins do to see if they can get in.

I like the chances of our offensive line coming together sooner than later, which could very well catapult this offense to where they need to be. I think we all can agree they have not performed to their expectation and I will blame a wonky covid offseason for that start. If they get to clicking, and we get some healthy receivers/tight ends back, we should be fine offensively. 

I think the defense is built to win football games. We’ve won without Leonard, which is a big thing as we’ve struggled the last two years without him. I like the makeup and I like our chances so long as we stay relatively healthy, get a few breaks here and there and this offensive line comes into their ability, which could be straight dominant. Let’s hope. 

Archived