Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers haters eat crow


danlhart87
 Share

Recommended Posts

rivers had a nice game but still needs to improve .  the whole team needs to get better over the bye week .   I think the colts over achieved with a easy schedule , and after the bye the schedule gets really tough .  my worry is the colts go down hill like last year when they went 5-2 .    Rivers has to stop throwing picks , its hard to win throwing so many .    If he can stop the picks the colts have a chance to make the playoffs .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will eat crow he played well today. Its not that I am not rooting for him but i will be a harsh critic. Today he played lights out other than the one pick and the 1st quarter. Good for him and us. Although overall for the second time we have struggled with a team that will likely be fighting for the 1st overall draft pick. That is a bit alarming.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

rivers had a nice game but still needs to improve .  the whole team needs to get better over the bye week .   I think the colts over achieved with a easy schedule , and after the bye the schedule gets really tough .  my worry is the colts go down hill like last year when they went 5-2 .    Rivers has to stop throwing picks , its hard to win throwing so many .    If he can stop the picks the colts have a chance to make the playoffs .

You claimed they were tanking a couple of hours ago

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

rivers had a nice game but still needs to improve .  the whole team needs to get better over the bye week .   I think the colts over achieved with a easy schedule , and after the bye the schedule gets really tough .  my worry is the colts go down hill like last year when they went 5-2 .    Rivers has to stop throwing picks , its hard to win throwing so many .    If he can stop the picks the colts have a chance to make the playoffs .

The read was bad, but the defender just played it well. The announcers even mentioned that during the replay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

He kept the Colts in the game today.  Great game from him today.  This was why they paid him that money.  Jacoby or Eason don’t make that comeback.  He deserved the heat he got last week and deserves all the praise he should get this week.

that's not a fair statement to make Eason hasn't even played a down yet

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

After rivers bailed the defenses behind out today.

just saying the colts get going on offense, then get going on defense. do all that work.

 

and then, with a 1 pt lead and getting the ball back with a short field. rivers throws incomplete, then forces it deep and gets picked off

 

then the colts got lucky with a missed field goal and then Rivers missed a wide open walk in TD deep because Rivers overthrows him then can't convert a 3rd and 4 to keep the ball and eat clock and move the chains

 

he's OK... he still tried to implode

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

See this is the problem. Ppl beating their chest after a good game as if the criticism for Rivers wasn’t warranted. He played great outside of the interception for sure. Kudos to him tho

The difference was I never talked crap about Rivers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Numba1Colt said:

just saying the colts get going on offense, then get going on defense. do all that work.

 

and then, with a 1 pt lead and getting the ball back with a short field. rivers throws incomplete, then forces it deep and gets picked off

 

then the colts got lucky with a missed field goal and then Rivers missed a wide open walk in TD deep because Rivers overthrows him then can't convert a 3rd and 4 to keep the ball and eat clock and move the chains

 

he's OK... he still tried to implode

Yeah rivers made a poor decision on one throw...he’s human.  
 

the defense got them in a 21-0 hole.  If it hadn’t been for Rivers the Colts get blown out today.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

It's the Bengals. Let's not get overzealous. This game should have never been this close

And why was it close?  Oh that’s right the “elite” defense everyone has been praising spotted the Bengals a 21-0 nothing lead and Rivers came out and did what a lot of people were saying he couldn’t do anymore period.  If people want to be highly critical of Rivers last week, myself included, you have to give him credit when he plays a game many didn’t think he still could regardless of who it’s against.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's the Bengals. Let's not get overzealous. This game should have never been this close

Cincy is better than their record indicates. Look at Houston. They are 0-5 now but took Tennessee to their limit, and if not for Henry being a monster, they don’t win. Yes, it should not have been this close, but that’s the NFL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...