Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if we gave Eason a few plays a game/ Time to see what we have in Eason? (merge)

Restinpeacesweetchloe

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Too early. If we lose to Cincy then maybe. We beat Cincy we are still in a good spot. 

I agree, but even if we win Sunday, if Rivers can’t make the lateral throws and keeps making the same mistakes, how far do you think we’ll get?

Right now, I think we’re heading for 9-7 at best, and a wildcard.  Which means we’re probably going to an outdoor stadium in January.   

I wonder if Vegas has an over under for the number of pick sixes in a playoff game?

It's too early.  We still have a winning record with the aged wonder that we brought in.

If we turn away from Rivers now, we're saying to him "We have zero faith in you.  We wish we never signed you."  Bad thing to say after only five games.

If we pass over Brissett now, we're saying to him "Remember when we said we liked you, and saw good things in you, and gave you a starting salary.  And even when we brought in Rivers, we said we would design a certain number of plays just for you?  Yeah, that was all a lie."  No, we can't say that either.

Naw, we're stuck with the cards we chose this year.  Rivers as the starter; Brissett as the backup; and Eason as a potential future.

Not going to happen this season barring season ending injuries to both Rivers and Jacoby.  Not all rookie QB are meant to be thrown in the fire right away. Don’t rush Eason...he will get his opportunity in due time.  I think he can be special if handled right. He needs time to develop. This is his season to sit back and learn from the veteran QBs and coaching staff around him. 

The way I look at it is our first four games were our preseason.  The Browns game the first of the regular season.  They all counted of course but to me this is where the team would be if we truly did have a preseason.  We should know who we are by now and ready to get on the right course.  Need to stick with Rivers as long as the wheels don't come off.  

Wait a second.

A few weeks ago, Rivers was leading the league in completion percentage (he's currently 6th behind Carr, Bridgewater, Wilson, Goff, and Brees).

He's currently 12th in the league in YPA (Brissett finished 29th in 2019).

And after 1 bad half against the Browns on the road, people are seriously ready to jettison him and start a rookie who played 1 full season as a CFB starter?

The pick 6 was atrocious.  I get it.  But c'mon man.  If Rivers has 2 games (4 full halves) of looking like he did for that bad half in Cleveland, then I'm open to the discussion of making a change.

QB Composite Ratings after Week 5:

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh...  Thank GOD somebody brought up this topic!   It’s been MINUTES since anyone has suggested this!   I was beginning to think the website had maybe crashed?

Who wants to be the first to say no?

Ok...   I’ll do it!   Oh, Hell NO!!

OP is a new member. Give some slack. :hat:

• Nadine changed the title to What if we gave Eason a few plays a game/ Time to see what we have in Eason? (merge)
35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Hmm. Sounds like this is something new.

Just to provide context, all players get in work during individual drills.  To the last healthy man in a position group.  

That’s why those drills exist.

Definitely not new, but I can see how people are interpreting it that way with how Keefer framed it.  He’s trying to drum up excitement, which is his job.  

Now, if Eason were taking part in *team* offensive reps today, that’d be an interesting development.  

On 10/12/2020 at 9:18 PM, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Let me sum up Eason's final season in college for you...

"In three early games against Eastern Washington, Hawaii and Brigham Young, Eason threw for a combined 901 yards, 10 touchdowns, and one interception. In conference, he averaged just 7.1 yards per attempt and completed 59% of his passes with a paltry 12-to-7 TD:INT ratio."

He isn't very mobile and he struggled when the pocket collapsed on him at Washington. He probably would have been better served playing one more year in college. He is nowhere near ready to start on a consistent basis in the NFL and rushing him out there could really de-rail his development. The Colts only options right now, if they want to win, are Philip or Jacoby. Neither are great options but this is the bed Ballard  ANDREW LUCK made.

Cmon now.... Ballard is doing the best he can with the :censored2: hand the snowboarder dealt him.

But I'm not bitter!!  

:nose::nose::nose:

Having no offseason mini camp, OTAs, and preseason games really hurt Eason. Not that he was a slam dunk to be our franchise Quarterback anyway. The league knew he was a project, scouts knew he was a project, and Ballard knew he was a project. You just can't throw in a rookie project Quarterback and expect him to become solid.

I'm thinking its more likely than not Sam Darnold will be a Colt either this year or in the offseason. The Jets and Colts have a business history of making deals and Darnold needs to get out of New York asap. I was watching that Broncos and Jets game before he got injured and I was impressed with how mobile Darnold is. 

On 10/13/2020 at 7:35 AM, danlhart87 said:

You know very well Colts are gonna pull off some surprise wins and surprise losses

RN

I have us losing to 5 more teams

Houston Tennessee GB Cincy Pitt

You have us losing to Cincy this weekend??

i think we lose to GB, Tennessee(split), Texans(split), Raiders, and likely the Raiders. 

that would put us at 9-7. Likely the No. 6 or No. 7 team in the AFC

2 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Having no offseason mini camp, OTAs, and preseason games really hurt Eason. Not that he was a slam dunk to be our franchise Quarterback anyway. The league knew he was a project, scouts knew he was a project, and Ballard knew he was a project. You just can't throw in a rookie project Quarterback and expect him to become solid.

I'm thinking its more likely than not Sam Darnold will be a Colt either this year or in the offseason. The Jets and Colts have a business history of making deals and Darnold needs to get out of New York asap. I was watching that Broncos and Jets game before he got injured and I was impressed with how mobile Darnold is. 

There is no way we trade for a QB this year with Brissett and Rivers both on the team IMO.

17 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

But for whatever reason, Ballard and Reich have to kiss Brissetts rear end, so they can't put Eason ahead of him, even for a few plays.  But I think it would be smart.  Eason is the only one that can really push the ball down the field.

Kiss Brissetts rear end?  :facepalm:

Archived