Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite Colt Of All-Time?

PrincetonTiger

Peyton Manning is my clear cut #1!

Then I've got guys like:

Reggie Wayne

Eric Dickerson

Marvin Harrison

and the majority of players in recent years, I've liked a lot.

In 4th Grade I received a package from the Colts and Dickerson through the principal at PCHS(My Dad's boss-his son was an intern with the Colts) which featured a 1987 team picture, several player cards, a signed ED picture and game worn sweat bands.

Peyton.

Pat McAffee and Curtis Painter are on my list too. I heard they were donating hair to locks of love which strikes close to home with me

Pat Angerer, Robert Mathis and Antoine Bethea.

Old Colts: Johnny U, Raymond Berry, Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk, Mike Doss, Bob Sanders, and Jim Harbaugh

Exactly.. We could easily have been a team that was in talks of going to LA.

Seeing as how no team (no matter how bad they've been) since the Raiders went back to Oakland and the Rams went to St. Louis has gone to L.A., what makes you think that the Colts would've gone there? It's funny to hear you guys say that we could've been an L.A. team without Manning being here. Thanks for the laugh.

marvin harison nd bob sanders when he played, i loved tht bob was short nd able to play pro football better than most other safteys, it gives me hope tht ill actually be able to play football at college next year despite my height (d2 or d3), i wanna play ethir saftey or linebacker, im short but im stronger than most people 50lb heavyer than me, nd bob inspired me that I can do anything just like he did....bobs prolly my all-time fav just cause of that

Seeing as how no team (no matter how bad they've been) since the Raiders went back to Oakland and the Rams went to St. Louis has gone to L.A., what makes you think that the Colts would've gone there? It's funny to hear you guys say that we could've been an L.A. team without Manning being here. Thanks for the laugh.

There has been talks of teams going to LA. Most recently I heard rumors of Vikings or Bills before Vikes were able to get new stadium. So there is an obvious desire to bring an NFL team back to LA.

Now teams that are successful are not on the list for being moved in most cases. The Colts before Manning were one of the worst teams, and if they wouldnt have taken Peyton, they would have only continued their inability to win. And with a small market like Indy it would have been hard to keep fans in the seats with winning only a handful of games every year.

A small market team that is unsuccessful for a long period of time = low attendance which = no money coming in= no new stadium= an increase in chances of being relocated.

Not saying that they would have been moved, only that they could have been.

There is a reason they call Lucas Oil the House that Peyton Built.

Manning

Angerer

Edge

Harrison

Wayne

Duane Bickett

I remember going to a Colts game as a kid (Think we lost 49-7 or 9-6, the good ole days) and after the game I went down by the bench trying to get an autograph. Only person to stop & sign my hat was Duane Bickett!

Mine is TE Ken Dilger

I had feelings of hatred towards the Colt management the day Kenny was let go just like many on here had the day PM left.

Very nice! What a train when he got going. I was really disappointed they let him go. Clark was a fine replacement, but Dilger was a better blocker.

I have lots of favorite colts but two that hold a special place are bill Brooks and Chris goose.in 1989 my grandma got to go in the colts locker room after the 49ers game and got me a the whole teams autographs on a autograph book. But bill Brooks and Chris goodegave me multiple autographs with little personal messages and my grandma said both were two of the nicest people she ever met

Baltimore Colt - it has to be Johnny Unitas

Indianapolis Colt - I am sticking with Marshall Faulk

Faulk is the reason I became a Colts fan. I remember watching all the highlights on ESPN every week about this kid at San Diego State University and I was a big football fan at the time. (Just wasn't raised to be one) Seeing what her did made me pay attention every week to see the highlights of what he did the next week. When he was drafted I then said "That is my team and that will be the guy to turn the franchise around."