Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

favorite non colts player

danlhart87

33 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Reggie is obv a great player.  Doesn’t mean he wasn’t an all time flopper. If you can’t acknowledge that then there’s another poster whose being narrow minded.  If you can’t figure out who it is...  (this is tongue in cheek)

One thing to keep in mind is the NBA itself forced the refs to overlook the basic rules of basketball. 

Thus the reason the players could get away with breaking the rules. 

Just saying. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

One thing to keep in mind is the NBA itself forced the refs to overlook the basic rules of basketball. 

Thus the reason the players could get away with breaking the rules. 

Just saying. 

I don't think Reggie was near the flopper that James Harden or even LeBron James is now. Reggie kicked his leg out to draw fouls at times, he flopped a little but not like these guys today.

I'm a Mets fan; so, favorite non-Mets player:

Fred McGriff

Favorite non-Vikings players, :thinking: I have so many. JJ Watt is great. Curtis Martin, great guy. So is Andrew Luck. Since Teddy Bridgewater is no longer a Viking :( , he is among my favorite non-Vikings. 

22 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

For NFL it's Keenan Allen. 

(for non-NFL it's Eric Cantona:flaming:

For a German NFL fan Eric Cantona is a hell of a call! (I am a United fan!)

One of mine has to be Julius Peppers! He had 80's numbers in sacks all in this millenium!!! Unreal.

21 hours ago, Rickrolled14 said:

For a German NFL fan Eric Cantona is a hell of a call! (I am a United fan!)

One of mine has to be Julius Peppers! He had 80's numbers in sacks all in this millenium!!! Unreal.

Cantona was a fantastic player and a person with a true character. He always remained true to himself. I like that. 

On 7/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, danlhart87 said:

JJ Watt 

I have lived in Texas my whole life and this guy is one of a kind. He has done so much for Houston.

He is such a kind-hearted and generous human being. He is full of class. I would have loved him to play for the Vikings. He is definitely my kind of guy. 

• 2 weeks later...

For me easily Christian McCaffrey. He is easily my favorite college football of all time, and I love what hes doing in the pros, glad hes not in our division though. I remember standing on a podium for the guy during the draft process and getting tons of flack  because people said he wouldn't last long in the nfl or he was going to be injury prone, dude is a straight stud.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Current non colt player is deandre Hopkins. 

Former non colt player is megatron. 

Current any sport Steven Adams.

Former any sport Jonah Lomu.

Without wishing to detract from his legacy, I do think he did have some benefit of the era he played rugby in, certainly early on his career. Literally a man among boys:

What chance does does a 5'8" 85 Kg Tony Underwood have of stopping that beast of a man (6'5" 119Kg!), even when he's stumbling vs sprinting!

That said, I do think he was an out of this world athletic/rugby talent. So sad to lose him prematurely. 

I'd have loved to see if could have had a shot in the NFL. He compared very well, to say, Megatron physically. Roughly same height, Lomu was about 10 Kg (20 pounds) heavier and from what I can work out on the data I can find (Lomu clocked a 10.7 100M) I'd estimate run a 4.4 40 yard compared to Megatron's 4.35.  

I’ve always loved Barry Saunders, Walter Payton’s and Earl Campbell’s runs (although entirely different).

But the most amazing athlete? Herschel Walker.

I heard an interview last week where, at 58, he ran a 4.35 40, does 4,000 sit-ups, 2,000 push-ups, bikes 50 miles a day. 

Archived