Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
danlhart87

favorite non colts player

Recommended Posts

JJ Watt 

 

I have lived in Texas my whole life and this guy is one of a kind. He has done so much for Houston.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saquon Barkley. Best RB in Football IMO (ok maybe 2nd best, Henry is a beast), I love watching him play and he is a great down to earth guy. I was hoping the Colts could draft him, he was 1st on my Colts draft board in 2018, by the way Nelson was 2nd though lol, Chubb was 3rd. I am happy with Nelson but love Barkley too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Saquon Barkley. Best RB in Football IMO (ok maybe 2nd best, Henry is a beast), I love watching him play and he is a great down to earth guy. I was hoping the Colts could draft him, he was 1st on my Colts draft board in 2018, by the way Nelson was 2nd though lol, Chubb was 3rd. I am happy with Nelson but love Barkley too.

Barkley is a hell of a player but there's no player in that draft I would take over Nelson. 

 

He's already the best OL in the league IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Barkley is a hell of a player but there's no player in that draft I would take over Nelson. 

 

He's already the best OL in the league IMO.

That was my Colts draft board going into the draft = Barkley 1, Nelson 2, Chubb 3. Of course I am glad we got Nelson. I knew Barkley would be gone anyway by #6. I jumped for joy when the Broncos took Chubb at #5 because I figured Nelson was our's then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always liked DeAndre Hopkins too. I knew he would be great coming out of the draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edgar Martinez.

 

Hey, never specified sport or whether or not he player had to be active. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Edgar Martinez.

 

Hey, never specified sport or whether or not he player had to be active. 

Oh ok then Javier Baez. I am a huge Cubs fan. Actually Kris Bryant but Javi is 1b. lmao 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Non Active players, Magic will probably always be my favorite. Peyton was a Colt so he doesn't count. Reggie Miller is way up there up too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronald Acuna of the Atlanta Braves. He's going to make that franchise a lot of fun for me for the next decade at least. My Aunt bought me his jersey for my birthday earlier this month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Non Active players, Magic will probably always be my favorite. Peyton was a Colt so he doesn't count. Reggie Miller is way up there up too. 

I wish Reggie won a title he was always fun to watch 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

 Reggie Miller is way up there up too. 

 

11 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I wish Reggie won a title he was always fun to watch 

 

 


if you liked watching floppers fall to the ground when barely touched I guess he’s the one to watch.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

 


if you liked watching floppers fall to the ground when barely touched I guess he’s the one to watch.    

He was one of the greatest playoff clutch performers ever and I would say a top 3 3pt shooter of all-time along with Curry and Allen. He also put fear into the Bulls during the 1998 ECFinals, Bulls got real lucky to win that series. It took all 7 games to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was one of the greatest playoff clutch performers ever and I would say a top 3 3pt shooter of all-time along with Curry and Allen. He also put fear into the Bulls during the 1998 ECFinals, Bulls got real lucky to win that series. It took all 7 games to do so. 

And I hated him because that too!  - for what he did to the knicks not the bulls- 

 

i did like how they would joke about his sister being the better player.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

And I hated him because that too!  - for what he did to the knicks not the bulls- 

 

i did like how they would joke about his sister being the better player.  

8 points in 8 seconds in Game 1 of the 95 playoffs was the greatest thing I have ever seen. We will never see that again and it happened in 1995. Reggie played like Jordan against the Knicks.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

 


if you liked watching floppers fall to the ground when barely touched I guess he’s the one to watch.    

Pretty narrow minded IMO. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pretty narrow minded IMO. 

 

OP was very very correct.

 

I am a Colts fan who happens to dislike the Pacers to some extent. I remember watching a game back in 1999 (when I was a kid) and he ran into a 100% stopped Clarence Weatherspoon, flopped, and bounced off. Officials called a foul on Weatherspoon despite the screen being 100% legal and him being fully stationary.

 

Plays like that were very very frequent of Reggie; along the same lines of Vlade Divac and Anderson Varejao.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

 

OP was very very correct.

 

I am a Colts fan who happens to dislike the Pacers to some extent. I remember watching a game back in 1999 (when I was a kid) and he ran into a 100% stopped Clarence Weatherspoon, flopped, and bounced off. Officials called a foul on Weatherspoon despite the screen being 100% legal and him being fully stationary.

 

Plays like that were very very frequent of Reggie; along the same lines of Vlade Divac and Anderson Varejao.

That is also being narrow minded. 

There are quite a few other things in Miller's career besides your perception of that. 

All the great players got away with some sort of the bending of the rules. 

A few examples - 

Jordan was never called for traveling (or carrying) and no one was allowed to guard him

Bird would do things considered dirty like pinch another player hard enough to leave bruising. 

Shaq got away with charging on a regular bases. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

 

A few examples - 

Jordan was never called for traveling (or carrying) and no one was allowed to guard him

Bird would do things considered dirty like pinch another player hard enough to leave bruising. 

Shaq got away with charging on a regular bases. 

 

 

 

That's part of what pushed me away from the NBA.   Once you become a star, you get to play the game differently than the other players.  Mostly turned me off when the announcers hopped on board with it.   They would say stuff like - He's earned the right to get that call.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

 

OP was very very correct.

 

I am a Colts fan who happens to dislike the Pacers to some extent. I remember watching a game back in 1999 (when I was a kid) and he ran into a 100% stopped Clarence Weatherspoon, flopped, and bounced off. Officials called a foul on Weatherspoon despite the screen being 100% legal and him being fully stationary.

 

Plays like that were very very frequent of Reggie; along the same lines of Vlade Divac and Anderson Varejao.

You and @Fluke_33 must think LeBron is a queen then and not a king because all he did vs the Pacers in the 2013 ECFinals was flop his way to a Game 7 win haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Myles said:

That's part of what pushed me away from the NBA.   Once you become a star, you get to play the game differently than the other players.  Mostly turned me off when the announcers hopped on board with it.   They would say stuff like - He's earned the right to get that call.

 

Yeah, I don't watch nearly as much NBA as I used to for this reason alone. Rarely watch any regular season. Although it's worse in the playoffs.

 

Not anything new, but just seems like WWE sometimes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You and @Fluke_33 must think LeBron is a queen then and not a king because all he did vs the Pacers in the 2013 ECFinals was flop his way to a Game 7 win haha

LeBron flopping is about the worst thing in sports.

 

Seconded by James Harden flopping. Dont know how many times he is "fouled" shooting a 3. Ridiculous.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, w87r said:

LeBron flopping is about the worst thing in sports.

 

Seconded by James Harden flopping. Dont know how many times he is "fouled" shooting a 3. Ridiculous.

James Harden makes me sick with the calls he gets, it is beyond ridiculous. He just throws his body into people and gets the call. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don Mattingly, Jim Abbott

 

   If I had been older

      Gil Hodges, Don Buse, Jerry Sloan

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

James Harden makes me sick with the calls he gets, it is beyond ridiculous. He just throws his body into people and gets the call. 

Softest playing player in the league and leads in FT attempts. Smh.

 

Another reason I have scaled back on watching NBA.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On topic

 

Favorite non Colt football player.

 

I will go with Julio Jones

julio jones sport GIF by Atlanta Falcons

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Softest playing player in the league and leads in FT attempts. Smh.

 

Another reason I have scaled back on watching NBA.

To me the 80's/90's and early 2000's was real basketball. You could foul hard and not get kicked out of a game and hand check too. Even in 2002 I remember Kobe getting clobbered a lot by the Kings in the WCFinals and Kobe just took it and never flopped. Nobody got kicked out of games, etc.. Some of the old Celtics/Pistons series from the 80's were just nasty dirty :funny: so were Pacers/Knicks in the 90's.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Don Mattingly, Jim Abbott

 

   If I had been older

      Gil Hodges, Don Buse, Jerry Sloan

Love Don Mattingly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, w87r said:

Love Don Mattingly

My Dad played Football with his brother in college

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me the 80's/90's and early 2000's was real basketball. You could foul hard and not get kicked out of a game and hand check too. Even in 2002 I remember Kobe getting clobbered a lot by the Kings in the WCFianls and Kobe just took it and never flopped. Nobody got kicked out of games, etc.. Some of the old Celtics/Pistons series from the 80's were just nasty dirty :funny: so were Pacers/Knicks in the 90's.

Would of loved to see Lambeer, Sally, Oakley, Mason, Parish, McHale, etc......

 

Just laying the wood on LBJ and Harden and all these soft NBA players these days.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, w87r said:

Would of loved to see Lambeer, Sally, Oakley, Mason, Parish, McHale, etc......

 

Just laying the wood on LBJ and Harden and all these soft NBA players these days.

That would be funny haha 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Would of loved to see Lambeer, Sally, Oakley, Mason, Parish, McHale, etc......

 

Just laying the wood on LBJ and Harden and all these soft NBA players these days.

I am a bit partial to the Celtic players on your since Larry Bird’s HS Coach was the PCHS Coach in the 70s and 80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

My Dad played Football with his brother in college

My father was on a baseball all star team with Yastrzemskis brother.  That kind of stuff about families and connections is awesome.   
 

i loved mattingly but nettles is my favorite yankee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is also being narrow minded. 

There are quite a few other things in Miller's career besides your perception of that. 

All the great players got away with some sort of the bending of the rules. 

A few examples - 

Jordan was never called for traveling (or carrying) and no one was allowed to guard him

Bird would do things considered dirty like pinch another player hard enough to leave bruising. 

Shaq got away with charging on a regular bases. 

 

 

 

Reggie is obv a great player.  Doesn’t mean he wasn’t an all time flopper. If you can’t acknowledge that then there’s another poster whose being narrow minded.  If you can’t figure out who it is...  (this is tongue in cheek)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

My father was on a baseball all star team with Yastrzemskis brother.  That kind of stuff about families and connections is awesome.   
 

i loved mattingly but nettles is my favorite yankee. 

There is some connection between my family and every athlete to come out the Tri-State(In, Il, and Ky)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...