Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

favorite non colts player

danlhart87

Saquon Barkley. Best RB in Football IMO (ok maybe 2nd best, Henry is a beast), I love watching him play and he is a great down to earth guy. I was hoping the Colts could draft him, he was 1st on my Colts draft board in 2018, by the way Nelson was 2nd though lol, Chubb was 3rd. I am happy with Nelson but love Barkley too.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Saquon Barkley. Best RB in Football IMO (ok maybe 2nd best, Henry is a beast), I love watching him play and he is a great down to earth guy. I was hoping the Colts could draft him, he was 1st on my Colts draft board in 2018, by the way Nelson was 2nd though lol, Chubb was 3rd. I am happy with Nelson but love Barkley too.

Barkley is a hell of a player but there's no player in that draft I would take over Nelson. 

He's already the best OL in the league IMO.

7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Barkley is a hell of a player but there's no player in that draft I would take over Nelson. 

He's already the best OL in the league IMO.

That was my Colts draft board going into the draft = Barkley 1, Nelson 2, Chubb 3. Of course I am glad we got Nelson. I knew Barkley would be gone anyway by #6. I jumped for joy when the Broncos took Chubb at #5 because I figured Nelson was our's then.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reggie Miller is way up there up too. 

11 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

I wish Reggie won a title he was always fun to watch 

if you liked watching floppers fall to the ground when barely touched I guess he’s the one to watch.    

6 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

if you liked watching floppers fall to the ground when barely touched I guess he’s the one to watch.    

He was one of the greatest playoff clutch performers ever and I would say a top 3 3pt shooter of all-time along with Curry and Allen. He also put fear into the Bulls during the 1998 ECFinals, Bulls got real lucky to win that series. It took all 7 games to do so. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was one of the greatest playoff clutch performers ever and I would say a top 3 3pt shooter of all-time along with Curry and Allen. He also put fear into the Bulls during the 1998 ECFinals, Bulls got real lucky to win that series. It took all 7 games to do so. 

And I hated him because that too!  - for what he did to the knicks not the bulls- 

i did like how they would joke about his sister being the better player.  

4 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

And I hated him because that too!  - for what he did to the knicks not the bulls- 

i did like how they would joke about his sister being the better player.  

8 points in 8 seconds in Game 1 of the 95 playoffs was the greatest thing I have ever seen. We will never see that again and it happened in 1995. Reggie played like Jordan against the Knicks.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pretty narrow minded IMO. 

OP was very very correct.

I am a Colts fan who happens to dislike the Pacers to some extent. I remember watching a game back in 1999 (when I was a kid) and he ran into a 100% stopped Clarence Weatherspoon, flopped, and bounced off. Officials called a foul on Weatherspoon despite the screen being 100% legal and him being fully stationary.

Plays like that were very very frequent of Reggie; along the same lines of Vlade Divac and Anderson Varejao.

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

I am a Colts fan who happens to dislike the Pacers to some extent. I remember watching a game back in 1999 (when I was a kid) and he ran into a 100% stopped Clarence Weatherspoon, flopped, and bounced off. Officials called a foul on Weatherspoon despite the screen being 100% legal and him being fully stationary.

Plays like that were very very frequent of Reggie; along the same lines of Vlade Divac and Anderson Varejao.

That is also being narrow minded. 

There are quite a few other things in Miller's career besides your perception of that. 

All the great players got away with some sort of the bending of the rules. 

A few examples - 

Jordan was never called for traveling (or carrying) and no one was allowed to guard him

Bird would do things considered dirty like pinch another player hard enough to leave bruising. 

Shaq got away with charging on a regular bases. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

A few examples - 

Jordan was never called for traveling (or carrying) and no one was allowed to guard him

Bird would do things considered dirty like pinch another player hard enough to leave bruising. 

That's part of what pushed me away from the NBA.   Once you become a star, you get to play the game differently than the other players.  Mostly turned me off when the announcers hopped on board with it.   They would say stuff like - He's earned the right to get that call.

2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

You and @Fluke_33 must think LeBron is a queen then and not a king because all he did vs the Pacers in the 2013 ECFinals was flop his way to a Game 7 win haha

14 minutes ago, Myles said:

That's part of what pushed me away from the NBA.   Once you become a star, you get to play the game differently than the other players.  Mostly turned me off when the announcers hopped on board with it.   They would say stuff like - He's earned the right to get that call.

Yeah, I don't watch nearly as much NBA as I used to for this reason alone. Rarely watch any regular season. Although it's worse in the playoffs.

Not anything new, but just seems like WWE sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You and @Fluke_33 must think LeBron is a queen then and not a king because all he did vs the Pacers in the 2013 ECFinals was flop his way to a Game 7 win haha

LeBron flopping is about the worst thing in sports.

Seconded by James Harden flopping. Dont know how many times he is "fouled" shooting a 3. Ridiculous.

Just now, w87r said:

LeBron flopping is about the worst thing in sports.

Seconded by James Harden flopping. Dont know how many times he is "fouled" shooting a 3. Ridiculous.

James Harden makes me sick with the calls he gets, it is beyond ridiculous. He just throws his body into people and gets the call. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

James Harden makes me sick with the calls he gets, it is beyond ridiculous. He just throws his body into people and gets the call. 

Softest playing player in the league and leads in FT attempts. Smh.

Another reason I have scaled back on watching NBA.

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

Softest playing player in the league and leads in FT attempts. Smh.

Another reason I have scaled back on watching NBA.

To me the 80's/90's and early 2000's was real basketball. You could foul hard and not get kicked out of a game and hand check too. Even in 2002 I remember Kobe getting clobbered a lot by the Kings in the WCFinals and Kobe just took it and never flopped. Nobody got kicked out of games, etc.. Some of the old Celtics/Pistons series from the 80's were just nasty dirty :funny: so were Pacers/Knicks in the 90's.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me the 80's/90's and early 2000's was real basketball. You could foul hard and not get kicked out of a game and hand check too. Even in 2002 I remember Kobe getting clobbered a lot by the Kings in the WCFianls and Kobe just took it and never flopped. Nobody got kicked out of games, etc.. Some of the old Celtics/Pistons series from the 80's were just nasty dirty :funny: so were Pacers/Knicks in the 90's.

Would of loved to see Lambeer, Sally, Oakley, Mason, Parish, McHale, etc......

Just laying the wood on LBJ and Harden and all these soft NBA players these days.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Would of loved to see Lambeer, Sally, Oakley, Mason, Parish, McHale, etc......

Just laying the wood on LBJ and Harden and all these soft NBA players these days.

I am a bit partial to the Celtic players on your since Larry Bird’s HS Coach was the PCHS Coach in the 70s and 80s

39 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

My Dad played Football with his brother in college

My father was on a baseball all star team with Yastrzemskis brother.  That kind of stuff about families and connections is awesome.   

i loved mattingly but nettles is my favorite yankee. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

That is also being narrow minded. 

There are quite a few other things in Miller's career besides your perception of that. 

All the great players got away with some sort of the bending of the rules. 

A few examples - 

Reggie is obv a great player.  Doesn’t mean he wasn’t an all time flopper. If you can’t acknowledge that then there’s another poster whose being narrow minded.  If you can’t figure out who it is...  (this is tongue in cheek)

17 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

My father was on a baseball all star team with Yastrzemskis brother.  That kind of stuff about families and connections is awesome.   

i loved mattingly but nettles is my favorite yankee. 

There is some connection between my family and every athlete to come out the Tri-State(In, Il, and Ky)

Archived