Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which division qb will throw the most tds?

Stephen

Just like I wrote in another thread, it's not likely to be Philip. Not that it would be a surprise if it were, but he prefers to run first when close to the goal line, which also aligns perfectly with this team. So that should take a good percentage of possible TD passes from his totals.

But we'll see.

3 minutes ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

Just like I wrote in another thread, it's not likely to be Philip. Not that it would be a surprise if it were, but he prefers to run first when close to the goal line, which also aligns perfectly with this team. So that should take a good percentage of possible TD passes from his totals.

But we'll see.

Thst is a good point.

It could be Phillip. Deshaun doesn’t have Hopkins anymore, the Titans are a power run based team, and who knows what we’ll get from Minshew. Phillip makes the most sense with the weapons he’ll have. Hopefully a healthy Burton, T.Y, Pittman, Hines, Taylor, Mack, and Campbell.

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I'm currently  battling  covid 19 and feeling  miserable,  but I'm going  to say between  old man rivers and watson

Praying for you to get well Stephen.

I think Minshew will throw the most INTs.

I’ll say Watson. A lot is being made of Hopkins being traded for basically a bag of skittles and toilet paper but their still goin to be a passing team. And their receiving group isn’t as bad as it’s made out to be. 

Tennessee and Indy will be better but think Tennessee will be primarily run and Colts pretty balanced. Jacksonville will suck. 

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

I'm currently  battling  covid 19 and feeling  miserable,  but I'm going  to say between  old man rivers and watson

Get well my friend. And I agree ... Rivers or Watson with slight edge to Watson.

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

Ok...   I don’t want to sound like your mother.... 

But...  

Hydrate!    Drink lots of water!  And then drink more.   Also have your wife pick up your favorite flavor of Gatorade!   Lots of electrolytes and nutrients!   There’s a reason why world class athletes who sweat so much drink that stuff. 

Also...   doctors want you to doing breathing exercises.   Do them!   Breath in.   Hold your breath!   Try for 15 seconds.   Do it repeatedly.   Then, over time, try holding your breath longer and longer.   You’re trying to exercise your lungs.   You don’t want that gunk setting in.  

Apologies if I’ve just told you what your doctors have already told you.  Occupational hazard.    Stay strong!

Even on bad days!   Stay strong!   Summon your inner strength!   And listen to your body.   Sleep!  A lot!   When you’re not sleeping, you should be napping!   Rest is your friend.

If you can, keep us posted.  We’re all thinking good thoughts for you.  The best thoughts!   Everyone here is on Team Stephen!   We’re pulling for you!

:colts:

Hope you're on the way to recovery, Stephen.

I'm with you on Rivers or Watson being the favorite to lead AFC South in TDs.  

Watson threw 26 last year, with 7 going to Hopkins and 7 going to Brandon Fells.  Kenny Stills had 4 and no other player had >3.  They added Cobb who had 3 in Dallas last year.  I do think the loss of Hopkins will impact Watson's TD numbers at least to some extent.  Cobb's certainly a solid WR in this league, but he's not at the level of Hopkins.  Also, given the fact that the Texans won the division and we got third means we'll have an easier overall schedule with our non-division games.

Rivers threw 23 last year on a team with a terrible OL and outside of Keenan Allen and their TE Hunter Henry, they didn't have many receiving weapons.  Austin Ekeler led them in receiving TDs (8 to Allen's 6) - I think Hines can be very analogous to Ekeler in this offense.  I think Henry's an overall better receiver than Doyle, but Doyle really thrives in redzone and short yard situations.  If we can stay healthy, I think we have the best group of skill players in the AFC South and we have a couple big bodied WRs (Pittman and potentially Patmon) plus the speed of TY and Campbell should make them viable redzone threats or deep TD threats.  

This will be the best OL Rivers has played behind in a long time (perhaps ever).  

If I had to bet, it'll be close with a slight edge to Rivers over Watson.  

I think Rivers will have a more limited role in this offense than he did in his prime. We will continue to run the ball, probably not as much as last year but still a lot. 

I think Tannehill is poised for regression and their offense is still structured around Henry's running.

Minshew is a wildcard but they seem to be aiming at a QB high next year so... I don't think he will be the standout of the division.

This leaves Watson. Even though he lost his best weapon I feel like he still has enough good receiving options to take the win in TDs in the AFC South. David Johnson also seems to be highly regarded by BoB so j think he will get the chance to show off his receiving ability as a mismatch split out wide too.

With all out of the way, the more important thing - I hope you get well and feel better soon, Stephen. 

12 hours ago, Stephen said:

Take care Stephen

We're here to keep you company

Get well Stephen, your Colts family is counting on you.

I hate to say it, but the Texans have the best QB in the division.  Maybe second best in the AFC?  Even though they lost the best receiver in the league, I still think Watson will throw the most TDs.

Rivers second, with a ton of play action.

Stephen, keep fighting brother. When I had my mystery illness I alternated between Vitamin Water and Gatorade. It was literally the only thing I was able to drink or eat... 

I’d say it’s a toss up between Rivers and Watson for the most. Both have some question marks in regards to WR play, so it’s really going to come down to who’s weapons manage to stay healthy. Watson on paper should be better, but O’Brian took his favorite weapon away. 

13 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

I say Watson, Rivers will be a close second due to Taylor picking up some of the workload.

What about Tannehill for titans I would potentially put him above Watson to have more touchdowns this year Watson has a bunch of injury prone guys now that never lived up to the hype of their draft position.

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

Take care Stephen

We're here to keep you company

Get well buddy.

I believe the AFC South could see three QB's with 30+ TD passes this year.  IMO, Watson is the unquestioned star of the four QB's in the South though.  I'm going to say even with Hopkins out of the picture, he still tosses 36-38 TD passes.  I believe Rivers will have a very solid season, supported in a huge way by Taylor, Mack (play action, play action, play action), Hilton, Pittman and a healthy version of Campbell.  Rivers throws 30 and the Colts win the SOUTH!

8 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Get well Stephen, your Colts family is counting on you.

I hate to say it, but the Texans have the best QB in the division.  Maybe second best in the AFC?  Even though they lost the best receiver in the league, I still think Watson will throw the most TDs.

Rivers second, with a ton of play action.

I guess you could  second as watson and Mahomes  win playoff  games. Ravens lamar Jackson  hasn't 

Archived