Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts Game Day Thread


Nadine

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the horrible throw, I've actually liked Brissett in this game more than in most other games. I actually think it's one of his strongest ones for whatever that means... Seems like he took a lot of what he had trouble with in last game and worked on it this week and made some completions that needed to be made. 

 

edit: with that said, he's been pretty bad when blitzed. He can't seem to process things quickly enough and make a decision to either throw it away or seek his checkdown. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

he's not special either tho? hes just lucky the titans have a horrendous pass D and are leaving every WR open at least 3 yards

Oh, I definitely agree he's not special, but nowhere near garbage today.  Last week, well...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Losing a lot of faith in Reich. He is not that great of a play caller. He's above average, but that's it. He runs on 2nd and LONG 9 out of 10 times. We gain 2-3 yards, and we have a low percentage chance of getting a first down. 
 

It's pathetic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jacoby is the answer or atleast wait another season with healthy receivers.  He is not Peyton or Andrew, he needs a more balanced team and better talent to succeed.   Atleast give the kid another year before you guys calling his trash.  We the fan have to get use to winning differently.  Relax allow this team to grow and find themselves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colts1324 said:

Losing a lot of faith in Reich. He is not that great of a play caller. He's above average, but that's it. He runs on 2nd and LONG 9 out of 10 times. We gain 2-3 yards, and we have a low percentage chance of getting a first down. 
 

It's pathetic.

Reich? How bout the guy running the plays..... Reich did t forget how to call a game, JB just has zero awareness or ability to anazlye and adjust on the fly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shafty138 said:

This team needs to figure it out fast though, either have a plan to end up with a QB as the future, or bottom the * out for a year so you can draft one....mediocrity at QB is a miserable place to be

exactly that was my biggest fear this year was stuck in QB mediocrity....

Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be obvious to anyone looking at the playcalls as a whole this

 year, that they don't trust Brissett to make many plays at all.  There's a reason we run on third and long a lot.... It's not because Frank is an * all of a sudden....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cgi4life said:

I think Jacoby is the answer or atleast wait another season with healthy receivers.  He is not Peyton or Andrew, he needs a more balanced team and better talent to succeed.   Atleast give the kid another year before you guys calling his trash.  We the fan have to get use to winning differently.  Relax allow this team to grow and find themselves. 

I agree plus we don’t have our best running back and we are missing some key players. He does need to be better. Though and not make dumb plays  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

It should be obvious to anyone looking at the playcalls as a whole this

 year, that they don't trust Brissett to make many plays at all.  There's a reason we run on third and long a lot.... It's not because Frank is an * all of a sudden....

The reason is we have street guys at WR, I agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

JB is garbage today?  Really??  What game are you watching??

Yep.  We could always count on Andrew tossing a head scratcher every few games.

So what I’ve seen so far from JB, he still isn’t looking off from many of his first reads and half the time it opens the other half it doesn’t.  So you can as a defense just flow to wherever he looks first because he isn’t turning his head. And then the stupid pick. Despite his good plays, and there have been some, his bad plays are far more than the good. He just isn’t a good qb. How long can a QB hold the ball before a coach understands he needs to add in quicker passes vs longer development plays. I’m so frustrated watching JB wait for his guy to come open and ignoring the other side. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Losing a lot of faith in Reich. He is not that great of a play caller. He's above average, but that's it. He runs on 2nd and LONG 9 out of 10 times. We gain 2-3 yards, and we have a low percentage chance of getting a first down. 
 

It's pathetic.

 

To his defense, he's not working with much.  He's working with all backups against a good defensive front.  Back up caliber QB, WRs, RBs and a kicker who can't get it done.  I don't know if many coaches could do much with this current offense.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malakai432 said:

 

To his defense, he's not working with much.  He's working with all backups against a good defensive front.  Back up caliber QB, WRs, RBs and a kicker who can't get it done.  I don't know if many coaches could do much with this current offense.  

Frank clearly disputed that against Houston when he said the recievers were open. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mahagga73 said:

Frank clearly disputed that against Houston when he said the receivers were open. 

 

I would say this current lineup is worse off.  

Just now, bestQBever said:

For Brian Hoyer? you must not have watched the Miami game...

 

Yeah as much as I'm not a fan of JB, definitely NOT time for Hoyer!  not safe for work no GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

So what I’ve seen so far from JB, he still isn’t looking off from many of his first reads and half the time it opens the other half it doesn’t.  So you can as a defense just flow to wherever he looks first because he isn’t turning his head. And then the stupid pick. Despite his good plays, and there have been some, his bad plays are far more than the good. He just isn’t a good qb. How long can a QB hold the ball before a coach understands he needs to add in quicker passes vs longer development plays. I’m so frustrated watching JB wait for his guy to come open and ignoring the other side. 

His reads look better this game.  Maybe because his first read is actually open more.

 

Where I have seen good progress today is that he is actually releasing the ball instead of tucking it and running.  I think that's in response to your mention of holding the ball too long.  He's learning to trust his receivers.  Maybe he's making progress?  I don't know, but he is definitely better this game than the last couple.  He has a long way to go, but I do see him making progress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine locked this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I would, he's been a flag magnet as of late.
    • I agree.  We should make it at 10-6 but 9-7 looks iffy.  But we will likely see the #2 seed unless we ca win 11 games.  Eason should start if we miss the playoffs because Rivers will be done.  I think that would also see Jacoby back as the backup.  I can't see him being signed to start elsewhere, certainly not paid starter money.  
    • What a boss. Finds out he has cancer but still shows up to work on Sunday. Dude is gonna beat it and come back better than ever. 
    • Only if we lose 4 straight or are out of the playoffs.     We should finish no worse than 9-7.  That may not make the playoffs though as a wildcard.  We have to not only pick up 2 games over TN in 5 games, we'd also have to beat their AFC record.  We have 5 AFC games left, they have 3.  We have 2 less wins in the AFC.  We have to win 2 more than them, so if they say win 2 of their 3 AFC games, that is no possible without sweeping the season.  We are screwed on so many tie breakers right now  If we get eliminated from the playoffs, Eason should immediately finish the season unless he is simply not cutting it, then Brissett should because no playoffs, no Rivers.     I think we could win 3 of 5 however and be a Wildcard. I don't love our chances at 10-6 though with all the tiebreaker losses. Cleveland is likely in with their easy schedule. Baltimore has the tiebreaker. LV may play themselves out of it so that would leave us as the 6th or 7th seed.  KC or Buf/TN.  We may yet get revenge on TN.  I would pick us with a full roster rematch.  
    • You dislike Philip Rivers? You have since he was in college? Couldn't really tell from your post, but you're not Tiffany's high school boyfriend or anything are you?
  • Members

    • RollerColt

      RollerColt 2,898

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BeanDiasucci

      BeanDiasucci 152

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Sumo63

      Sumo63 509

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • colts824

      colts824 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 21,836

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Lancer1

      Lancer1 238

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Bolts2Colts

      Bolts2Colts 175

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Wyldhorsefan

      Wyldhorsefan 154

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsva

      coltsva 1,789

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • JPFolks

      JPFolks 1,054

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...