Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nadine

Titans @ Colts Game Day Thread

2 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

CK might see some action, if we see more of JB's poor performance.

NO he is inactive. Campbell is also inactive.

There is a misconception that we don’t do well with FA WRs. We don’t do well with the cheap * FA WRs. Johnson was old as hell, Heyward-Bey was never good, Nicks-Old. Ryan Grant- cheap, Aiken -another cheap option, Avery cheap again. 

Stop being cheap 

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

There is a misconception that we don’t do well with FA WRs. We don’t do well with the cheap * FA WRs. Johnson was old as hell, Heyward-Bey was never good, Nicks-Old. Ryan Grant- cheap, Aiken -another cheap option, Avery cheap again. 

Stop being cheap 

I would bring DF back if he wants to come back and draft another one.

Our entire defense is healthy today. No injuries. They need to step up and get some turnovers.

We're at the game. Just got Coach Reich and Quenton Nelson autographs on my flag!

Go COLTS

IMG_20191201_124653_082.jpg

need special play out of our defense ,hoping Jacoby got tired of hearing all the negativity 

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

We're at the game. Just got Coach Reich and Quenton Nelson autographs on my flag!

Go COLTS

Awesome ,does Reich look confident?

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Stop being cheap 

To be fair, DF wasn't cheap..... Just short term deal, so maybe they are changing their philosophy on WR?  Ballard hasn't signed a lot of cheap wr.... Grigson loved them though....

Thanks for opening the thread, Nadine.  I guess LOS is on IR?  Best to LOS!

I'm at the point where I just want to see everyone play to their best.  This team has had the injury bus run over them twice - especially in the WR group.  Just get out there and play for each other and improve each snap.  If we win, great, if we don't at least leave it out on the field (not that they haven't been all along, but my focus has shifted).

I want to see short passes on 1st downs.  A lot of play action to help out the passing game.  Mix it up a bit more.  Toss a few more deep just to keep the defense honest.

Go Colts!  All day.  Every day. 

ok let's do this Colts !!!  Hoping for a good game today, gotta get that win !!!

GOOOOO Colts !!!

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

Great punch out by Walker.

Yep.  Perfectly timed.  Hooker johnny on the spot.

Great field position.  Looking for 7!

YAY!  Pass on 1st down.  I can turn off the TV now.  I'm happy.  lol.

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Wide receivers made of glass. The Indianapolis Colts specialty. 

Backing up the Injury Bus over us again.

Hopefully he can shake it off.

2 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

Oh boy, I hope Rogers is ok :( 

Something with lower left leg... hoping for good news.

Figures.  One time JB gets it downfield on the scramble and Glow blocks downfield for him.

WOOO HOOO!!!!  TD DOYLE!!!!

Good recognition by JB!

Good play, still locking in from snap on one guy, but at least he was wide

open and downfield more than ten yards ....

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

Nice TD.

Rogers, questionable- left knee.

Biggest issue that brings is in the return game.... Rogers is solid at not fumbling fair catches.... Wonder who takes over, Dulin?

Well, play action passing, opening the game with the pass when you know Tennessee was expected to defend the run, who would have thought this would work. Glad to see a game plan adapting instead of forcing it. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• No way. I am not going to defend the job that Grigs did overall...I wanted him gone much sooner than others.   But...I will point out that you are wrong about Grigs having it easy. He inherited a terrible 2-14 roster...and a lot of dead cap that first year...from Manning and having to cut other leftover vets from the Polian era (Clark, Brackett, Bullitt, Addai).   He spent what little cap space he had to re-sign both Wayne and Mathis (moves that were criticized by some at the time)...and other cheap FAs like Redding and Avery. He also traded a future pick for a young Vontae Davis before the season began. All of those players played critical roles on that massive turnaround.   That is why he won the award...not just because of that draft (which I agree is overrated in hindsight)...but because of the totality of his work that offseason...and the situation he was in. And he absolutely deserved it.   It wasn't until he cycled through that dead cap space that he started spending real money in FA. And with an elite franchise QB on a rookie deal...he absolutely should have been aggressive. Unfortunately...he just wasn't very good at evaluation...and made poor moves left and right...while dealing with some bad injury luck. Still...it got them to precipice.    When Ballard took over, he too had a really bad roster...but lots of cap flexibility. He was more prudent (probably because of unknowns about Luck, scheme, coaching, etc.). But those unknowns also meant that Ballard's first year got to be a "rebuilding year" with little expectations...and it fortuitously resulted in the #3 pick in a QB heavy draft with multiple QB needy teams. And with a franchise QB already on the roster...he had options. To his (much deserved) credit...he absolutely crushed the trade with the NYJ and (possibly) all of the picks he got from that trade. But that was a massive opportunity that very few Execs ever get.   How does that 2018 draft look IF Luck retired a year early...and Ballard has to strongly considering using that #3 pick on a QB?    Because that's essentially what Grigs had to do. Yes he got Luck...but for the purpose of roster construction...Luck just a replacement for the franchise QB that was injured and released...and he had to use his most valuable asset he would ever have...to get that replacement. Who knows what that draft (and Grigs' overall draft record) looks like if Grigs was allowed to cash in on that pick.   I am a big Ballard fan...and I am hopeful there are great things coming for this team...but if I am being objective...if anyone got off easy their first year...it was him. There are fans that place the blame for that 2017 draft class on Pagano...and then there are others that would tell you that offseason technically didn't happen...and 2018 was actually Ballard's first year.   We all know Ballard is a better GM (all aspects)...but we really can't compare him and Grigs...because they have just had different paths. And to be fair...neither has had a winning season without Luck as the starting QB that season...but Grigs actually had a 6-4 record without Luck...while Ballard is 11-21. I expect that this season will improve upon that.
    • Much of what you say is correct, but may not mean Cam is the better QB right now.    Cam is .500 the past 46 games he has started.  So his "winner" game play has disappeared over the past 4 years.  His style of play requires the offense to be suited to him.   The Colts are not there and Rivers fit into the Colts offense much better.   
    • Tough choice since Bosa is only 1 year in.    Different positions as well.  Bosa had 1.5 more sacks but Buckner had 15 more tackles.   The Colts needed a tackle more than an end, so I am happy with Buckner.  
    • What was my point again? If people want to use 2+ years ago as a measuring stick. What I stated isn't wrong. And if going by your measuring stick, outside of last year when Can was hurt, he's had more success while playing in the NFL the same time as Rivers    I also mentioned Cams winning pedigree since college days. Another thing (National Champion) that Rivers or AL hasn't done. Why don't you deal with the facts that I mentioned. (Can winning in all levels of football)   Moreover, How many National Champ QBs end up in the Superbowl?    Since we want to mention anyone who watches football. Let's see how well you know about your own former QB AL. WHAT WAS HIS LAST GAME IN COLLEGE, WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME?   Ill tell you. He played Oklahoma State cowboys against that old QB (I believe Weeden 24-27 yr old) with WR Justin Blackmon. Outcome Standford lost. The last past that AL threw in college was a pick INT.   sir, I watch alot of ball and don't rely on "experts" to tell me who is who, and how well they played, or how much they stink. I follow more than Colts in house players and will call out any one, team, or organization. You do want win more than a divisional title for the 40th time don't you?   Can is a winner. Made Kelvin Benjamin into a Pro Bowler, the funny part is the Colts went ahead a grabbed cams WR Funchess for a drive.   The way you see Cam "play the position" looks more like Mahomes, Jackson than Rivers. But go ahead.  
  • Members

• Flash7

Flash7 2,639

• buccolts

buccolts 4,308

• w87r

w87r 1,522

• stitches

stitches 8,950

• pacolts56

pacolts56 4,732

• teganslaw