Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts Game Day Thread

Nadine

3 minutes ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

Jacoby isn't going anywhere. He got an extension, and If Frank isn't going to let Adam go after all the misses he has this year, they won't go get another QB especially with all the injuries on the offense, they will say all the injuries to key players  is the direct result of Jacoby's inconsistencies.

If you're going to make that criticism, it should be directed at Ballard. 

• Nadine locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Getting into the top 10 for us I don’t think will be a problem.  It’s the teams that will pick in front of us.  As long as the teams in front of us aren’t qb needy teams (like the bears) I’m fine with not having a top 5 pick, but we need to stay in the top 10 for insurance.   right now the teams I’m worried about, as we currently sit at #8:   1st  Texans:  we know they’re grabbing a qb.  No brainer   2nd Seahawks:  got this pick via broncos.  Geno is playing well but we know he’s not the long term answer.  Seahawks may be willing to part ways with him and sign their qb of the future.   4th Panthers:  another no brainer.  Will be getting a qb.   5th Lions:  Goff looks solid but atp he’s a journeyman.  Lions will be looking to get a franchise qb to put in that young talented offense   7th Steelers:  Pickett doesn’t look like the answer.  Pretty sure they’ll be looking to upgrade at qb   then there’s us at 8th.  The only team in the top 10 I see possibly moving back due to winning are the steelers and bears.  The other teams in front us are picks that were traded and I don’t see those teams winning, besides the saints.   if we can stay in the top 10, I’m thinking we should maybe entice the bears with a trade to move up.  They’re the only team in the top 5 with their qb position solidified and will be looking to load up on picks to continue building.  If we can move into the top 5 then I think we’re fine.          
    • Got to watch the game this morning. Wish I hadn’t.    I don’t know about Ryan. Sit him and save some money on the cap next season and “risk” Foles somehow getting this turd of an offense going. OR play him and risk the cap hit for a better draft pick.    Looking forward to the offseason. There’s A LOT to do for whoever’s our GM. I don’t buy it when people say we’re only a few pieces away. 
    • I’ve been checked out since we fired Reich.  I’m looking forward to the off season.   good:   - JT actually played well but once Dallas said enough, that was pretty much it for the game. - Alec Pierce and the receivers look promising.  Wonder how they’d look with a better qb  - this loss put us in the top 10 for picks   bad:   - 4th quarter defense:  35 points in one quarter.  I don’t know if this was because they were gassed or what, but to play ok for 3qtrs and then just absolutely collapse in the 4th is just down right bad. - no use of jelani woods: I don’t get it.  We’d rather put granson on the outside than to use woods who has showed when utilized he produces.  Woods should be the catching TE.  Mo should be the blocking tight end. - Matt Ryan:  I’ve already eaten crow about Ryan this year.  But wow, he’s done.   - offensive line:  just bad once again.  Ryan Kelly needs to be released.  - run defense: basically got punked.     oh, and Ballard should not be here next year.  
    • This is the most accurate evaluation, and fair about all, all things considered.    Those who think team will do much better with just a different QB or even with a top drafted rookie QB will be surprised, just like every past few years. Things like a stale offense, receivers not running correct routes, QB and WRs not getting the timing right this far into the season exposes how bad off-season practices were. Lot of such nuances, and the overall roster need to be improved.    It's not an one year process, even with an elite rookie QB drafted, and the team would need a very good coaching hire with a creative offense while keeping the defense intact. Even if it all happens, fans would need patience at least for two more off-seasons to know the effectiveness of new staff and roster. 
    • Unless they lose to the Texans, 8-9 is about as high as they are going to get.  Even if they lose out, they probably won't get higher than #5.     We will still most likely need to make a deal.  Let's hope Chicago ends up where they are.  We're a non-division, non-NFC team, and Ballard treated Eberflus right after McDaniels bailed.  They probably won't mind dealing with us.
  • Members

• Coltsbluefan

Coltsbluefan 122

• FanFromtheWasteland

FanFromtheWasteland 81

• coming on strong

coming on strong 3,482

• Behle

Behle 78

• DiogoSales

DiogoSales 399

• Grewich