Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans @ Colts Game Day Thread

Nadine

Despite the horrible throw, I've actually liked Brissett in this game more than in most other games. I actually think it's one of his strongest ones for whatever that means... Seems like he took a lot of what he had trouble with in last game and worked on it this week and made some completions that needed to be made. 

edit: with that said, he's been pretty bad when blitzed. He can't seem to process things quickly enough and make a decision to either throw it away or seek his checkdown. 

• Like 2

I think Jacoby is the answer or atleast wait another season with healthy receivers.  He is not Peyton or Andrew, he needs a more balanced team and better talent to succeed.   Atleast give the kid another year before you guys calling his trash.  We the fan have to get use to winning differently.  Relax allow this team to grow and find themselves. 

Just now, Colts1324 said:

Losing a lot of faith in Reich. He is not that great of a play caller. He's above average, but that's it. He runs on 2nd and LONG 9 out of 10 times. We gain 2-3 yards, and we have a low percentage chance of getting a first down. 

It's pathetic.

Reich? How bout the guy running the plays..... Reich did t forget how to call a game, JB just has zero awareness or ability to anazlye and adjust on the fly.

Just now, Shafty138 said:

This team needs to figure it out fast though, either have a plan to end up with a QB as the future, or bottom the * out for a year so you can draft one....mediocrity at QB is a miserable place to be

exactly that was my biggest fear this year was stuck in QB mediocrity....

2 minutes ago, cgi4life said:

I think Jacoby is the answer or atleast wait another season with healthy receivers.  He is not Peyton or Andrew, he needs a more balanced team and better talent to succeed.   Atleast give the kid another year before you guys calling his trash.  We the fan have to get use to winning differently.  Relax allow this team to grow and find themselves. 

I agree plus we don’t have our best running back and we are missing some key players. He does need to be better. Though and not make dumb plays  

8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

JB is garbage today?  Really??  What game are you watching??

Yep.  We could always count on Andrew tossing a head scratcher every few games.

So what I’ve seen so far from JB, he still isn’t looking off from many of his first reads and half the time it opens the other half it doesn’t.  So you can as a defense just flow to wherever he looks first because he isn’t turning his head. And then the stupid pick. Despite his good plays, and there have been some, his bad plays are far more than the good. He just isn’t a good qb. How long can a QB hold the ball before a coach understands he needs to add in quicker passes vs longer development plays. I’m so frustrated watching JB wait for his guy to come open and ignoring the other side. 

8 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Losing a lot of faith in Reich. He is not that great of a play caller. He's above average, but that's it. He runs on 2nd and LONG 9 out of 10 times. We gain 2-3 yards, and we have a low percentage chance of getting a first down. 

It's pathetic.

To his defense, he's not working with much.  He's working with all backups against a good defensive front.  Back up caliber QB, WRs, RBs and a kicker who can't get it done.  I don't know if many coaches could do much with this current offense.  

Just now, Malakai432 said:

To his defense, he's not working with much.  He's working with all backups against a good defensive front.  Back up caliber QB, WRs, RBs and a kicker who can't get it done.  I don't know if many coaches could do much with this current offense.  

Frank clearly disputed that against Houston when he said the recievers were open. 

Just now, mahagga73 said:

Frank clearly disputed that against Houston when he said the receivers were open. 

I would say this current lineup is worse off.  

Just now, bestQBever said:

For Brian Hoyer? you must not have watched the Miami game...

Yeah as much as I'm not a fan of JB, definitely NOT time for Hoyer!  not safe for work no GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jdubu said:

So what I’ve seen so far from JB, he still isn’t looking off from many of his first reads and half the time it opens the other half it doesn’t.  So you can as a defense just flow to wherever he looks first because he isn’t turning his head. And then the stupid pick. Despite his good plays, and there have been some, his bad plays are far more than the good. He just isn’t a good qb. How long can a QB hold the ball before a coach understands he needs to add in quicker passes vs longer development plays. I’m so frustrated watching JB wait for his guy to come open and ignoring the other side. 

His reads look better this game.  Maybe because his first read is actually open more.

Where I have seen good progress today is that he is actually releasing the ball instead of tucking it and running.  I think that's in response to your mention of holding the ball too long.  He's learning to trust his receivers.  Maybe he's making progress?  I don't know, but he is definitely better this game than the last couple.  He has a long way to go, but I do see him making progress.