Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Inman released from chargers

1 hour ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

What's being lost on everyone is that luck and Peyton, could make me a respectable player .RAre talents .Inman made plays because of luck .

Disagree the whole time he was here end of last year he outplayed Rogers and Pascal on numerous games both those guys haven't done squat lately.

3 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Disagree the whole time he was here end of last year he outplayed Rogers and Pascal on numerous games both those guys haven't done squat lately.

Inman was used differently than Rogers or Pascal. Inman was used in vertical routes more than either. Rogers played a different position and his focus a good portion of plays were "clear outs" to open up others. Pascal was used more in possession type routes. Both Inman and Pascal spent a decent amount of time in the slot, in different situations. The avgs of all three were similar. Also don't forget Pascal was just a babe last year. Inman is 30ish. 

13 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Starting to come around to the WRs won’t matter with Brissett back there. That being said I don’t think it’s necessary 

I think this is sadly the truth. Until JB shows any ability to throw open a guy, I think he is just a back up QB. 

11 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Not sure how you see the players with Luck and those same players with JB (against awful teams defenses) and defend that Luck wasn’t the cause of guys being better than they were. 

don’t get me wrong, I wanted this team to resign the guy again after what he did last year because beyond TY, he was our clearest most productive WR of the group. JB has made everyone look like average JAGS at best. I think JB has become a severe detriment to the teams eventual success. It appears the only positive that JB is giving this team is a better draft position. 

4 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I think this is sadly the truth. Until JB shows any ability to throw open a guy, I think he is just a back up QB. 

Not sure how you see the players with Luck and those same players with JB (against awful teams defenses) and defend that Luck wasn’t the cause of guys being better than they were. 

don’t get me wrong, I wanted this team to resign the guy again after what he did last year because beyond TY, he was our clearest most productive WR of the group. JB has made everyone look like average JAGS at best. I think JB has become a severe detriment to the teams eventual success. It appears the only positive that JB is giving this team is a better draft position. 

Not really, JB has been good enough to win several games for us.  If you want a better draft position, start Hoyer.  

Problem is JB plays well enough to give a good team a chance to win in just about every game.  But he's just not good enough to make a good team dominate like it could be.  

So we likely won't be picking in the top 10 with JB at QB.  But we also arn't likely to make it to the SB.  

Figure it this way, every game but the one against the jags has been decided by one score.  So JB essentially makes most games a coin flip with the team around him.  That won't get us to the top of the draft board.  

There is such a thing as chemistry between a QB and receiver. And for whatever reason, Luck and Inman had it.

I doubt it's because Inman is such a good receiver. I think he's okay/good. But he was able to gain Luck's trust and made plays when called upon. Not sure it would happen with JB.

7 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Ya and that's why I saying time to Bench Jacoby colts brass if they don't bench him then it becomes obvious that they don't think this team could go to the playoffs no matter who is back there I think Kelly has the Highest ceiling of all three QB's on the roster.

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Not really, JB has been good enough to win several games for us.  If you want a better draft position, start Hoyer.  

Problem is JB plays well enough to give a good team a chance to win in just about every game.  But he's just not good enough to make a good team dominate like it could be.  

So we likely won't be picking in the top 10 with JB at QB.  But we also arn't likely to make it to the SB.  

Figure it this way, every game but the one against the jags has been decided by one score.  So JB essentially makes most games a coin flip with the team around him.  That won't get us to the top of the draft board.  

Fair points made. Problem I see in JB though is he has held a decent offense back. He certainly has protected the ball for the most part but given a slightly better QB, this team probably had the chance to be deep into the playoffs. If only he could learn to throw a guy open, the game would so open up. 

8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya and that's why I saying time to Bench Jacoby colts brass if they don't bench him then it becomes obvious that they don't think this team could go to the playoffs no matter who is back there I think Kelly has the Highest ceiling of all three QB's on the roster.

I don’t think there is any doubts Kelly has the highest ceiling of the three. The only reason Hoyer was brought here was to mentor JB and get his skill sets honed better. You may be right in the brass didn’t think this was the team to get there with either of the three QB’s so ride JB all the way and get him reps. I know we all forget just a little that it’s only JB’s real first starters role in the league, even if he’s had plenty of camp time and preseason work and the 2017 stint in the saddle. It’s just different when you’re told at the start of the season, this is now your team, go win it. 

18 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Fair points made. Problem I see in JB though is he has held a decent offense back. He certainly has protected the ball for the most part but given a slightly better QB, this team probably had the chance to be deep into the playoffs. If only he could learn to throw a guy open, the game would so open up. 

Oh yeah this was a top 5 offense with Luck.  Now it's 22 in yards, 17 in points.  

Don't get me wrong JB is holding us back.  I just disagree with your characterization that he's only good to improve our draft position.  When really a big problem is that he's too good to give us good draft position.  But not good enough to make the team dominate enough to realistically push for a championship.  

It is essentially quarterback purgatory.  

On 11/27/2019 at 10:12 AM, Valpo2004 said:

Oh yeah this was a top 5 offense with Luck.  Now it's 22 in yards, 17 in points.  

Don't get me wrong JB is holding us back.  I just disagree with your characterization that he's only good to improve our draft position.  When really a big problem is that he's too good to give us good draft position.  But not good enough to make the team dominate enough to realistically push for a championship.  

It is essentially quarterback purgatory.  

I’m not sure he has looked like the guy who is putting us in purgatory though. The only positive to his game is not turning the ball over. The only problem is, he is turning it over but it’s usually 3 and outs. Teams have his game completely figured out now from film and he is looking worse each game imho. It’s sad because at first, I really thought he was going to be solid, not a star but definitely not what we’ve seen this year. 

4 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I’m not sure he has looked like the guy who is putting us in purgatory though. The only positive to his game is not turning the ball over. The only problem is, he is turning it over but it’s usually 3 and outs. Teams have his game completely figured out now from film and he is looking worse each game imho. It’s sad because at first, I really thought he was going to be solid, not a star but definitely not what we’ve seen this year. 

It's still purgatory. The running game and the D are actually keeping us in range.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

It's still purgatory. The running game and the D are actually keeping us in range.

I call QB purgatory 3+ years with no hope in sight. JB being poor in 1 year isn’t that, it just is a bad season and as long as the team doesn’t continue pounding this peg into the hole, we have potential to get out of it. Could be Kelly, Luck returning or drafting a new QB with hope. If we bounce around for 3 seasons with different guys that are producing near this level of play, then we got an issue. Right now it’s just a down spot. More to see as the year unfolds. 

3 hours ago, Jdubu said:

I call QB purgatory 3+ years with no hope in sight. JB being poor in 1 year isn’t that, it just is a bad season and as long as the team doesn’t continue pounding this peg into the hole, we have potential to get out of it. Could be Kelly, Luck returning or drafting a new QB with hope. If we bounce around for 3 seasons with different guys that are producing near this level of play, then we got an issue. Right now it’s just a down spot. More to see as the year unfolds. 

The key is recognizing purgatory the first year you are in it, so you're not like a frog in a pot waiting for it to boil. Timing is everything and you only get so many shots to make the right move. If we draft, that tells me we have recognized it, and trying to get out. 

I think we're both kind of saying the same thing, I just prefer to react and correct "down spots" quickly.

On 11/29/2019 at 2:50 PM, EastStreet said:

The key is recognizing purgatory the first year you are in it, so you're not like a frog in a pot waiting for it to boil. Timing is everything and you only get so many shots to make the right move. If we draft, that tells me we have recognized it, and trying to get out. 

I think we're both kind of saying the same thing, I just prefer to react and correct "down spots" quickly.

I think when you are in this spot the only thing you can do is roll the dice, either by making a big trade up or by taking a pick with a lot of question marks on him.  

Because it's really hard to dump a decent QB for a terrible QB and explain to the fans.  I think some of the fans understand the value of tanking, but I tend to think many do not and it's pretty looked down upon anyways.  

In my view in all honesty, since playoffs seems pretty unlikely at this point, Colts should tank all of the rest of the games.   Go 6 - 10 and we can likely draft somewhere within a few picks of 10th overall.  At that spot maybe we could package our 2nds with the 2021 first to make a trade up with the Giants for one of the blue chip QB's.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think when you are in this spot the only thing you can do is roll the dice, either by making a big trade up or by taking a pick with a lot of question marks on him.  

Because it's really hard to dump a decent QB for a terrible QB and explain to the fans.  I think some of the fans understand the value of tanking, but I tend to think many do not and it's pretty looked down upon anyways.  

In my view in all honesty, since playoffs seems pretty unlikely at this point, Colts should tank all of the rest of the games.   Go 6 - 10 and we can likely draft somewhere within a few picks of 10th overall.  At that spot maybe we could package our 2nds with the 2021 first to make a trade up with the Giants for one of the blue chip QB's.  

I don't see us tanking at this point. If we lose to TB, which is very possible (TB is favored by 3), then I could see us more or less mathematically eliminated (less than 5%). Right now we are at 10% making the playoffs per 538. If we lose, our odds drop to 2%.

Once that happens I can see them resting guys that are injured (TY, Mack) and not trying to bring back Funch and Campbell to allow them to heal. So not quote unquote tanking, but prioritizing health/recovery over wins that won't mean anything. I'd hope they'd also let some of the young/fringe guys play to audition for next year. 

On drafting a QB, there's been smoke about Ballards interest in Love since before the season started. Not saying he's locked in on Love, just that it's pretty obvious there is, or at least was, sincere interest at some point. And we likely wouldn't have to move up for him. If he wants to try for one of the other guys, then yes, he might have to move up.