Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any legs to the Nelson Agholor to Colts Trade Rumor?

bhougland

Have you guys seen this?

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/10/nfl-trade-rumors-eagles-nelson-agholor-to-the-colts-why-this-nflcom-writer-thinks-a-deal-make-sense.html

I also think it makes sense.  We seem to pickup free agents where our coaching (or GM) have a history (Inman, Houston, etc).  What are your thoughts?  Also, unfortunately we seem to like guys that have a history of the drops...lol!

I say no picks, trade for him straight up for Quincy Wilson.  Eagles need secondary players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bhougland said:

Have you guys seen this?

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/10/nfl-trade-rumors-eagles-nelson-agholor-to-the-colts-why-this-nflcom-writer-thinks-a-deal-make-sense.html

I also think it makes sense.  We seem to pickup free agents where our coaching (or GM) have a history (Inman, Houston, etc).  What are your thoughts?  Also, unfortunately we seem to like guys that have a history of the drops...lol!

No.  The article you linked was just someone agreeing with another article that listed a trade scenario for each that the writer thought made sense.

There is nothing in either article that indicates this is anything more than something someone thought would be a good trade and someone else agreed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just got off the phone with Ballard and he said yes if they agree to a conditional 7th but they want a 7th straight up so he’s not sure...

In all seriousness none of us know if there legs to these rumors that’s why they are rumors.

In this case that story looks like someone just found an article that said hey these trades make sense and went yeah I agree with that.  That’s not even a rumor.

14 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No.  The article you linked was just someone agreeing with another article that listed a trade scenario for each that the writer thought made sense.

There is nothing in either article that indicates this is anything more than something someone thought would be a good trade and someone else agreed.

That's what all of these articles are about before the trade deadline.  All Hypotheticals.  The Agholor suggestion has been out there for awhile now.  A lot of sports writers see this one as making a lot of sense.  And it's not hard to see where it makes sense to a lot of people. 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That's what all of these articles are about before the trade deadline.  All Hypotheticals.  The Agholor suggestion has been out there for awhile now.  A lot of sports writers see this one as making a lot of sense.  And it's not hard to see where it makes sense to a lot of people. 

I understand that.  But the OP was asking if there were "any legs" to the rumor.  So my answer and response was to that... no, there are no legs to the rumor.  And that it's not even a rumor, it's one writer's thought.

35 minutes ago, bhougland said:

Have you guys seen this?

I say no picks, trade for him straight up for Quincy Wilson.  Eagles need secondary players.

They are reportedly looking for secondary players so they might find Quincy as an enticing option.  Although I'm not sure Ballard would want to part with him at this time.  

18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

They are reportedly looking for secondary players so they might find Quincy as an enticing option.  Although I'm not sure Ballard would want to part with him at this time.  

I doubt they would take the trade straight up, but after "Aligator arms gate" last week who knows.

Just another beat writer’s opinion. I actually don’t think the Colts WR position is in need of help with Z. Pascal’s play and Funchess returning soon. 

Cain would probably have to be cut, if they even considered trading for a WR anyways.

And that would hurt some feelings here. 

Pascal on the up tick Cain and Campbell Both rookies showing promise, some guy named Funchess poised to come off IR and play in a few weeks......why bring in a #1 with work ethic problems that would have to work hard to get up to speed (see how that doesnt make sense) , trying to figure out why that would even be a "thing" to do....might as well trade for a starting LG while were at it.....This is a talking head to lazy to research a situation, and wanting to connect obvious dots (Reich formerly in Philly) thing.......

26 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Just another beat writer’s opinion. I actually don’t think the Colts WR position is in need of help with Z. Pascal’s play and Funchess returning soon. 

Cain would probably have to be cut, if they even considered trading for a WR anyways.

And that would hurt some feelings here. 

It will hurt some feelings...but it might happen regardless. Cain is not a viable NFL WR right now...he has only caught 1/3 of his targets for a whopping 52 yards while playing nearly half the offensive snaps. This team is ready to win now...and has to put productive talent around the offense. I hope they draft one early next year to be that guy.

As for this year...I don't see Ballard making a move. The Agholor talk is because Reich coached him. But they don't need another somewhat expensive, not-fast slot WR type who doesn't catch well...they already have one of those coming off injury soon...who JB is at least familiar with.

I would have made that Sanders move in a heartbeat though. Very underrated player.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Crunked said:

Pascal on the up tick Cain and Campbell Both rookies showing promise, some guy named Funchess poised to come off IR and play in a few weeks......why bring in a #1 with work ethic problems that would have to work hard to get up to speed (see how that doesnt make sense) , trying to figure out why that would even be a "thing" to do....might as well trade for a starting LG while were at it.....This is a talking head to lazy to research a situation, and wanting to connect obvious dots (Reich formerly in Philly) thing.......

What promise has Cain showed? Not attacking, just honestly asking

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

I agree...and it's a fair question. He's not hurting the team...but he's just not really helping them..at least relative to other guys. For him to have that snap share and that stat line...something is up. Either he's not getting open or JB/Reich doesn't trust him...or both. We know he has been open a few times on deep routes...but I am guessing he's like the 4th or 5th read on most plays.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bhougland said:

Have you guys seen this?

The more I think about it I can see Ballard parting ways with Quincy but not for Agholor but as part of a trade for Williams of the Jets.   We seem to like dealing with them. 

47 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

TC 2 years ago. A lot a folks wet their pants, Cain was going to be awesome. 

When he’s cut, I’ll do the honors of starting the eat crow thread for them.

I never bought the Cain hype. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MPStack said:

TC 2 years ago. A lot a folks wet their pants, Cain was going to be awesome. 

When he’s cut, I’ll do the honors of starting the eat crow thread for them.

I never bought the Cain hype. 

You'll end up wrong.  My how fast we give up on people before they ever get started. 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

It wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit to be. 

However, if you’re wrong, will you admit you bought the ridiculous TC hype?

Oh sure I will.  I trust Ballards eye for talent especially if I really feel I see what he saw in the person .

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

You know the weed deal caused that. Nothing else

Lots of drops and poor route runner in college. Strictly an outside WR with zero return experience.

There is more to his 6th Rd drafting.

Hope your right! I’m just not a believer in Cain. Cheers!

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Lots of drops and poor route runner in college. Strictly an outside WR with zero return experience.

There is more to his 6th Rd drafting.

Hope your right! I’m just not a believer in Cain. Cheers!

Hadn't seen him drop many balls here with the Colts and most of the young WR have those other problems you list in year 1 which is basically what this is for him considering the ACL.. I'm going to at least give it a full season.

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The fact that you needed to explain that...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bhougland said:

Have you guys seen this?

6 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I understand that.  But the OP was asking if there were "any legs" to the rumor.  So my answer and response was to that... no, there are no legs to the rumor.  And that it's not even a rumor, it's one writer's thought.

Looks like this Question has been answered.  Closing

• Like 1

• Nadine locked this topic