Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minkah Fitzpatrick

10 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’d trade our 2nd rounder for him potentially if they feel like he and Hooker would make a stud Safety duo. Unless they feel very  comfortable with Geathers and Willis. 

Part of the problem Minkah has with the Dolphins is that they're using him as a SS. I don't think we'd want to move Malik into the box, and we have Kenny manning the slot. Not sure where Minkah would fit in, starter-wise, on our team.

Though if I remember correctly, during his draft process people RAVED about his character and leadership, so that would definitely fit into the locker room.

I don't see us making a move. Especially if Miami is trying to ask for a 1st rounder.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I’d trade our 2nd rounder for him potentially if they feel like he and Hooker would make a stud Safety duo. Unless they feel very  comfortable with Geathers and Willis. 

He was drafted out of college as a CB, so I can see a Rock Ya Sin, Minkah, and Moore trio in the years to follow

6 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Part of the problem Minkah has with the Dolphins is that they're using him as a SS. I don't think we'd want to move Malik into the box, and we have Kenny manning the slot. Not sure where Minkah would fit in, starter-wise, on our team.

Though if I remember correctly, during his draft process people RAVED about his character and leadership, so that would definitely fit into the locker room.

I don't see us making a move. Especially if Miami is trying to ask for a 1st rounder.

I think Minkah could play any position in the secondary.

• Like 1

He would seem to be an exact fit for our defense

However........

A 2021 first round........ maybe

Until we are 100% sold on our QB situation.......  Im holding my 2020 first round pick TIGHTLY

And no, I am not sold (At least YET) that our future QB is on our current roster.

• Like 1

I would give up a 1st for him in a heartbeat.  

Fitzpatrick, a defensive back, signed a four-year, $16,447,773 contract with the Dolphins after being the 11th overall pick in the 2018 draft. 

Fitzpatrick will be a bargain for a team in need of a versatile defender that can play both safety and cornerback. According to OverTheCap.com's Jason Fitzgerald, Fitzpatrick has already received about 64 percent of his rookie contract, meaning that whoever trades for him will only owe him a little more than a third of his rookie deal. 

The 6-foot-2, 202-pound defensive back starred at the University of Alabama prior to being drafted by the Dolphins. A two-time national champion, Fitzpatrick, a captain on Alabama's 2017 national championship team, was a unanimous All-American that season along with being the recipient of the Bednarik and Thorpe awards.

As a rookie, Fitzpatrick appeared in each of Miami's 16 games, making 11 starts. He recorded 80 tackles while intercepting two passes and breaking up nine more. He recorded five tackles in the Dolphins' Week 1 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. 

• Like 2

Hes a Colt type player. Probably would be a CB on this team considering we are needing more corners who can play man along with zone responsibilities. Its a plus that he can play SS also. Depends on what the asking price is. I dont think Desir and Quincy Wilson are the long term answers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hes a Colt type player. Probably would be a CB on this team considering we are needing more corners who can play man along with zone responsibilities. Its a plus that he can play SS also.

He would be as good as clayton geathers at SS. Not saying their play is the same, just the talent at that certain position.

37 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Would depend on the cost and his contract situation but any situation where you can get a stud, at any position, should be looked at.

However, if they got 2 1st's and a 2nd for Tunsil, I shudder to think what they believe Minkah is worth! :woah:

Gee, his contract and the reported asking price is shown in ANY quick search.

We have plenty of amo to add to a 2nd rd pick to get him.
 Depending on what position he wants to play also.

1 minute ago, CaptainColt12 said:

He would be as good as clayton geathers at SS. Not saying their play is the same, just the talent at that certain position.

Hed be better than Clayton because he has instincts and can make plays on the football. Clayton is just a tackler.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hes a Colt type player. Probably would be a CB on this team considering we are needing more corners who can play man along with zone responsibilities. Its a plus that he can play SS also. Depends on what the asking price is. I dont think Desir and Quincy Wilson are the long term answers.

Wonder if a second plus choice of Geathers, Wilson or Desir for the trade?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hed be better than Clayton because he has instincts and can make plays on the football. Clayton is just a tackler.

At 202, that seems lighter than I’d want from my SS. I’d rather have that SS sitting around the 220 mark, would have to be more durable taking on those backs coming out of the backfield. I’d be fine with him covering TE’s in the passing routes but 202 is just asking for injuries to crop up. Perhaps he is bigger now than this article gave him credit for. 

3 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

At 202, that seems lighter than I’d want from my SS. I’d rather have that SS sitting around the 220 mark, would have to be more durable taking on those backs coming out of the backfield. I’d be fine with him covering TE’s in the passing routes but 202 is just asking for injuries to crop up. Perhaps he is bigger now than this article gave him credit for. 

I think hes a CB. He can play Ss if you asked him. Maybe not the first place youd play him. Im just saying even being played out of position hed probably be better than Geathers.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

God forbid one of our division rivals picks him up.

24 minutes ago, krunk said:

I would do it for a 2nd this year and a first next year I think he is worth it but that's just me.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Would depend on the cost and his contract situation but any situation where you can get a stud, at any position, should be looked at.

However, if they got 2 1st's and a 2nd for Tunsil, I shudder to think what they believe Minkah is worth! :woah:

Good point. Either that Tunsil deal was an outlier...or it jacked up the trade market. Either way...since MIA was involved in the 1st deal...they are going to have a big asking price.

27 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Wonder if a second plus choice of Geathers, Wilson or Desir for the trade?

Funny. They are rebuilding and you think they would want Geathers OR Desir.
 How about one of Cain, Willis, Hines, And a second and another pick. 

What our D Must have is a really high end corner.
 A guy you can leave on an island so Hooker is more free to help evryone else.
That guy in NE pays up for one of those kind.

Fitzpatrick would likely have to replace Hooker, so, of course, I'd be all for it. 

If we could move on from a FS who is only a stud in cover 1, and get a high draft pick for him, then we could trade a high pick for a FS who is a stud at many things. Yippie.

I don't think MIA is interested in acquiring other players at this point, if it means lowering their draft pick compensation.

26 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Gee, his contract and the reported asking price is shown in ANY quick search.

We have plenty of amo to add to a 2nd rd pick to get him.
 Depending on what position he wants to play also.

Someone is a bit salty today.  haha

I more meant how much he is likely to want when he reaches the end of his rookie contract but that is not a huge factor.  The asking price is also just "reported" and I don't think anyone "reported" Tunsil's eventual value.

Have a nice day now. 

16 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Fitzpatrick would likely have to replace Hooker, so, of course, I'd be all for it. 

If we could move on from a FS who is only a stud in cover 1, and get a high draft pick for him, then we could trade a high pick for a FS who is a stud at many things. Yippie.

I don't think MIA is interested in acquiring other players at this point, if it means lowering their draft pick compensation.

nonsense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Someone is a bit salty today.  haha

I more meant how much he is likely to want when he reaches the end of his rookie contract but that is not a huge factor.  The asking price is also just "reported" and I don't think anyone "reported" Tunsil's eventual value.

Have a nice day now. 

Minkah's Mom say he should be playing Free safety.
That would end our interest perhaps.

Oh i get it now. Ballard of course will have to factor in if he is worth less than half what he will pay Moore over the next three seasons, and then of course that 2nd contract thingy.
 It is a no brainer that Miami will WANT at least a first rounder, and that is where the bidding will start. His talent and great contract is very juicy.